Everything posted by 51513
-
When Rock Comes Knocking at Clay
Yea your right clay shouldnt have acted like they won the super bowl, because that class has beat rock for 3 years in row.....
-
Clay Co. 62 Knott Co. Cen. 6
They also have some athletes on the outside. Dobbs is big, athletic, and strong. I don't know if the Tigers will compete with Rock and Bell this year, but I think they could make things interesting. They will still have to play aganist Letcher, Knox, and Madison Southern. Good Luck guys.
-
South Laurel Invitational Results
This was a good tournament. The Country Club was really playing hard. Boyd County is solid, if I'm not mistaken they won the week before at Powell County also.
-
Win and a Save in the same game??
0 outs. Bases loaded.
-
Win and a Save in the same game??
Ok guys I just thought about the Clay County-South Laurel game in the regional semi's. South was leading 6-0 going in to the 7th and took Trey Smith out of the game, and put him at first base. Clay came back and cut it to 6-3 before they brought him back in. That would be a save situation, so does he get credited with a win and a save, or just a win??
-
North Laurel awarded minor & little league fastpitch state tourneys
Who is left in the 11-12 girls softball?? Last I heard they were our last team still playing.
-
North Laurel awarded minor & little league fastpitch state tourneys
I didn't get to go watch any of the all star teams go play, but I've been around the ball park a lot the last week, and I've been real impressed with how the parents have supported them. The only thing I was not impressed with about them were those silly orange jerseys. LoL. I didn't get why a Clay County team would have orange jersey's, but it really doesn't matter what the jerseys look like, those girls went out and knocked off a state powerhouse in girls softball. Whoever is coaching the high school softball team on down the road will have some good teams if the girls will work. Just watching league play it's amazing how far the girls softball program has come along. I think this is only the 4th year they've had it over here.
-
North Laurel awarded minor & little league fastpitch state tourneys
I heard that Clay 9-10's knocked North off the other night, but lost to South the next day. The youth program seems to be getting better at Clay County. I know the boys teams were not extremely good this year, but there were more players out. Used to in the 11-12 boys baseball division we were lucky to have 3 teams of 10 players. I think they had 4 or 5 teams of like 13 players this year.
-
How is the 13th region looking for 2007 and how will whitley co. fit in?
Clay County won't have a whole lot. They will have 3 starters returning in Mobley, Nicholson, and Gray, but word is that one of those 3 won't be wearing a Tiger jersey next year. I would expect to see 1 or 2 freshman, and anywhere up to six 8th graders to see quality playing time. With only one senior in Mobley, and 0 juniors, I expect Clay County to take some tough losses with these young fellows, but in 2 years I think they are the team to beat in the region.
-
Franklin County 7 on 7
How did Clay County do??? They have had some impressive showings early this summer. What did you guys think about the quarterback???
-
Clay Co. Job
I've not heard if it is official or not, but everyone is saying that he is the coach. Maybe SKINPIG would know if it has been annoucned or not. I'm sure there will be some people who will be upset if this is true, because they think Glenn just walked out on the boys.
-
College Signings - Baseball
C Richard Jones (Clay County)-University of the Cumberlands
-
Looking for information on a transfer into Southwestern?
HaHa. I know. I was just trying to make a joke. From what you guys are saying this would be a HUGE pick-up for either school.
-
Looking for information on a transfer into Southwestern?
If his father is being transfered to Manchester he should come find a place down here. There is plenty of places they could buy around here. LoL.
-
Is Todd Messer the new coach at Clinton County?
He is the former head basketball coach of Fleming County High School. I think he played some of his high school basketball at Knox Central and some at Clay County, and he was an assitant under Bobby Keith, and Mike Jones at Clay County before taking the job at Fleming.
-
Is Todd Messer the new coach at Clinton County?
I knew he was trying to get the basketball job. I never knew of Todd having anything to do with baseball though. Who knows though??? Anything could happen.
-
Who are the QBs to look out for in KY in 2006?
I think Jackson could possibly be the best player out of that freshman class. He is a tremendous athelete. Good hands, good moves, and he has some speed. He can also kick a football pretty good. I expect him to get a lot of varsity time this year. The freshman class could do big things by the time they graduate.
-
Top EKY RBs
Even though Clay County doesn't run the ball a lot they have a great back in Byron Bragg. He is quick, agile, and he can see the field great. He didn't get many carries last year, but when he did he put some big yards up.
-
Clay Co. Coaching Search
That's what I was thinking too, but that makes no sense because Coach Gilbert's son doesn't even play basketball. He plays football and baseball.
-
South Laurel 9 Powell Co. 0
Bray is a great player, but he is also a great kid. I think in the Clay County game he reached base everytime. He really does get them going.
-
Clay Co. Coaching Search
Hey Skin, do you know what happened at the board meeting tonight. Where there any coaches hired??
-
Clay Co. Coaching Search
I don't get what you mean.:confused: Fill me in some Skin.
-
Clay Co. Coaching Search
HaHa. I agree with you. If Clay County pays him that much, Doug Adams should be fired. LoL. That would be ridicilous to pay someone that much.
-
13th Championship: South Laurel v. Middlesboro
Next year will be tough for Clay County. Losing 11 players from this years team. 6 starters, and rumor of 1 more leaving. Things could get tough. I look for the Tigers to start a few freshman and possibly some 8th graders. They might not be good for the next two years, but from then on out eveyone needs to watch out. As far as the game Thursday I'll take South. They are a great team. Even though I thought there coach should have been hanged after him pulling Smith when he had a perfect game. Luckily for him Smith came back in and shut it down. Will Pittman pitch for Middlesboro????
-
South Laurel 5 Barbourville 4
HaHa. Not too good for the Tigers. I'd say the Cardinals will see freshman right-hander Nick Gray. It's a tough situation for a freshman, but I think he can do it. I think if the Tigers can get 5 runs off of Trey they will be in the finals. I know 5 runs is a lot off of him though, but if the bats get hot like they can I wouldn't bet aganist it. It should be a great game. Good luck both teams. Hopefully both teams bring their A game so we can see a truely spectacular game. I think this is the best 2 teams in the region. How did Clay win today?? I didn't get to make the trip.