Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is Hilton prepping for running back?

Featured Replies

It appears that alot of Bell County fans are disappointed in Hiltons choice for the 2009 running back position. It has become apparent that his choice is already made for the next year, and to the disappointment of many fans. I have heard several comments during the games and many fans are upset over the choice. Is Bell a school where politics plays a roll in giving positions? The choice should be the strongest runner, however he doesn't get an apportunity to touch the ball. Whats going on up on top of log mountain?

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Hilton Knows more about the need at Running back than others, especially those in the stands.

I'm guessing it's Carton, but I haven't seen Bell this season.

It appears that alot of Bell County fans are disappointed in Hiltons choice for the 2009 running back position. It has become apparent that his choice is already made for the next year, and to the disappointment of many fans. I have heard several comments during the games and many fans are upset over the choice. Is Bell a school where politics plays a roll in giving positions? The choice should be the strongest runner, however he doesn't get an apportunity to touch the ball. Whats going on up on top of log mountain?

 

Not sure which one you are talking about but. I think he is making the right choices after all they are 7-0 and ranked 1 in the state. Next year is still a ways off. Simpson maybe the back you are discussing but he is a SR.??? I think he should get more carries. I think next year they will be fine with Carton and Davenport carrying the load. They will be a good tandem to carry Bell in the future. Carton is more of a between the tackles runner and Davenport is scat back. I understand Carton has been hurt and is missing some practice time or he would have a bigger role this year.

 

Two other talented runners that could get some carries would be Srs. Harbin and Slusher. Both were very productive in Middle school and JV ball but have had to concentrate on being Great defensive players. Both have done so without complaint and could teach some younger kids some lessons about TEAM FIRST.

Bell County is undefeated and possibly looking at a shot at a state championship and people in the stands are grumbling about who next year's running back will be? Wow! I find that hard to believe.

I'm guessing it's Carton, but I haven't seen Bell this season.

 

I would hope that is not who they are talking about b/c he has missed numerous practices for what Coach Hilton has said "injuries." Hard to be upset about playing time when you can't practice due to injury.

  • Author

Won't JD Hilton be in the fullback slot next year? He did play there with Carton in middle school if my memory is correct. It appears that both he and Carton are being prepped for defense. So who will be the running backs? Or does Hilton play lineman in the backfield too?

Won't JD Hilton be in the fullback slot next year? He did play there with Carton in middle school if my memory is correct. It appears that both he and Carton are being prepped for defense. So who will be the running backs? Or does Hilton play lineman in the backfield too?

 

I think they have a fine young FB in Brown. I don't think JD will be in the backfield I would say you will see Carton, Davenport and Brown for the most part. If they are in the Backfield they are not Lineman???? So I don't understand that????

  • Author

Exactly my point. I don't think he should be giving an opportunity to touch a football at Bell? I have no doubt he will play but I think Hilton should keep him on the defense side of the ball and be prepping someone else to feel spencer big shoes.

  • Author

Defensive lineman playing backfield on offense, I should have made myself clear, sorry.

Any one who watches High School football knows that Hilton likes to win and for anyone to think that he would put someone in that is not the best he has for the position is funny. I'm sure he knows what he is doing as his teams have not won by him playing his players due to political influence.

This is the 2008 season and I think the Hilton is taking it one game at a time and that is what the JV and freshmen games are for. Hilton will worry about this problem next year.

  • Author

He does know football, however Bells schedule is pretty sad. They don;t have one tough game during the entire season. The can't win a championship without playing a few nailbitters. A lose or two or even a real football game would help the in play-offs more than you think.

Are Bell Co & LexCath expected to Battle in out for a spot in the finals? Where does Boyle Co fit in?

He does know football, however Bells schedule is pretty sad. They don;t have one tough game during the entire season. The can't win a championship without playing a few nailbitters. A lose or two or even a real football game would help the in play-offs more than you think.

 

I know this. This is nothing new to me can't control district games. Bell will be more ready than you think. I believe that Boyle and Lex Cath will have the same road in the playoffs because their opposite district isn't very good either. Their competition has been tougher than you think.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.