Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Looking for information on a transfer into Southwestern?

Featured Replies

I have been hearing that a bigtime college prospect (6'6" DE/TE) from Texas is moving into the area. I have also heard that his family was looking at either the North side of London OR Southwestern Pulaski as their new home. I believe the last name was Duck. The story is that he was already being looked at by major D1 football schools (Texas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, etc). The last word on the street was that the family may have chosen the 'Southwestern' part of Pulaski County for their families relocation. Anybody from SWP have any news on this?

I have been hearing that a bigtime college prospect (6'6" DE/TE) from Texas is moving into the area. I have also heard that his family was looking at either the North side of London OR Southwestern Pulaski as their new home. I believe the last name was Duck. The story is that he was already being looked at by major D1 football schools (Texas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, etc). The last word on the street was that the family may have chosen the 'Southwestern' part of Pulaski County for their families relocation. Anybody from SWP have any news on this?

 

I have heard(a few months ago) that the family is relocating(I believe the father is taking a job at the prison in Clay Co.)and that the family was possibly moving to the Crooked Creek Subdivision in Laurel Co. This info is a little dated though and they may be looking at the Pulaski Co area now.

This is the only Duck when i did a search at scout.com for the state of Texas.

 

 

Pos Nat'l

Rank Nat'l

Rating Name

School, Hometown Video HT/ WT/ 40 Schools of Interest

RB NR Ira Duckworth

(Sterling HS)

Houston, TX 5-11.5/176/4.87

  • Author
I have heard(a few months ago) that the family is relocating(I believe the father is taking a job at the prison in Clay Co.)and that the family was possibly moving to the Crooked Creek Subdivision in Laurel Co. This info is a little dated though and they may be looking at the Pulaski Co area now.

 

That's the family. He is with the federal prison system and is being transferred to the Manchester facility. They weren't going to move until the school year was over, but should have moved by now. I will find out tonight if they have already moved and if so, where to. I had heard they were looking at Crooked Creek at one time as well. Apparently, he was a varsity starter for a 5A playoff team in Texas as a sophomore, but am not sure where or what school. I do remember the last name was Duck because that just stuck out to me. I really hoped he would be in Laurel County at either North or South, but the last I heard the father really liked Coach Anderson at Southwestern and I believe that they have a swim team, which apparently suits another one of his kids. I do like that the family is keeping the kids' interests in mind when having to uproot them from their home, but prison employee kids are often like military kids in that they will often be on the move.

  • Author
This is the only Duck when i did a search at scout.com for the state of Texas.

 

 

Pos Nat'l

Rank Nat'l

Rating Name

School, Hometown Video HT/ WT/ 40 Schools of Interest

RB NR Ira Duckworth

(Sterling HS)

Houston, TX 5-11.5/176/4.87

 

 

I don't think that is him. The size looks a bit off from the 6'6" I was told and he is supposed to be a DE. I was told that this past year as a soph was his first time starting so he may not be on all the scouting reports yet, ... if he is even as good as advertised. I certainly hope that he is as good as the word has him being. But you know how that is. Since noone here has seen him play, I guess we will just have to wait and see!

The young man is enrolled at SW and is a nice looking kid.. But he is not 6'6" and he is not a national prospect yet but may be in the future.. Works hard in the field house and if I'm not mistaken will just be a Soph. in the fall.(I'll find out for sure.)

  • Author
The young man is enrolled at SW and is a nice looking kid.. But he is not 6'6" and he is not a national prospect yet but may be in the future.. Works hard in the field house and if I'm not mistaken will just be a Soph. in the fall.(I'll find out for sure.)

 

:thumb:

 

Thanks for the info! Hope he pans out and is a good addition to the Warrior nation!

The young man is enrolled at SW and is a nice looking kid.. But he is not 6'6" and he is not a national prospect yet but may be in the future.. Works hard in the field house and if I'm not mistaken will just be a Soph. in the fall.(I'll find out for sure.)

 

Does he play WR?

  • Author
Does he play WR?

 

I understand that he only has played defense in Texas, but would be open to be a TE if needed. Again, that is just what I was told by someone at the prison who knows the family, but I haven't spoke with in about a month. Their info was supposed to come directly from the young man's father.

That's the family. He is with the federal prison system and is being transferred to the Manchester facility. They weren't going to move until the school year was over, but should have moved by now. I will find out tonight if they have already moved and if so, where to. I had heard they were looking at Crooked Creek at one time as well. Apparently, he was a varsity starter for a 5A playoff team in Texas as a sophomore, but am not sure where or what school. I do remember the last name was Duck because that just stuck out to me. I really hoped he would be in Laurel County at either North or South, but the last I heard the father really liked Coach Anderson at Southwestern and I believe that they have a swim team, which apparently suits another one of his kids. I do like that the family is keeping the kids' interests in mind when having to uproot them from their home, but prison employee kids are often like military kids in that they will often be on the move.

If his father is being transfered to Manchester he should come find a place down here. There is plenty of places they could buy around here. LoL.

  • Author
If his father is being transfered to Manchester he should come find a place down here. There is plenty of places they could buy around here. LoL.

 

He is being transferred to the federal prison in Manchester (as an employee, not a resident). A lot of the transferred employees do end up buying houses in the London/Corbin area. I wish this could have been one of them!

He is being transferred to the federal prison in Manchester (as an employee, not a resident). A lot of the transferred employees do end up buying houses in the London/Corbin area. I wish this could have been one of them!

HaHa. I know. I was just trying to make a joke. From what you guys are saying this would be a HUGE pick-up for either school.

Also heard he was interstested in Rockcastle Co because of the great football program there. The drive from there to Mancanster would not be as far as Pulaski Co. There is a great swim team there too.

  • Author
Also heard he was interstested in Rockcastle Co because of the great football program there. The drive from there to Mancanster would not be as far as Pulaski Co. There is a great swim team there too.

 

I heard that there was some interest there as well, but from what I understand, Coach Anderson's ability to get his kids looks from collegiate coaches was one of the major factors in the family deciding where to live. It does seem that every year he has kids moving on to the next level. Duncum & then Abbott at NL have also seen a few kids move on the past few years and have had 2 straight seasons with a player on the KY/TN all star roster.

 

I will say this, .. I would love for my child to play football for Coach Larkey. A class act and a great coach! :thumb:

I heard that there was some interest there as well, but from what I understand, Coach Anderson's ability to get his kids looks from collegiate coaches was one of the major factors in the family deciding where to live. It does seem that every year he has kids moving on to the next level. Duncum & then Abbott at NL have also seen a few kids move on the past few years and have had 2 straight seasons with a player on the KY/TN all star roster.

 

I will say this, .. I would love for my child to play football for Coach Larkey. A class act and a great coach! :thumb:

 

Having been part of the Southwestern faithful for several years I can tell you first hand that Coach Anderson does an outstanding job with his kids getting college looks and the Adm. does a great job of making sure their eligible to play NCAA football. With the average of two to three players a year going on to play college ball is fantastic to me but Coach A spends a lot of time and effort to get it done. Not only has he had players go on to college he's had several trainers go join college squads. :thumb: to Coach A and what he's done for a lot of his kids, and if this was what the new guy and his kid was looking for he's in the right place...........LTW.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.