Question for coaches.

They should immediately and let the players, parents know so they can follow up and submit the proper paperwork.

What if a college is considering 2-3 at the same position, send out information to each and here a prompt reply from 2 and 3 doesn't send his/hers back in, say till 3-4 weeks later...that school may have assumed 3 wasn't interested or chose between 1-2.

Schools, coaches, administrators, athletic directors need to remember, getting these student-athletes a chance to continue their education in college, should be their goal. You never know which school, is willing to make an offer but it should be the family that decides.

:thumb:

I think this depends on the coach and the school. Some coaches just don't believe in passing this information onto the kid.....which is sad but it happens.
That was the reason for this topic.

Imet a player who I know that a college coach sent stuff to the school in care of the coach, but that player and his teammates never received them, from the coach.

I can't understand why a coach would ever do this.

Imet a player who I know that a college coach sent stuff to the school in care of the coach, but that player and his teammates never received them, from the coach.

No acceptable or justifiable reason, in my opinion. :mad:

Hence my post in another thread asking why we send coaches to classes that state the obvious and are 1 in a million scenarios yet ignore what the real job of a coach is. We need coaches education classes on this, not explaining that you should not have "relations" with one of your players. :rolleyes:

I think some coach's think that if they give the kid the information it will distract them from the current task at hand. I totally disagree with any coach withholding information to a kid for college.

Sure there are going to be kids that will be distracted from receiving a letter from a college coach. At the same time, the coaches have taught kids to be disciplined and focused, therefore a letter that could be the ticket to higher education for a kid should be given to that kid or his/her parents. It would be wrong to potentially take away a chance at college for one of your players.

They should immediately and let the players, parents know so they can follow up and submit the proper paperwork.

What if a college is considering 2-3 at the same position, send out information to each and here a prompt reply from 2 and 3 doesn't send his/hers back in, say till 3-4 weeks later...that school may have assumed 3 wasn't interested or chose between 1-2.

Schools, coaches, administrators, athletic directors need to remember, getting these student-athletes a chance to continue their education in college, should be their goal. You never know which school, is willing to make an offer but it should be the family that decides.

:thumb:

I couldn't agree more. :thumb: