Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Devilologists

Inactive Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Devilologists

  1. I"LL SAY IT...!!!!- Belfry was not picked to go as far as they did. I agree with Belfry Justice- Belfry was not picked to make it out of the regionals. Nough Said- NOW We know up here in Devilland know that you never count them out because they-Belfry-are tough and you must always prepare for them. I will say that when the grad backs left last year it was going to be tough for them to get back in the swing of things. This is not a secret...... It was hard to replace those running backs and have a team like you had lst year........ BUT we know from experience loosing a running back who had 2400 yards last year that it can be done with a team effort. SO we, up here, knew to watch out for Belfry, class act coach, hard working program and tough to beat. Belfry Justice your suicide precautiuons are discontinued, feel free to roam around the internet. You are absolutely correct.
  2. Newport was the best game of the year. It was the game when our kids were down, scored on and counted out by alot of people, even Russell fans. Some Russell Fans even got up and left during the game, thinking we were beat. Our kids came back, did not quit and came out on top. If the Newport game did not impress you, you must not have seen Newport. Newport is a great team and will be a dominate factor in next years playoffs, JJ Hesch will be back and that kid is tough. I know one kid does not make a team, but Newport would have went all the way and beat OC also if they would have made it past us. I give Newport all the credit in the world. Solid,tough and very well coached. The Devils just pulled one out, thats all. I agree HERD, this is probably the 3rd best team in the recent past. 2002, 2004 and then this team, so why this team to state????? Why did thid team win state- TEAM, and nothing else.
  3. Any word on the schools and players in question. I saw that Derek Timberlake was going to Pikeville If things stay the same. Good fit with Doug Howard. OLD RIVALRY - NEW FRIENDS???????
  4. My count may be off, but I think that I counted 17 players in the championship game that will be back next year for RUSSELL. With the 2 big injuries out, Michael Horn and team Captain Justin Potter, the Devils younger kids played very well. I think we have a good chance.
  5. Kasey Clark- AAstate championship player of the game. Jacob SizeMore- Big hitter onD and a great receiver. :fire: Tyler Jones- blocked punt in championship game and had a INT. Dwain Evans- Kicker EXP Jason Dolly- Kicker -kickoff. Josh Wills- Guard just to name a few. Well as I count it we have 17 returners that played in the AA championship game. Yea I think we are looking good for next year.
  6. Okay, Seth played at Russell last year, They transfered to the "Ville, because his mother was going to school there. I spoke to his Dad a couple this year and this has always been the plan. They love Russell and will be glad to be home. Seth will be a great re-addition to the game plan. AJ will be a great addition to the plan as well. They both should be back in school this Christmas. No recruiting, just coming home. Dont even start the recruiting talk -please.
  7. Russell has a great chance. With the kids coming up along with the kids coming back- looks very possible. With the additions of kids moving home this Christmas- It is looking better all the time.
  8. The JFL program is a great placed for our kids. We compete against each other and then compete at the end of the year against other grades around us. OUr program teaches not only the wing -t but every offense that the kids may run some time inthe future- wishbone, power -I. wing-T, aces, trips. twins, spread and double wing- eagle. These formations allow our kids to learn and grow. I teach these at 7 years old along with defensive stunts. Twists, slants, X, shifts. drop coverage, zone and what ever we run up against. Our coaches pretty much work together to teach all the kids, Competition between the coaches and teams makes for some interesting games, but every body is on the same page when we go to grades. Each coach takes a grade and goes out to face other schools. We had 2- 1 hour practices this past year, traveled to Morgan County and played very well. Our feeder group is wonderful and talented. Look for the up and coming stars out of the JFL- ITS LOADED ALSO.
  9. No one can say that Newport was not a contender. You guys are tough.
  10. As an overall team Russell is loaded next year too. Juniors like Kasey, Jacob, Nick, Josh just to name a few. This year made our boys play hard- we had great competition in our district and that made them step up. Our sophomore class is just as loaded, not to mention the size of the kids stepping up next year. BIG SURPRISE COMING BACK HOME TOO. I see some BIG boys stepping up to play next year that will surprise some people. This victory only makes for a better team next year. I know my boy loves to watch them play and just like nick names he was labeled this year..."Big Show" he beat Kasey in yard rushing but Kasey beat him in TDs, 14 more. My son is in the wieght room right now, getting ready. Gosh I love this game.......
  11. Having the ACE up our sleeve paid off. Being able to have the help from our neighbors really made the difference. Being able to see the defense formations before the game compared to the ACES offense was interesting. During the game fans were screaming, Get pressure on the QB!!!!! I turned to them and said- "Thats not the game plan" They just looked at me. Why not??? I said watch- OC threw the INT. Having the ends drop off into coverage along with the LB's made the OC QB just plain freak out. When you rush 7, someone short is going to be open- NOT NOW... When the kids do their job and do it well (Like Saturday), the whole plan comes together. They were awesome. As for being a "Has Been". We probably had 15 of our senior class sitting close together. We yelled and screamed the entire game. Talked about beating Belfry our senior year and then loosing to the eventual state champ- CONNER. Highlights and Lowlights- memories and dreams of what if. Well they all came true Saturday- We are proud of our Devils and will always be there for them. Lets get ready to match Belfry with 2 in a row. :fire:
  12. OOOPS Sorry Dwain, I meant OLDEST on that post. I am glad he is a junior. better chance at breaking a record for next year....
  13. I think we dress 53 kids right now but ask Midee-1 about that. Just a thought about our special teams, last year we had a kid who could kick to end zone like 30 times on the year. We got spoiled on him and he is now at G-Town kicking. Dwain Evans is our senior kicker this year and has came along way. He is doing a fine job kicking. He does not have the BOOT that Meko had but he is just as accurate on placement. our special teams have blocked a punt against Ashland AAA, beat them(sophomore #8 Jones) scored a TD, Derek Timberlake blocked the extra point against Newport in OT to seal the victory. Not to mention that we have ran back kickoffs and punts for TD, knocked the living snot out of returners to cause fumbles, SO...... We need to work more on our special teams- I do think this is the weakest link in our chain. No offense Devils, it was a hard choice to make.
  14. I dont think we even have a scout team, Do we Middee-1?????
  15. Russell will be better prepared than you think. Just got a feeling about it. No predictions but the paper today looks nice. Our family runs deep, alot of experience,alot of years coaching. I feel that the Devils will have the edge on the learning curve this before the game. NOW stopping it will be the test.
  16. now youve done it MIDEE 1- Ihave to start my bath tonight to get ready for the rest of the ritual. DAG-GONE- it.
  17. Realizing the Wing T and stopping it is 2 different things. Run it until you stop us attitude is the way of the CLOCK. I have seen McGlone run the same play 6-8 times in a row. When you RUN a play, the defense is looking for the counter on the next play. 2 plays to the right with a pitch or long hand off will set up the next. BUT if you are successful with the plays or you have been shut down on the plays, you still have to gamble on the next. Misdirection is the way of the Devils. stopping them is a different story.
  18. last 2 years for every game...... This is getting seriuos now.
  19. Wood of Morgan County has a great chance I HOPE!!!!
  20. Stated obvious is not always the case their LRCW, and please do not put any more pressure on me about the game than I already have. I get questioned every week about rituals and superstition for who ever we play. My statement was for reflection on the season and who we have played not the predicted outcome of the game. If you want my prediction ask Blue Blazer and mine is the same as his. OOOPS he never makes predictions SHHHHHHHHHHHHH...............( see old post of BlueBlazer about predictions)
  21. The Hesch kid is awesome, I will hate to play that team next year. I have a feeling that JJ will have some big records next year. The team is very solid and very well coached.
  22. Do you guys not think that Russell has prepared for the OC offense. USE your head for more than a hat rack. Whats the closest system for us to use as a guide. Fleming !. we have years of tape on them and they play the spread offense. Newport- runs the spread offense. I think that Russell has an ACE up their sleeve on this game. I have a feeling that Russell is better prepared than what alot of people think. Being a poker player you keep a straight face, never show your cards, know your opponents next move before he does and always, always....always keep your cool. Like I said- I think the Devils are better prepared than what OC thinks.
  23. Maroon is a GOOD omen for our boys. Is there going to be a send off from the school on Friday.I would hope that someone would be there to send the biys off with maybe a parade or something. I would hope that evertone shows up at the school on Friday morning to do a great pep rally for the boys. I would say that I will be there around 8am to wait and see. This is a great time for the school and everyone should be there to celebrate.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.