Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Son of Bear

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Son of Bear

  1. Good Championship game by both squads. Henderson played solid as always for Holmes, and Russ Middleton and Darius Miller had great tournaments for Mason County. Ultimately, I think the tough game with Lex Cath this morning hurt Holmes in the long run... As for the Sweet 16, it is truly the best high school sporting event in the state bar none. The storylines, the fanbases, the upsets all make it awesome. And trying to class basketball in KY would be a huge mistake; the 2008 Sweet Sixteen had small schools (Hazard, Paintsville), large schools (Shelby County), private schools (Lex Cath), traditional powers (Mason County, UHA), new faces (Greenwood), and up and coming programs (Holmes, Elliot) all jumbled into 4 days of great action...
  2. Depends on which Mason team shows up....I figured they'd blow out Elliot and Shelby and have a close one with Tilghman, and just the opposite happened in all games. Holmes has been consistent and unphased in all of their games....this should be a good one. I'll pick Holmes in the upset 62-58.
  3. I guess Greenwood really was that bad.....I thought this would be better than a 30 point game at the half. Mason looked really good and I'm not sure Shelby County will be able to stay within 20...
  4. The game is usually shown on the UPN Lexington channel. I know the girl's championship was on last Saturday night...
  5. Hazard's 3rd quarter killed them...they led throughout the entire 1st half and had their chances in the end. I don't see Shelby staying within 20 of Mason considering how both played tonight....
  6. Mason killed Elliot on the boards (especially the last 4 minutes of the game) and Tilghman should be able to offset that to a degree. I expect this game and the Paintsville/Holmes game to be classics....
  7. Slone was the most impressive player of the 1st round.......yes, over Miller, Hopson, and everyone else...
  8. :thumb: I admit I haven't seen Mason play much at all this year, but is it normal for a Mr. Basketball candidate to be the 3rd option on offense? Middleton and Setty had the offense running through them, and I wouldn't say Elliot had a shut down defender on Miller. The only time Miller was involved on the offensive end was shooting a jumper from the top of the key or putting back an offensive rebound. I'm also interested to see if PT is as good as they looked today, or if Greenwood is that bad...
  9. Paintsville showed an ability to break full court pressure and finish tonight, however they struggled with rebounding. Holmes best offense, is their defense and setting up the fast break. Their half court offense was not so spectacular. Should be a great game. I'll say Holmes in overtime by 3.....
  10. My Ranking of Wednesday's teams: 1. Lex Cath 2a. Paintsville 2b. Holmes 4. UHA 5. Jtown 6. Bardstown 7. Owensboro 8. Central
  11. Lex Cath by 20+.....and no offense to Owensboro or Central, but they were by far the worst two teams today...
  12. Holmes/Paintsville Friday morning winner plays most likely Lex Cath Saturday morning Finals Saturday night
  13. Holmes/Paintsville on Friday morning should be a dandy.
  14. Holmes = Bryan Station with better rebounding and worse shooting If Holmes could have made a few more baskets in the first half then this would have got nasty...
  15. To Hopson's defense, he was in foul trouble most of the game and played to keep from fouling out....but I do see why so many question his effort. From watching him today, his game is nothing but slashing to the basket....he didn't show he could shoot the ball from 12' out. I didn't see the burger boy status from his play today. Catholic should bulldoze Owensboro on Friday morning...
  16. By far the best game of the day...
  17. Mike Fields' take on the transfer
  18. What was Mr. Euton's occupation?
  19. To add to strongopeyon's post, Catholic led Station by over 20 several times in the game and it could have gotten way out of hand if not for the dead eye shooting of Martel Morones. Shelvin Mack was invisible in last night's game....
  20. Lexington Catholic just steam rolled two of the top teams in the state. Mike saw the perfomance at EKU last night, and he has a very valid point...
  21. ^Morones had a brother that played for the 2002 Lexington Catholic Championship team if I remember correctly as well...
  22. :thumb: Catholic was absolutely sick from the 3 point line tonight. If they shoot like that, they won't be touched in the Sweet Sixteen. Novosel, Smart, Stewart, and Sanford are all incredibly long and athletic, and just really good together. On a side note, Morones for Bryan Station was insane from the 3 point line as well. I know he had at least 8. What grade is this kid?
  23. Who is replacing Mike Harmon?
  24. The 11th region started doing this last year. 1st round games are at the district winners place, semis and finals are at EKU. The old format was all games played at the neutral site, which rotated each year from EKU to Frankfort. All the games are not played on consecutive nights however...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.