10th Region Format - Idea for the Future

I would rather see the times of the games changed versus the format. I HATE the 5:00 and 8:30 games. So stupid!

I don't understand splitting sessions in the 10th. The Fieldhouse supposedly holds 5,000 and Montgomery County holds 4,200. I can't imagine either gym would be full during the opening round. Why charge twice? Why waste so much time between games?

I don't understand splitting sessions in the 10th. The Fieldhouse supposedly holds 5,000 and Montgomery County holds 4,200. I can't imagine either gym would be full during the opening round. Why charge twice? Why waste so much time between games?

What's the root of all evil? Can you say money, money, money.

I really think the first round could be held together. But, the semi's should most definetly be split sessions.

This is nothing official. Just something a couple football coaches came up with in the football office a couple years ago. Just curious to see what everyone else thinks.

Monday- Girls 1st Round- hosted by district champions

Tuesday- Boys 1st Round- hosted by district champions

Wednesday- Girls Semifinals at one site

Thursday- Boys Semifinals at one site

Friday- Girls Championship at the same site as Wednesday

Saturday- Boys Championship at same site as Thursday

Have a big snow and look what happens................. the football coaches wanting to run the region tournament! :laugh:

I will get back to my football video and leave this alone. :thumb:

I think this is a good idea only I think the games for the boys and girls should be played at one regional site.

This is nothing official. Just something a couple football coaches came up with in the football office a couple years ago. Just curious to see what everyone else thinks.

Have a big snow and look what happens................. the football coaches wanting to run the region tournament! :laugh:

Smoke, I also like your idea, especially considering the distances now involved with the 10th region schools. I think it would build more excitement for 1st round games. If it all stays at one site, then the first round games should not be split sessions. And, I realize the scheduling challenges, but I think it is very wrong to have games on Sundays unless there is no other alternative. We need to starting standing up against scheduling school activities on Sundays.

Smoke, I also like your idea, especially considering the distances now involved with the 10th region schools. I think it would build more excitement for 1st round games. If it all stays at one site, then the first round games should not be split sessions. And, I realize the scheduling challenges, but I think it is very wrong to have games on Sundays unless there is no other alternative. We need to starting standing up against scheduling school activities on Sundays.

I agree, you have six days in the week to play and we don't need Sunday games.

I say leave all the games at one site. Draws bigger crowds and gives all the fans a chance to catch two games in the same night.

Also, if you have a marquee matchup in the first round such as the Highlands/CCH game in the 9th , where neither team's gym is very big, it's much better to have the game held at one of the bigger gyms in the region.

I say leave the games how they are, except make the boys finals friday and girls sat. Kind of dumb to have them played on a tues or wed night.

• 1 year later...

ttt

There goes the neighborhood.

Hate the idea of first round games being played at 4 seperate locations. As a basketball fan I like to watch all the games. Leave the format as is. I personally don't care if its at Mason, Montgomery, or BOKC. Just leave the format alone. Chief please stick to football. :)

Hate the idea of first round games being played at 4 seperate locations. As a basketball fan I like to watch all the games. Leave the format as is. I personally don't care if its at Mason, Montgomery, or BOKC. Just leave the format alone. Chief please stick to football. :)[/QUOTE]

That is funny! :laugh: