Lynn Camp's Jimmy Chaffin agrees to walk on at UK

Les

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking it he is a preferred walk on. Fine athelete, could play right away at a place like Eastern, hopefully he'll get a shot at UK.

I have heard mixed answers on whether EKU offered him or not. Does anyone know?

I understand that he wants to compete against the best and there is no better place to do it than the SEC. You have to like that about him!

Can't blame a kid for wanting to play for the Cats and the SEC, espcially if he has grown up watching them and rooting for them. It takes some talented kids who love the team to make the turn around a reality for the UK program. Congrats to a fine young man.

I hate to tell you but Western lost to Auburn this year 35-17 at Auburn. I doubt if UK could beat Western.

What are you talking about! If it were not for some terrible calls by the refs UK would have beaten Auburn.UK is a program on the up and everyone wants to be a part of it. That's why they signed such a good class for next year!He made a great choice and I wish him well.

I hate to tell you but Western lost to Auburn this year 35-17 at Auburn. I doubt if UK could beat Western.

Numbers play a role in a low tier SEC caliber team defeating a school like WKU or EKU. Scholarships and the amount of players, increased speed and skill at almost every position is better at the major D-1 schools.

Welcome Back 3Wishes!!

Jimmy is a preferred walk on at UK, and could see time playing special teams, and I wouldn't rule out some time at receiver down the road. I don't know for sure who offered Jimmy, but I know EKU and U of L were really interested in Chaffin. Once UK entered the picture, he made up his mind that he wanted to be a Wildcat. Jimmy is a great kid with a good head on his shoulders, and he will work very hard at UK.