Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Clay Co. 62 Knott Co. Cen. 6

Featured Replies

36-0 at the half... I guess it was not as close as many thought!!!

Sort of the score i thought. Its the same story out of KCC every year, they come out playing against weak competition and have some big blowouts and when the competition starts getting tough they are the ones getting blowed out. How did the two stars of the game play tonight, the QB from Clay and Owens from KCC? Congrats to Clay on a very solid win and good luck to KCC next week.

Just about what I thought would happen.

Owens was taken out in the late 1st quarter and early 2nd. Owens recieved a good lick. I haven't heard anything about his condition. One of the players said that he looked dazed. I'm guessing a mild concussion. I hope not though. He's a great kid and a good athlete.

Just as I predicted. There aren't that many teams in the mountains that know how to defend the air attack that Clay plays with. Add in some pretty talented players and that spells success.

There aren't that many teams in the mountains that know how to defend the air attack that Clay plays with.

 

Well, if you would like to draw up a defensive plan and post it, I'll be happy to see it gets to the proper people.;) :lol:

Its the same story out of KCC every year, they come out playing against weak competition and have some big blowouts and when the competition starts getting tough they are the ones getting blowed out.

 

What some don't realize is that Knott Co. used to be a member of the "weak competition" you speak of. They've made a step up although granted it is a smaller step than JC has made. Personally, I loved it when Johnson Central stepped it up (although I notice some still do not want to give them their due). I'm happy to see what's going on in Clay, at Knox Central, and beginning to happen at Letcher. I'm pulling for Pineville.

  • Author

Owens came back in to play though. On WYMT, they had a run of his in the late 2nd Quarter.

You need the athletes to go cover one … Then mix the blitz up and force the quarterback to move around in the pocket. Knott went with a three man front with no pressure and #7 just sat back with 6-8 seconds a snap and look like an all American...

Well, if you would like to draw up a defensive plan and post it, I'll be happy to see it gets to the proper people.;) :lol:
Man coverage on the wide outs and than send everyone else,The best way to beat it is put pressure on the QB.
  • Author

Lewis was 30-40 for 446 yds and 3TD's

 

On the year, Lewis is 104-143 (72%) for 1624 yards and 17td's!!!:scared: :scared: :scared:

 

On the year, Lewis is 104-143 (72%) for 1624 yards and 17td's!!!:scared: :scared: :scared:

Against a weak schedule though.
  • Author

The kid is special, but yes, I wuld say that the stats are a combination of who they've played and a system that allows him to throw the ball...but still... you have to play the game.

 

I was not too long ago that Clay Co. was a homeconmng game for a lot of teams. Coach Stepp has got a winning attitude in Manchester.

Man coverage on the wide outs and than send everyone else,The best way to beat it is put pressure on the QB.

If you play man coverage and allow your db's to turn their back to the ball then Braxton Bragg their TB will run all over you. Man coverage is a running backs dream.

If you play man coverage and allow your db's to turn their back to the ball then Braxton Bragg their TB will run all over you. Man coverage is a running backs dream.

They also have some athletes on the outside. Dobbs is big, athletic, and strong. I don't know if the Tigers will compete with Rock and Bell this year, but I think they could make things interesting. They will still have to play aganist Letcher, Knox, and Madison Southern. Good Luck guys.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.