Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Devilologists

Inactive Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Devilologists

  1. RUSSELL DEVILS LT- 6'6" 315 sophomore LG- 6'0" 225 C- 6'4" 260 RG- 6'0" 220 RT- 6'4" 330 Yea they can play and suprising enough, Russell has a big line this year. Last year on the STATE team Drew Mell was our biggest lineman at 6'0"- 240.
  2. I also saw the Blue Blazer at Russell, and yes even thou it is orange and black on the INSIDE it is maroon and gold on the outside where everyone can see. HEY GIAT- I know where he stands to on the Ashland/ Russell game and it is no secret so I will tell. Russell by 24 at your place. TA- DAH........
  3. Nice preview on Cabell-Midland, they looked good on the field but once again for a team to have the best back field in the state this year in West Virginia with one back having 4.3 speed, They did not impress me like they are suppose to. YEA ITS A SCRIMMAGE, but do you tell your backs- "Dont run hard or try as hard because it is a scrimmage" NO they better give their all out there. CM was a good solid team but the DEvils did really well. You dont know who is going to run the ball. Kasey and Nick were out- Jones looked good- Beekman looked good- DREW ABRAMS- looked outstanding for a sophomore or any year running back. I may have to change my prediction on yardage and scores now that Ihave seen other kids run. Go Devils and see everyone in Ashland this Friday for a good quality football game. I predict the winner to be .............. The team who scores the most. There I said it.. I hope for RAMbunctous night.
  4. Any pics of the finished field yet????
  5. Russell will go undefeated in the first week- GUARENTEEEEED!!!! We start in week 2.
  6. It is sad that they can not field a dominating team with the numbers they have. BUT I know when i went to school there, early in my life, getting to town was a once a week trip on Saturday. I know that things have changed but a drive from the end of greenup Co to the school can last up to 30-40 minutes depending on the trip, so going home after school then back to practice is a NO-GO, staying until everything is over then going home to do work can be demanding. I think the bus ride to school is around an hour from out on Rt 7 past Rt 2.
  7. The junior football league at Morgan is an up and coming program. Our JFL went down at the end of the season last year and had a great time. I am glad that Morgan is coming up at the end of the year to our facility. Hey Our JFL has bleachers now !!!!! Both sides to be exact.. We hope to see you guys there.
  8. Lewis and Clark expedition from Russell, BLAZIN' TRAILS and taking names. Clark with 1,600 yards this year and 45 TD's Lewis with 1,000 yards this year and 23 TD's Jones with 600 yards from QB and 15 TD's rushing, throwing for 12. Beekman with 500 yards and 12 TD's CAUTION !!! THIS MAY BE TOO MUCH FOR SOME TO TAKE IN.......
  9. Harvey is improving but will need to improve to be a great at Russell. I can see him going somewhere big if he wants it bad enough.
  10. Rob Tulley then Tony Burgess copied the step, then Sam Smith in the mid 80's,then Danny Watts later continued the tradition of the high step. I think it was outlawed at sometime at a playoff game and Russell was told that if the center did it again they would be penalized. Now for Tommy Brown--!!! Great Kid but I dont see his stats on the high school record with Tyler Wyant, Michael Gabbard, Mike Couchot.
  11. You have not been around awhile if Tommy was the best in the clutch you have ever seen at RUSSELL. Tommy was athletic- NO DOUBT- but the best you,ve seen ???????? You need to get out more LIL DEVIL !!!!! Muncy, Couchot, Watkins......
  12. We scored around 10 times with all teams scoring against them, INT about 4 picks and held them scoreless and pretty much YARDLESS most tof the scrimmage. One play thet threw a pass and the kid caught it 5 yards out of bounds and almost on the track and they gave him the catch. NEXT play SpringValley turned it over, next play 80 yard run for Russell for 6. I agree UKCASFAN- We will know more onTuesday against Cabell-Midland. Tonight !!!! Ashland-Ironton scrimmage at Ashland @7pm, anyone going.
  13. Russell: Nate McPeek- Marshall Elijah Mullins- Centre Dan Meko- Georgetown Josh Gross- Georgetown Derrick Timberlake- WV state Drew Mell- Kentucky Christian Univ. Brian McKenzie- UK Steve Locko-Dayton John Judd- Southwest Missouri State ?? Rhese Mckenzie-Centre Just a few I can remember.
  14. SORRY--Aaron, had a flashback there for a moment.... Go BEEK !!!!
  15. HURRAY !!!!! I'm for the other team. An exclamation starts a sentence right....for excitement, for emotion..hallelua, hallelua........HALLeeeLLuuuu-YYAAAAA.. Go Devils.
  16. This is FANtastic for Chris, I wish him the best of luck. I think that alot of kids around here can play ball but are not marketed the right way. They do not know all their options coming out of high school and have no idea what is there for them. Post stats on this kid if you here them after the game.
  17. OBVIOUS! The next scrimmage will be the eye opener or the slap in the mouth. All on the same side, still dont look for everyone to be in their positions. I can see Jacob, Kasey, Nick, Josh and Tyler in the back field. Who is playing where doesnt matter, they will all touch the ball. Russell is no frills when it comes to scrimmage, like I said- they will run the 6 basic plays and the 2 pass plays they have. I know what the first play is and everyone who played at Russell knows what the first play will be, BET YA.......Just try to stop it !!!
  18. The size of the line, the depth of the positions and the speed of the backs- wow! 2 Kickers who can kick from 47 yards out- WOW. Miss the long kickoff of MEKO, but kickers looked good too tonight.
  19. Looks like I expected- tie 7-7. Good solid football. I was shocked at the SIZE of the kids this year. Season Prediction- questionable at best. State champs again??? Kids have to step up and play.
  20. The same with Jivan Ivan at Russell, scrimmages are times to work on other plays, well other that the 6 running plays and the 2 pass play we run all year. I think we work on 3 more run plays from a different formation and a pass play that you never see in the real season.
  21. Heard that Greenup Co. had 2 good scrimmages with Powell Co and Fairview, yea i know that they are smaller schools but if you only have 25 kids on a team it makes it tough. Heard that Greenup has a kid around 6'10" to 7 foot tall. Any truth about this kid, athletic?
  22. Russell has a returning kicker this year- Dwain Evans. His younger brother is the starting center on the freshman team. Dwain has competed in body building competitions and has placed well from what I hear. I have seen a picture at Norman's Locker Room of him. You dont see kickers who look like this. Tough kid and strong leg. will probably only kick extra points as Russell will have the combined talent of the LEWIS and CLARK expidition this year in the back field.
  23. NEW RUMOR, heard a rumor that Russell will pick up Raceland in 2007 during regular season, anyone heard this out there in Ramland. Just wondering if the dream is coming true.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.