Betsy Layne 77 Paintsville 76

The Tigers had a huge lead in the first half and had BL blown out of the gym! But then they simply nose dived! Sort of the a recurring theme with the Tigers! IMO Paintsville is one of the most talented teams in the Region, but BMR can't seem to keep the Tigers on course through the game! That is going to be essential IF he wants to compete for the District, let alone the Region!

The Tigers couldn't play defense on 5 old ladies with walkers. Also, when is the last time they set an offensive play. The last time I watched them they were Run & Gun. What were they like against Betsy Layne? How many no-look (HA HA) passes did that Bundy kid throw.

The Tigers couldn't play defense on 5 old ladies with walkers. Also, when is the last time they set an offensive play. The last time I watched them they were Run & Gun. What were they like against Betsy Layne? How many no-look (HA HA) passes did that Bundy kid throw.

I agree with your commentary on the Tigers defense, but not so much on your analysis of their offense. The fact is, if they play defense then they don't have 9 losses, they only have about 3.

This has to be the biggest disappointment in the region. Most of these Juniors have played since the 8th grade and their doesnt seem to be enough basketballs to go around. Maybe a case of too much talent or too much ego on the players part. What a shame this could and should be a clear cut favorite to win the region.

This has to be the biggest disappointment in the region. Most of these Juniors have played since the 8th grade and their doesnt seem to be enough basketballs to go around. Maybe a case of too much talent or too much ego on the players part. What a shame this could and should be a clear cut favorite to win the region.

Up to this point they have not lived up to their pre-season hype, however, the real season starts soon and maybe they can turn things around. I hope they do nothing but practice "team defense" until the district tournament. If the defense does not improve, then all it will take is one off night shooting and the season is over.

Believe me, it is not any player's ego that beats the Tigers! They may rush shots, but they pass the ball to the open man fairly consistently. It is very poor defense that is costing them the games and maybe the season as well! I believe that a pee wee squad could come in and score on them at times. I know that they lack a so called "big man" underneath, but they could do much better with what they have IF they would block out on the baseline consistently. BMR has not had a handle on the Tigers this year since the season started. I don't know why either. The best that they looked was during the Hoops Classic, but even then they lost several big leads during some of those games and had a lot of luck running with them. If they replayed that tourney, they wouldn't have won it.