Everything posted by RNCSportsaholic
-
Your Most Memorable Basketball Moment
The first and second round games were the most exciting games I have ever watched. The semi final and final games were blow outs but it was still sweet to to watch the '96 team dominate Lex Cath in the semis.
-
Paintsville 92 Johnson Central 68
I don't think the refs had anything to do with the outcome, I was just saying they let both sides play physical and it sometimes crossed the line. Also, a big :thumb: to the pep section of Paintsville. By far their best showing and preformance of the year.
-
Paintsville 92 Johnson Central 68
Did anyone else think this game was very physical? 90% of the action was just 2 teams playing hard. However, at times the emotion of the game seemed to get the best of the players( and this went both ways.) Maybe its just me but it did seem that the refs let it go on too long.
-
Paintsville 92 Johnson Central 68
This game and the district and regional games will also be played with great emotion and intensity and the coaching staff had Paintsville prepared for this game so I am confident that the Tigers will keep playing at this level. I agree that you can't just turn intensity on and off like a light switch; but a great preformance like this one can provide some much needed confidence for the post season.
-
Paintsville 92 Johnson Central 68
I posted on here before the season even started that Daniel Pugh would be the best defensive player in the region and he has lived up to that high praise. Central started the game by running their 2-2-1 press and after 8 minutes of play they were down 32-11. Paintsville did shoot very well from the field, but when you break a press like they did the result is will be lay-ups and open jumpers. Hats off to the coaching staff of Paintsville. Coach Runyon and staff have the Tigers playing well at the perfect time.
-
Paintsville v. Johnson Central Predictions??
LOL :laugh: It's Friday. I'll be at JCHS to watch 2 games. Regardless of who is playing.
-
Paintsville v. Johnson Central Predictions??
Isn't Central inducting people into their Hall of Fame either between games or at halftime of one of the games?
-
Paintsville v. Johnson Central Predictions??
That will be one quick boys game! It was scheduled to have the boys game first and then the boys following but it may have been changed. It doesn't matter to me, I'll be there for both.
-
1000 points
Both of these players are sophs.
-
Lynn Camp's Jimmy Chaffin agrees to walk on at UK
I'm surprised by this. I watched Chaffin once in person and a few other games on film and really didn't see D1-SEC level talent. Hopefully he proves me wrong and represents Region 4 well for many years to come. I wish him nothing but the best of luck.
-
Paintsville v. Johnson Central Predictions??
The Tigers do have the most talent in the region but the problem this year has little to do with level of talent(as I am sure you know). Their defense is not very good, to say the least. A player with average talent can be a great defender if he wants to be, but he has to want to stop someone. If the Tigers become determined to equal out their preformance on both ends of the court, this game and region should be a walk. However, that is big IF.
-
Betsy Layne 77 Paintsville 76
Up to this point they have not lived up to their pre-season hype, however, the real season starts soon and maybe they can turn things around. I hope they do nothing but practice "team defense" until the district tournament. If the defense does not improve, then all it will take is one off night shooting and the season is over.
-
Top 5 Left Handed 2 Guards Under 6' In A 20 Mile Radius Of Your House???
I had went out and scouted all season and thought I had the perfect pick. This kid is 5'11" and 15/16ths of another inch. Dibbles, shoots, and writes left handed. BUT I drove to his house from mine and the mileage that my car gave me put him at 20 miles and .001 tenths from my house. I think I'll move into my old club house so I can add him to the list.
-
Brad Lowe from Pike Central and Brandon May from Sheldon Clark
For any player from the mountains to receive national attention they have to do pretty much all of the following: A: average about 30 points a game for more than 1 season B: make it to the state tourny at least twice and still average 30ppg C: have size that is relative to their position in college D: maintain a 3.0 GPA E: score over a 20 on the ACT
-
Lawrence County's Blevins to start vs Gators
No kiddin. Let's hope he keeps the ball low and away.
-
3 out of the 4 schools in the All A semi-finals are private schools, should...
To answer the qyestion at hand-NO. Mainly because the All-A is not a KHSAA sanctioned tourny. therefore, they can invite whoever they want.
-
Paintsville A Little Too Confident?
as is this entire thread
-
Paintsville A Little Too Confident?
Where is he playing college football, and by using your logic I guess he isn't playing baseball either?
-
Paintsville A Little Too Confident?
So if they couldn't match with Williams in the game, how does it hurt since he is gone?
-
What were some of the best individual performances in a single game this season?
I watched the film of this game and he pretty much ran free up and down the field. Then I had the honor of watching him in the Apple Bowl. :creepy:
-
What were some of the best individual performances in a single game this season?
Daniel Pugh-Paintsville 10 Total TD's in playoff win against Evarts. Over 500 yards of total offense.
-
New lights in PIkeville
Yeah I agree with you about the short backstop, however I said also said that the fense in closer so that run production should equal out the lack of runs scored on passed balls.
-
New lights in PIkeville
Valley has a decent field, but I would not say it is "light years" ahead of Paintsville. The only difference is that Paintsville's field does not allow the cheap runs on passed balls, however its short fence should balance this out.
-
15th Region Site Questions?
Has any high school games been played in the arena yet? Will any high school team play in it prior to the tourney?
-
Paintsville A Little Too Confident?
Plus the All "A" provides the rooms for the teams involved, and like A2000 said, even if the boys' parents did make reservations they could use them still and watch the girls play! So either way you look at it, the money is not wasted. Do a little research next time before you jump to conclusions.