Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3 out of the 4 schools in the All A semi-finals are private schools, should...

Featured Replies

there be separate All A Classics for both public and private schools?

 

Why or why not?

 

Why are the private schools dominating?

  • Replies 155
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know the advantage private schools have. Recruiting. They are able to send out pamphlets and able to "recruit." No way to deny it.

G trying to stir the pot again... :D

 

Would like to know what % of private school's in Kentucky are classified "A" schools?

 

That would probably be a good correlation as to why they are dominating Class "A" basketball.

This topic over and over again makes me sick!!

In basketball, most of the private schools are small. That puts them in Class A (How is OC Class AA in Fb, but A in hoops?). Lots of little small schools all over Kentucky, I think one of the things that makes the state great. Parents don't like whats happening in public schools? They don't whine, they fund a small, private school. I like the competition. Let 'em play. GO BARDSTOWN!

The Brossart Mustangs Boys Varsity/JV Basketball Program is made up of seventeen, home grown athletes who each came from one of our six district feeder parishes. There is not a recruit, move-in, or transfer among them.

 

Each played in the Campbell County Parochial Basketball League when they were in grade school.

 

Period!

 

No recruits here - I can't speak for the others.

Private schools do not operate under the same rules as public schools do when it comes to funding for both acedemics and athletics. Private schools can offer more in both venues and Parochial schools have many more connections at the college level to assist students in recieving funding and assistance in further education. I comend these schools for the way they operate and help their students succeed in life. But there is a advantage for the private schools to attract students. I say seperate the programs as they do in many other states.

At the small school level, I see that the private schools do have an advantage. Is it recruiting? I don't think so. But private schools do have a lot more to offer as mentioned by bball king in post #7. But seperate them and there is always the question of who is the actual state champion. And on the bigger scene, the top teams in Kentucky are mostly public- (as ranked by BGP) 18 of the top 20 are public. Just let the best high school tournament in America continue as it is.

G trying to stir the pot again... :D

 

Would like to know what % of private school's in Kentucky are classified "A" schools?

 

That would probably be a good correlation as to why they are dominating Class "A" basketball.

 

 

125 schools participate in the All A. Only 36 of them are private schools. And if you removed the 6th & 7th Regions where 8 of the 11 schools are private the percentage would be higher. So I think the answer is somewhere else as for why private schools dominate the All A.

When you have players who can choose what schools they wish to attend, you are always going to have better teams at that school. If you have players who played together since they were all like 8 years old, and they get together and decide to goto the same school, they WILL be good. I know from experience that you can choose what school you want to attend in Northern KY. I see good athletes making decisions to goto a school that they have a better chance of winning a championship and being seen by scouts/etc. This happens A LOT in Northern KY.

The Brossart Mustangs Boys Varsity/JV Basketball Program is made up of seventeen, home grown athletes who each came from one of our six district feeder parishes. There is not a recruit, move-in, or transfer among them.

 

Each played in the Campbell County Parochial Basketball League when they were in grade school.

 

Period!

 

No recruits here - I can't speak for the others.

 

Good and most importantly ACCURATE statements Mustang. Regarding the "R" word, at least in Brossart's case; mandatory movement from small feeder parish elementary schools (the Catholic system's equivalent of a single large middle school) to the diocese's designated high school would be quite beneficial!! Several athletes still in this tourney (not playing for the Mustangs) and playing for Campbell County's basketball team are FROM Brossart feeder schools!! Think they're good now????

If Lee had won , would this thread be on here?

I believe the founder of this forum started this thread and I am sure it had nothing to do with the Lee loss. If you are referring to my post, I have felt this way for the last thirty years. PRIVATE SCHOOLS SIMPLY HAVE A LARGE ADVANTADGE. I respect what they do for thier kids, thier traditions, the education of their students. Unless the privates want to completely follow the standards and policies that all public schools follow then seperate the porgrams.

And since Mustang spoke of Bishop Brossart, Covington Catholic's team is full of kids from feeder schools with the exception of one player on the JV team. In district kids who played in the CovCath grade school league in 8th grade.

I believe the founder of this forum started this thread and I am sure it had nothing to do with the Lee loss. If you are referring to my post, I have felt this way for the last thirty years. PRIVATE SCHOOLS SIMPLY HAVE A LARGE ADVANTADGE. I respect what they do for thier kids, thier traditions, the education of their students. Unless the privates want to completely follow the standards and policies that all public schools follow then seperate the porgrams.

I'm with bball king. He is on the money with the above statements. I played my High School career with the likes of Cov Cath, and could we compete..NO WAY. Private Schools do have an advantage! :mad:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.