Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WYMT's Top 10

Featured Replies

10. Breathitt County

9. Clay County

8. Harlan

7. Southwestern

6. Middlesboro

5. Sheldon Clark

4. Bell County

3. Belfry

2. Rockcastle County

1. Johnson Central

 

Let the discussion begin.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a pretty solid top ten to me. Although i thought after Rocks lose they would at least drop behind Belfry.

Looks like a pretty solid top ten to me. Although i thought after Rocks lose they would at least drop behind Belfry.

I agree, i think it looks good almost as good as them fireworks at the nest tonight.:thumb:

  • Author

To my knowledge "which isnt much" this could be the first time that Johnson Central is number 1 in the mountain top 10. They were number 2 behind Sheldon Clark in the 2000 season. Can anybody help me out with this.

To my knowledge "which isnt much" this could be the first time that Johnson Central is number 1 in the mountain top 10. They were number 2 behind Sheldon Clark in the 2000 season. Can anybody help me out with this.

 

Actually Johnson Central was ranked #1 by WYMT back at the beginning of the 1999 football season when JC was loaded. That team had Josh Cochern, Jeremy Banks, Shannon Price, Jessie Peck, Chris Chandler, etc. That team was supposed to be one of the best that year but easy to say dissapointed alot of ppl.

  • Author
Actually Johnson Central was ranked #1 by WYMT back at the beginning of the 1999 football season when JC was loaded. That team had Josh Cochern, Jeremy Banks, Shannon Price, Jessie Peck, Chris Chandler, etc. That team was supposed to be one of the best that year but easy to say dissapointed alot of ppl.

I knew you'd have my back.

Glad to see JC movin' on up. Always good to see local teams do well.

:thumb:

 

I agree with you guys.... You can't argue too much about that top ten.....

  • Author

If JC doesnt let this ranking go to their heads "players" they will be in that spot for a long time.

Believe me, you don't have to worry about that with a Matney coached team..... Just like Sheldon Clark and Hager, neither coach will let their players rest on their past game.....

 

I used to worry about Matney when he was at Sheldon Clark, then I learned to trust the man and just enjoy football the way it's supposed to be played......

  • Author

The big sandy region is well represented on this poll with Belfry, Sheldon Clark and Johnson Central all in the top 5.

Agreed!

Well it looks like in a couple of weeks Paintsville will be playing the best team in the mountains. They probably will get their butts kicked. I just hope that Paintsville can step it up and be in the top 10 with Central before the season is over. Overall I agree with that top 10 except I think Somerset is better than Harlan

  • Author
Well it looks like in a couple of weeks Paintsville will be playing the best team in the mountains. They probably will get their butts kicked. I just hope that Paintsville can step it up and be in the top 10 with Central before the season is over. Overall I agree with that top 10 except I think Somerset is better than Harlan

I know have been waiting to start posting about the apple bowl since last season. But we are still 2 weeks away. When the time comes, bluegrasspreps.com will be lit up with apple bowl discussion.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.