Everything posted by OutlawJoseyWales
-
3A Notebook: Russell Continues Lock Down of Competition
IMO....their schedule and quality opponents is the bigger issue.
-
Is Russell the #3 Team in Class 3A?
No disrespect intended but....IMO....Russell has played a very lackluster schedule. Difficult to evaluate their progress and overall development against suspect competition.
-
Scott High vs. Harrison County District matchup
Like I said earlier...IMO, this is probably the weakest district in the state (4A)....maybe encompassing all districts
-
Running Clock
You are correct! However, I know of crews that are really lax in applying the rule correctly. I believe there is some shared responsibility between both parties
-
Is Paducah-Tilghman Without An Offensive Coordinator?
I think Warren Central will bounce back from their current state. It seems that Paducah Tilghman is Joe Pesci's vehicle, stuck in the Alabama mud in the movie My Cousin Vinny.....
-
Is Paducah-Tilghman Without An Offensive Coordinator?
They are pretty bad
-
Is Paducah-Tilghman Without An Offensive Coordinator?
I'm sure dysfunction abounds throughout many programs. However.....the continuous drama that this program seems to promote and wallow in....especially with the successful pedigree PT has from it's storied history...has to put it squarely at #1 most dysfunctional in KY.
-
3A Surprises/Disappointments
if anything...I think Belfry has been a pleasant surprise. They've not shied away from playing the big boys. They've lived, practiced and dealt with the bright spotlight and pressure since last December of repeating. Additionally...they have been hurt/injured/banged up since DAY 1. In fact, I would venture to say they've not had 30 offensive/defensive plays with an entire complement of their starters. Now...I'm not making excuses for last weeks game. We were awful offensively (turnovers and penalties). But....I never came into the season expecting to go 15-0. IMO, very few Haywood teams are built that way.....especially since the 2007 season. Belfry has amped their schedule up to the point that, at some point in time, big boy football is gonna take a bite out of you here and there. I'm ok with that....especially since he's proven his formula/strategy has measurable success. Undefeated season would have been great.....but, really, that would have been for the fans. IMO, Haywood could have backed off schedule wise...and still be the odds on favorite to win in December. But....IMO, he's trying to develop this kids into more than just good football players. There are lessons to be learned thru adversity.......
-
2A #3 DeSales vs 6A North Hardin
DeSales in a close one...
-
Best way to change playoff system?
Need to reduce the amount of qualifying teams from each district. Only the 1st and 2nd place teams advance. I would love to see Kentucky have their High School Championship over with before December.
-
Is Paducah-Tilghman Without An Offensive Coordinator?
This is truly the single most dysfunctional high school football program in the state. Without question.
-
Scott High vs. Harrison County District matchup
That's pretty funny Hope you're not insinuating Scott High is a good team?? By far...this district in question is the weakest in 4A...and maybe the entire state. There isn't a good team in the district. Come playoff time....this could be one of those 1 v 4 games that based on seeding would be an upset if #1 lost...but honestly all of these teams are bad. With all that being said....Harrison has played better the past few weeks...and they're home. If they limit their penalties (may be the most penalized team in the state)...they win. Gotta give them the advantage.
-
Cabell Midland (WV) at Belfry Predictions
Wow....some of these predictions are certainly interesting to say the least. I've not seen Cabell this year...so honestly, I'm flying blind regarding their team and who they have returning from last years squad. However.....IMO, Belfry will be hard pressed to beat this team by 30+. I could be wrong...and will gladly eat crow if I am. I just don't see that type of game developing. CM is still strong, relatively fast/quick and despite losing a lot of talented players last year...still have a solid nucleus. Last year....coupled with the fumbles Belfry suffered (ala Knoxville game last week)....Cabell simply shoved the ball right down the Pirates throat. Honestly, I hadn't seen a team fully dominate a Belfry squad that way since Johnson Central did in 2013. Too think this CM team has dropped off that much is maybe wishful thinking by many. With that being said....I do think the Pirates avenge last season's loss. IMO, Corbett is the X-factor for this Pirate team. They have all kinds of weapons...but when he's right...he takes the offense to a completely different level. You saw glimpses of that last week between all the turnovers. I'll take the Pirates in a 14-22 point victory. But....the game will probably be a lot closer than the score indicates.
-
Is officiating down across the state this year?
When was it ever good?
-
Bracken County/Paris Predictions
I'll take Paris...
-
Is Boyle County the best team in the western side of Kentucky 3A?
I think the west is a crap shoot to date. Whether a team begins to separate themselves remains to be seen. If so....I still think it will be Central or Lex Cath. I don't see Boyle having enough depth and experience to make a run. Stranger things have happened. I remember a very weak and inexperienced Belfry team upsetting Mason a few years ago and somehow found themselves in Bowling Green....only to get killed by Louisville Central.
-
Bowling Green Takes #1 Spot in Litratings
I think the Lit ratings must be giving Belfry major points for playing arguably the top 1 or 2 team in Tennessee.
-
Cabell Midland (WV) at Belfry Predictions
It'll be an interesting game no less. In most cases....especially with Belfry.....their big games boil down to turnovers and penalties. In most cases, they have the talent and coaching chops to play with most anyone. But they simply cannot implode the way they did last week in Knoxville. I think they rebound and win 42-20
-
Mason County @ Bourbon County
Unfortunately....this one will be ugly. This district may very well be, the worst in the entire state....regardless of class. At this point, it looks like Harrison of all teams, may end up being the best of the worst. That changes from week to week. All that being said...I believe Bourbon may squeak out a victory at home.
-
Bristol Motor Speedway loves the Belfry Pirates :)
I coached At Runyon and Blackberry.
-
Bristol Motor Speedway loves the Belfry Pirates :)
Everybody on pond creek knows that the Runyon Raiders were #1:thumb:
-
Belfry @ Knoxville Catholic (TN) Predictions
IMO....Noah Corbett will be the difference maker offensively tonight. How he goes and how he's defended will determine the overall direction of Belfry's offense. If he can't be contained....it could be a long, long night for Catholic. As lethal as the fullback is in Haywood's scheme...when he has a QB who possesses the abilities Corbett does....the offense becomes almost nightmarish. Don't be surprised if you see Belfry put the ball in the air a couple of times.
-
4A #3 South Warren at 4A #4 Franklin-Simpson
Predicted this type of start for Franklin-Simpson from the onset.....not changing now. South Warren is quality no doubt....but I do believe FS will get the victory at home. Program is definitely moving in the right direction under Preston.
-
Newport Central Catholic 42 Harrison County 10
They both refer to themselves as "The Breds".......clarification would be good.
-
Is Central Still "Central"?
I certainly think that as long as Scroggins is in place...Central will always be in the mix for a championship. He can flat coach. That being said....I believe he's looking to make a move.