Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OutlawJoseyWales

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by OutlawJoseyWales

  1. The biggest questions around this game are: 1. Will Mayo play? If he does play...how long will it take to knock the rust off? 2. Can Pikeville consistenly open holes for Harmon? 3. Can Belfry's pass defense control/contain the TE? 4. Can Pikeville control the LOS and contain May/Chapman/Epling? IMO, with a healthy Mayo...this is a pick'em game...probably favoring Pikeville since it's at Hambley. However, without Mayo...I just don't see the Panthers as having enough consistency on the offensive end to beat Belfry.
  2. Please...Let us all in on what YOU'VE KNOWN since the JC scrimmage. I await with abated breath.
  3. This should be a great game...even better if Mayo could play for P-ville. Harmon is a load....probably the biggest load in the Mountains since Doug Howard. However, without Mayo....I think P-ville's offense will not have enough to pull off the win. Belfry 35 Pikeville 18
  4. If Harrison Co wouldn't had 3 starters suspended for the HC/BC game...Boyle's probably looking at an 0-4 start.
  5. Until you get into the playoffs!
  6. Who said anything about being 4-0?? Not me. What I said is don't base your opinions on how far Mercer can go by this game. I've seen Boyle play twice this season and I was not impressed. They beat a slow, rebuilding Harrison Co Squad...that held them in check after halftime. Boyle had no answer for Henry Clay...which is nothing to be ashamed of...but for you to say that "I don't think their would be any tougher test in AA" is a huge stretch, when IMO, Russell, Belfry, SC, Middlesboro and Mercer could all handle Boyle.
  7. You're giving Boyle way to much credit. They are extremely young...and yes, there are several schools at the 2A level that could throttle Boyle....Russell, Belfry, Middlesboro, Sheldon Clark to name a few. Now in a year or two...they may be knocking at the door again....but don't base Mercer's strengths or weaknesses on the Boyle game.....this is not the Boyle of old.
  8. Highlands and Belfry have some of the best fan bases in the state.
  9. I agree. JC has not been known for big time football. Great sport lineage in other areas(boys and girls basketball, very solid baseball)....but certainly not football. Matney has instilled a "winning is expected" attitude that..quite frankly, JC has really never had.
  10. Belfry is very young and still a work in progress. Sheldon Clark has not been tested..which IMO, will come back and haunt them somewhere down the playoff line. Middlesboro is the team everybody needs to be watching. Offensively, they are loaded...and they're deep. They probably have the best quick strike offense in E. KY. Defensively, especially against teams like Russell, SC, Belfry...I don't think they have shut down capabilities...but they have more than enough to win. I think Belfry and Russell are the favorites because of reputation. IMO, Middlesboro may deserve the favorite tag based on potential.
  11. Believe me, Middlesboro is loaded. They have a legitimate shot at getting to Louisville. Whether or not they can go on the road and win against a Russell, Sheldon Clark or Belfry..only time will tell....but they should not be overlooked.
  12. Boyle is too young and too inexperienced to handle Mercer this year. Mercer 45 Boyle 18
  13. What's the early line on the Belfry/Pikeville game??
  14. Nice win for SC. However, the Cardinals really need to work on their scheduling. Too many cupcakes. I know most schedules are made 1-2 yrs in advance...but..this schedule is not going to help them later in the season.
  15. I can't see Haywood reversing course at this point...you've got to do what's best for the team. And you're right...Preston is WAY TOO GOOD OF AN ATHLETE to waste him on the sidelines while on offense. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see last night's game..but I've gotten a lot of replies indicating the Pirates looked sharp. Elkins certainly gives us other options..ala a passing game... that we haven't had in sometime. Hopefully, we can work Preston in at WR...and maybe even at TB a little.
  16. Let's see how everything goes against Pikeville first.....:thumb:
  17. No...I base my post on my experience as a player in both OH and KY and a coach in both OH and KY. And, while KY has improved by leaps and bounds in Football over the past 15 years (better facilities, better coaching, more overall interest statewide)....there still is no comparison between the the two.
  18. Don't judge your season on how effective you played against Knott Co. From what I've seen of Clay...they have some nice players...and appear to be getting back on the map in football.....but, I think the program is still a year or two away.
  19. Please don't go down that road. I don't think anyone can make an intelligent, valid argument for KY HS football being superior to Ohio football. Regardless of class, enrollment, population, etc, etc. It simply doesn't work.
  20. This game will not be as close as some think. Franklin will control from the outset.
  21. Just throw Cincinnati out of it..and state the obvious...Ohio football is miles better than Kentucky football. Period.
  22. Both were excellent with ball....especially Hagar. Unfortunately, his injury derailed a great career at BHS. You may not remember ...but as a freshman..Belfry had a Phillips kid from the Blackberry area, who could absolutely fly....and could really run the option. Unfortunately, he injured his knee as a Freshman....and never really recovered.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.