Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Fans

Featured Replies

Which team in you all opinion has the best fans? My top 5 fans are....

 

1. Madison

2. GRC

3. Southwestern

4. Lexington Catholic

5. Saint X

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would put Trinity at the top of any list that ranked fan support. They are second to none in my humble opinion. Then Highlands, X, LexCath and whole bunch tied for fifth.:thumb:

I would put Trinity at the top of any list that ranked fan support. They are second to none in my humble opinion. Then Highlands, X, LexCath and whole bunch tied for fifth.:thumb:
I think your list is about right.

 

But it's really hard (and maybe irrelevant) to judge one set of fans against another.

If your talking Northern Kentucky it has to be in no particular order:

Highlands

Cov Cath

Beechwood

 

Highlands and Beechwood have tough places to play with the feel of the whole town parking all over both cities(Ft. Thomas and Ft. Mitchell) and filling up their intimate standiums and being fanatical about their teams. CCH on the other hand has the best Student Section fans about anywhere.

Not being biased but you defintley have to consider Belfry. Our fans are amazing and travel well. Also with them its more than football its passion and a life. Thats like tomarow night they play Magoffin everyone knows it will be over when it starts but the stands will be filled.

I reamember when we traveled to Lloyd we was in Florence Mall and every place we went people was asking me about our fans. Same thing for Middlesboro that year our bleachers was filled before the busses got their and it really intimidated Middlesboro.

Also if I might add I think our fans do a good job of being classy. And that is something that any school should be proud of.

Also another 2a school that probably should get some love for fans is Russel they seem to draw very good crowds.

I loved seeing the Highlands and Cov Cath fans on a saturday afternoon last year. Great support on both sides.

I would put Trinity at the top of any list that ranked fan support.

 

That's weird.

Boyle Co. has some great fans...

For me the "best" fans are not necessarily the ones who travel the best, but maybe the ones who are most hospitable to their guests at home games.

The Owensboro Catholic fans really impressed me when they came to Corbin for the 2004 state semifinal game.

I would have to mention the Raceland fans in this one. For as long as I have been around the Raceland fan base has been there through good and bad seasons (thankfully many more good ones than bad ones). These people never stop amazing me. Most of the Raceland away games there are more Raceland fans there than the home team has. There is a community wide support in our small area and the ones from the past that have moved away always seem to get back for a game when they can. Raceland has alumni as far as California that stay in touch. The Raceland Football booster club goes above and beyond in providing for the kids, coaches and their fans. The small communities of Raceland and Worthington are empty on Friday nights, everyone it seems is at the game. I didn't mean to go on and on, just wanted to give a big :thumb: :thumb: to the Raceland fans, school admin., communities and everyone involved.

I also have to say that Belfry has a great fan base, not just for the traveling but also for the way they treat other fans of opposing teams. I would also like to say that Ironton, Ohio has some wonderful fans, and the people at Middlesboro were absolutely wonderful to us when we were there.

By best fans do you mean quantity or quality?

 

In Jefferson County the fan base has been missing from alot of schools for a long time. I believe this is becasue of a lost sense of community. I do know of a few schools in particular who have a few strong loyal fans. Fern Creek and Southern in particular. However on many nights some schools dress more players than they have fans in the stands.

 

There seems to be more community fan bases outside of Jefferson County with a few exceptions. I attribute this to athletic directors, coaches, parents/booster clubs who reach out to the community.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.