Question for coaches.

I never understood this, if anyone sends mail to someone and a 3rd party holds that letter, isn't the 3rd party breakinbg the law? This is of course if the letter is addressed to the athlete and not the coach.

I checked this and you are correct. According to the Cincinnati postmaster if a letter is addressed to an athlete in C/O the school or coach they have to give the letter to them in a timely fashion.

I think the letters are also good motivators to the players. I know if I received a letter from a big D1 school I would have been fired up and ready to show my stuff to send a tape. Somerset's coach gives the letters to the athletes as soon as he receives them and even puts together films to send to the colleges of the players choice. A player should never be deprived of a chance to go to college and play football.

I think the letters are also good motivators to the players. I know if I received a letter from a big D1 school I would have been fired up and ready to show my stuff to send a tape. Somerset's coach gives the letters to the athletes as soon as he receives them and even puts together films to send to the colleges of the players choice. A player should never be deprived of a chance to go to college and play football.
:thumb: ...and get an education.