Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RNCSportsaholic

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RNCSportsaholic

  1. 1. It was at Somerset, with out -of- region officals. So the difference in penalties was not some sort of home cooking or massive conspiracy. 2. Paintsville out gained Somerset through the Air and was pretty even on the ground. 3. Take a poll of coaches in our region and see how many would want Pugh on their team. I think Lynn Camp, Hazard, Pikeville, and Evarts do not agree with your claim. 4. Was it one of your bad days or did Paintsville do a good job of slowing down your offense in the second half? (One offensive TD on a 1 yard run after the FG block, and one defensive TD on a tipped ball.) Give Paintsville a little credit they had Somerset on the ropes, but just couldn't deliver the knock out blow and Somerset did a good job of doing what it takes to win.
  2. For me it was the "Snow Bowl" winter of 1999. The Catholic School Yard was covered with about 6 inches of snow. C. Harmon, D.Hall, and B. Gullett defeated T. Harmon, C. Johnson, and S. Simpkins to win the Snow Bowl. That game was a test of skill, endurance, and sanity. I think I passed 2 of the 3.
  3. I have said all week that this is the most balanced team Paintsville will play all year.
  4. If Somerset doesn't think Pugh can beat them with his arm, they may be in for a long night. Just ask Evarts if Pugh can throw, or even Lynn Camp. FYI- Pugh has thrown for over 1000 yds this year.
  5. You have a lot of reasons to be confident, but why such a lop sided win? As far as speed goes, this is one of the quicker Paintsville teams. No one player has excellent speed but everyone on offense and defense can run. Somerset is the most balanced team Paintsville has played this year, but after facing 3 straight run only teams, Pikeville, Evarts, and Lynn Camp I think the Tigers may be better suited for a balanced offense. My prediction: Paintsville 30 Somerset 25
  6. I was screaming for us to snap the ball! How can a corner completely leave a Wide Out? I could understand him not seeing him out there but he lined up to cover him and then just left...I agree with you Paintsville set the cruise control a little too soon.
  7. I never understood this, if anyone sends mail to someone and a 3rd party holds that letter, isn't the 3rd party breakinbg the law? This is of course if the letter is addressed to the athlete and not the coach.
  8. This game is subject to local blackout. LOL
  9. If I were a coach, I'd put the best players in the field. It wouldn't matter what gender, grade, religion, race, a player belonged to. I'd want to win and also maybe teach society that many times streotypes are in fact dead wrong.
  10. Why doesn't 98.9 follow their "other" home team?
  11. Hopefully it won't be their last trip with the Tigers this football season.
  12. No kiddin! He hit the Paintsville/Lynn Camp game right on the head! He said Paintsville by 1. Final: PHS 28 LC 27.
  13. I do not expect Pugh to have a game like he did vs Evarts, I mean come on, 10 TD's in one game is something that doesn't happen many times in a great players entire life, much less twice in the same playoffs. Somerset would be crazy if they didn't key on Pugh, and their Coach is no dummy. Hopefully, this will give our other play makers a chance to exploit the defense that has been set up to contain Pugh. I have no doubt that Pugh will perform well and have a good night, but players like Doderer, Williams, Ward and Freno have got to force the defense to honor them, and force Somerset to adjust their defense that will be set up to stop Daniel. Paintsville's success will be in direct corralation with the amount of yards Ward(FB) has. If he has a big night, that will open up the field for Pugh and others. It is no big secret that Somerset will try to force Paintsville to pass, I do not feel too bad about that, Pugh is a dual threat this year and has several receivers that he can go to. Paintsville has done a fine job all year of taking what the defense is giving them. I think Paintsville will be able to move the ball, I am more worried about the defense because Somerset is a very balanced team, with good skill players. I think these two trams are very evenly matched.
  14. This would be a great game for Paintsville to play all 4 quaters. In fact it is a must. Somerset is a well balanced team. Their QB reads well and makes doesn't make many mistakes. Their running back runs very well and has good speed. I was also impressed with their receiving corps. After playing teams like Pikeville, Evarts, and Lynn Camp in the past 3 weeks, I hope Paintsville can still defend the pass like they did against Hazard. I fully expect them to do just that. Getting Doderer back even if he isn't 100% will help out big time. If nothing else it is a huge morale boost going into the biggest game any of these players have ever been in. Few outside of Paintsville gave us much of a chance against Lynn Camp so I don't expect must to change. Hopefully, the Tigers prove people wrong again!
  15. Give this year's team the Tiger O and D line of '01 and they would run completely over most teams. Also having a player like Ryan Brown in the middle of the D'Line would force a lot of double teams and free up other defenders to make plays. I think think both teams play/played as a TEAM and that and that is the most important factor.
  16. One thing is for sure, I'll be in Somerset come Friday afternoon! I sure do hope a lot of Tiger fans do make the trip but if they won't go to a home playoff game, I doubt they will make the trip to Somerset. Hopefully, very many people prove me wrong though! GO TIGERS! Also, a big thank you to all fans of other local teams who came and showed support for the Tigers last Friday. I was impressed with some of the folks I saw at the game. Now if you really want to impress, let's see you in Somerset!!!
  17. Paintsville so far has done a good job of taking what the defense gives them. In the Hazard game game I think we only attempted 3 passes while in the Pikeville, Evarts and Lynn Camp games, we attempted many more. I would guess that Paintsville will the the most balanced team that Somerset has faced so far. On defense Paintsville runs several variations of a 50.
  18. Let us not forget, people, myself included, have put down the Tiger's defense this week, but they did hold Pikeville to just 2 offensive TD's 2 weeks ago, on the road. So I hope everyone can remember that they are capable of playing!
  19. Very true because you have nothing to lose. The defense can not return the ball if its on a PAT.
  20. To be honest, I don't think it will be either. I just like going with the flow. I really expect both defenses to play much better than everyone is saying. I'd say 30 points win this game.
  21. KInda like sandlot football, last team with the ball wins. LOL

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.