Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Laurel 9 Powell Co. 0

Featured Replies

Cody Philpot ripped a three-run double to spark a seven-run top of the second for South Laurel. Powell never recovered as Trey Smith and Josh Riley combined for a two-hitter.

Like I said in the preseries threads, South Laurel is playing their best ball right now. I thought that this game would be closer. I picked SL in 3 and will stick with that prediction.

Upon further review, Philpot and Riley each went 3-for-3 with 3 RBIs apiece. Terry Bingham had a two-run single and Kyle Cochis had an RBI single. The Cardinals collected 13 hits altogether.

Did Trey Smith get the start? I know that by the end of the 5th inning, he had 7 K's and had only given up 1 hit if my memory serves me right. Trey has really found his groove. You don't see too many 6'8" pitchers in high school these days! His dad has to be very proud of how well he is pitching right now.

 

Is Ty Proffitt not playing this season? If he isn't, then I would be willing to be money that we won't see him playing football this fall and just focusing on hoops.

Did Trey Smith get the start? I know that by the end of the 5th inning, he had 7 K's and had only given up 1 hit if my memory serves me right. Trey has really found his groove. You don't see too many 6'8" pitchers in high school these days! His dad has to be very proud of how well he is pitching right now.

 

Is Ty Proffitt not playing this season? If he isn't, then I would be willing to be money that we won't see him playing football this fall and just focusing on hoops.

He's not playing baseball. He's playing basketball with his team this week at the Perry Central team camp.

Powell only had one bad inning...and was a double play away from a 2 to 0 game. The Pirates will come out tonight ready to play and I think the series will go to 3 games. I still got Powell in 3. Coming back just like they have all year.

No, Ty Profitt is attending an individual basketball camp in Florida, he hasnt been playin at PCC this week...I'm going to go with Pc in 3 still, they seemed a bit nervous, but they should be...its been almost 30 years since they last won the 14th, i think they'll snap back tonight...Go 56th!!

South got the job done and it will be interesting, to see how Powell bounces back from this game.

 

Should be a good one

I guess South didn't play as well as the 9-0 win would seem to indicate. But, I'm still sticking with them to win this series. They have been playing excellent baseball the past several weeks and are much better than many are giving them credit for.

 

It did sound like that Powell had 1 bad inning, however, didn't South have at least something to do with that? A 2 hitter is a pretty good performance in my book.

Thats true SL played a great game mostly pitching, but Powell was one error on the double play away from gettting out of the inning and South would have only scored 2 and a 2 to 0 game is a lot closer than 9 to 0. Do you remember the 14th region championship when powell came back from 3 runs down in the 7th with 2 outs if they can do that they can come back from 2 runs. Jmo

Thats true SL played a great game mostly pitching, but Powell was one error on the double play away from gettting out of the inning and South would have only scored 2 and a 2 to 0 game is a lot closer than 9 to 0. Do you remember the 14th region championship when powell came back from 3 runs down in the 7th with 2 outs if they can do that they can come back from 2 runs. Jmo

 

SL played some solid defense to go along with their good pitching. My guess is that Philpot (8-0) may be on the mound for the Cardinals in game #2. I expect this to be a good series, but have to stick with South in 3. I think Powell will be fired up for game #2.

Pirates will play good tonight and will send it to 3 games. Either way it should be a good game.

If Powell's pitching isn't any better tonight than last night, then this one will be over with tonight. Was the pitcher that started for Powell considered the ace or do they have one? I guess you could look at it as Powell was one double play away from a 2-0 score at that point in the game last night, but still after not turning the dp they just needed one more out. South came through with 4 consecutive solid 2 out hits.

I guess you could look at it as Powell was one double play away from a 2-0 score at that point in the game last night, but still after not turning the dp they just needed one more out. South came through with 4 consecutive solid 2 out hits.

 

Excellent point!

 

I think game #2 will be MUCH closer and would not be surprised to see Powell pull it out. However, I still see SL going to Applebees.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.