Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Class AA Rankings

Featured Replies

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks pretty close to me:thumb:

 

 

Trimmer

I have trouble seeing Middlesboro as a #5 team, but then again ... who is a legitimate #5 in this bunch?

Elizabethtown and Larue Co. neither played last week. Elizabethtown dropped out and Larue jumped into this week's poll. Was Larue's practices THAT much better last week or what? What am I missing here?

Looking at the two teams' respective schedules, I'd give LaRue the slight edge. I suspect E-town has been a little overrated, although they have had some injuries.

Newport should not be in the top 10. Breathitt Co. deserves to be at 10 with Newport moving out. Everyone else can move up a bit.

Looking at the two teams' respective schedules, I'd give LaRue the slight edge. I suspect E-town has been a little overrated, although they have had some injuries.

I don't understand how a team can be 3-0 early in the season and be considered overrated. Does it really matter how much you win by? I don't think the KHSAA gives out a trophy at the end of the season for margin of victory.

Newport should not be in the top 10. Breathitt Co. deserves to be at 10 with Newport moving out. Everyone else can move up a bit.

They have done nothing to show they are a top team in 2-a. Their loss doesn't look good right now and will likely look even worse later in the year. I also wonder about Breathitt County, who lost to the #2 team by 20 points and have beaten everyone else.

I don't understand how a team can be 3-0 early in the season and be considered overrated. Does it really matter how much you win by? I don't think the KHSAA gives out a trophy at the end of the season for margin of victory.
Fort Knox has been drilled by everyone else, including Fort Campbell, and they trailed E-town 20-12 at the start of the fourth quarter. E-town did have some injuries, but that was the game that made me wonder.

 

LaRue was hammered by Bardstown, but the Tigers are pretty tough. Plus, LaRue beat John Hardin and beat Central Hardin at least as impressively as E-town did.

Fort Knox has been drilled by everyone else, including Fort Campbell, and they trailed E-town 20-12 at the start of the fourth quarter. E-town did have some injuries, but that was the game that made me wonder.

 

LaRue was hammered by Bardstown, but the Tigers are pretty tough. Plus, LaRue beat John Hardin and beat Central Hardin at least as impressively as E-town did.

So why did it take their off-week to figure this out? If Elizabethtown had lost, I can see them dropping out. But Larue was off and moved in. Fort Campbell was off last week and moved up a spot after losing the previous week.

Perceptions change over time, I suppose. Early in the season, it's hard to get a handle on everybody.

  • Author
Perceptions change over time, I suppose. Early in the season, it's hard to get a handle on everybody.

 

I agree westsider, it is tough to get a handle right now, I think you also have to look at strength of schedule to determine somethings about a team. Some teams can be 3-0 or 4-0 at this point and it not really be a good indicator. One way to distinguish teams is by thier non-district schedule. Some teams have a very poor non district schedule while others have very good ones.

I agree westsider, it is tough to get a handle right now, I think you also have to look at strength of schedule to determine somethings about a team. Some teams can be 3-0 or 4-0 at this point and it not really be a good indicator. One way to distinguish teams is by thier non-district schedule. Some teams have a very poor non district schedule while others have very good ones.
Exactly.
  • Author

This year for example, Belfry's is pretty good.. with teams like:

 

NCC

Ashland Blazer

Lawrence Co.

Pikeville

This year for example, Belfry's is pretty good.. with teams like:

 

NCC

Ashland Blazer

Lawrence Co.

Pikeville

Yet Belfry won last week and dropped in the poll. What does that say for the schedule?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.