Lynn Camp's Jimmy Chaffin agrees to walk on at UK

Les

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the way Chaffin plays but don't think UK is the place for him. Doesn't he weigh about 165 soaking wet? Good luck to an excellent player.

Chaffin is a solid 185-190 now. He played in the low to mid 180's this season. He told me the a few days ago that he had gained about 8 pounds of muscle since football season ended. He also has legitmate 4.5 speed electronically timed at the Michigan camp last summer. He will be a player at UK if he continues to work hard.

After talking with Coach Mitchell, Chaffin's was never offered a scholarship at a D1 school, therefore he chose to walk on at UK. Great move on his part I think. He reminds me of Andrew Hopewell from Danville that went to UK and became a Special Team starter. I think Chaffin will be on the field as early as this coming season. He has legit 4.5 speed according to several college camps.

Good Luck. I think EKU missed the boat on this one.

What are you talking about! If it were not for some terrible calls by the refs UK would have beaten Auburn.UK is a program on the up and everyone wants to be a part of it. That's why they signed such a good class for next year!He made a great choice and I wish him well.

I saw UK play Idaho State a 1AA team and they were lucky to win that game. The point I was trying to make was that WKU is alot better than alot of people think and being able to go there and start or play as a freshman is not very realistic as someone earlier stated.

Highly doubtful, he will most definitely redshirt this year.

I hope Jimmy does redshirt this year. It will give him a chance to adjust to the system and to college life. He will also be able to compete in practice and participate in the weight and conditioning program. Jimmy is 5' 11" and I believe he can carry 200 # on his frame without losing any speed, possibly even gaining some. If you have seen him, you know he is a football player, not just an athlete. He will contribute to the program. He wanted to go to UK and play for the Cats. He had the opportunity so he took it. He gets to go to college where he wanted and keep playing a game that he loves so I don't see where people say that is a mistake.

I'm tickled for Jimmy! Most people that walk on are viewed as people not good enough for scholarships. I don't view it like that at all. I view them as players who are willing to make the sacrafice to be a part of a team that they want to play for and will work their tails off. Players that do that are the ones that truly want to be there. Jimmy seems like a hard worker and great kid. I wish him the best and think he can make an impact at UK regardless of his postions at somewhere in time. Best of luck to him! This is good for Lynn Camp football and Southeastern Kentucky both!

Chaffin is a solid 185-190 now. He played in the low to mid 180's this season. He told me the a few days ago that he had gained about 8 pounds of muscle since football season ended. He also has legitmate 4.5 speed electronically timed at the Michigan camp last summer. He will be a player at UK if he continues to work hard.

:thumb: :thumb:

I'm tickled for Jimmy! Most people that walk on are viewed as people not good enough for scholarships. I don't view it like that at all. I view them as players who are willing to make the sacrafice to be a part of a team that they want to play for and will work their tails off. Players that do that are the ones that truly want to be there. Jimmy seems like a hard worker and great kid. I wish him the best and think he can make an impact at UK regardless of his postions at somewhere in time. Best of luck to him! This is good for Lynn Camp football and Southeastern Kentucky both!

:thumb:

Excellant Post!

I know kids who would love to be wearing the Blue and White.

Congrats to Pappy lol. You make me proud kidd you are a very gifted athlete and i no you will prove the doubters wrong.Work hard and get The BIG BLUE turned around.I have watched you play and grow up and you have spent a lot of time at my house with The Boys.Congratulations again and good luck at KENTUCKY.

I hope Jimmy does redshirt this year. It will give him a chance to adjust to the system and to college life. He will also be able to compete in practice and participate in the weight and conditioning program. Jimmy is 5' 11" and I believe he can carry 200 # on his frame without losing any speed, possibly even gaining some. If you have seen him, you know he is a football player, not just an athlete. He will contribute to the program. He wanted to go to UK and play for the Cats. He had the opportunity so he took it. He gets to go to college where he wanted and keep playing a game that he loves so I don't see where people say that is a mistake.

I'm not sure he's quite that tall....