10th Region Format - Idea for the Future

This is nothing official. Just something a couple football coaches came up with in the football office a couple years ago. Just curious to see what everyone else thinks.

Monday- Girls 1st Round- hosted by district champions

Tuesday- Boys 1st Round- hosted by district champions

Wednesday- Girls Semifinals at one site

Thursday- Boys Semifinals at one site

Friday- Girls Championship at the same site as Wednesday

Saturday- Boys Championship at same site as Thursday

Have a big snow and look what happens................. the football coaches wanting to run the region tournament! :laugh:

I will get back to my football video and leave this alone. :thumb:

This is nothing official. Just something a couple football coaches came up with in the football office a couple years ago. Just curious to see what everyone else thinks.

Monday- Girls 1st Round- hosted by district champions

Tuesday- Boys 1st Round- hosted by district champions

Wednesday- Girls Semifinals at one site

Thursday- Boys Semifinals at one site

Friday- Girls Championship at the same site as Wednesday

Saturday- Boys Championship at same site as Thursday

Have a big snow and look what happens................. the football coaches wanting to run the region tournament! :laugh:

I will get back to my football video and leave this alone. :thumb:

Looks better than what they have now. Don't like those Sunday games.

I'm not a big fan of district winners hosting in the first round, simply because you only get to watch one game as a fan. But with the current setup and the insistence of splitting the sessions, most people probably watch only one game anyway. Not a bad plan.

The 11th region started doing this last year. 1st round games are at the district winners place, semis and finals are at EKU. The old format was all games played at the neutral site, which rotated each year from EKU to Frankfort. All the games are not played on consecutive nights however...

Several years (5-7 maybe) back when the girls teams were being forced to do M-T and M-T, this was another idea (the first is the setup now that the boys are using) that was floated to AD's and Principals to get the girls off the M-T and M-T format.

It was shot down too and there was no desire to make a switch for the sake of the girls' programs.

But when the precious boys' programs had to do an alternate setup, then we start making all sorts of switches.

Several years (5-7 maybe) back when the girls teams were being forced to do M-T and M-T, this was another idea (the first is the setup now that the boys are using) that was floated to AD's and Principals to get the girls off the M-T and M-T format.

It was shot down too and there was no desire to make a switch for the sake of the girls' programs.

But when the precious boys' programs had to do an alternate setup, then we start making all sorts of switches.

I think the thought process would be boys semifinals on Friday night will bring bigger crowds (and non-partisan viewers) than will girls. Pushing the boys off Friday night is in all likely leaving some fans money unspent.

Hopefully, if the above format were adopted, it would remain in place regardless of which state tournament was played first. I would think both boys and girls would prefer a Friday or Saturday night final to a Tuesday night or Sunday afternoon.

I hate the idea of playing the 1st round at host schools. If you like to watch all the games you have to choose one of 4 to go to. The 10th Region Class A did this for two years and all the schools voted to go back to one site which they did this year. Makes for better atmosphere and better for the fans IMO. Also, the coaches liked it because they could scout potential opponents one last time because they could see each game.

Keep the tournament at one site.