Brad Lowe from Pike Central and Brandon May from Sheldon Clark

Someone please tell me why these 2 kids don't get any recognition statewide. They are both 6'3 swingmen who can post or shoot from deep. Lowe is a little quicker and May is stronger and has a better post game. I stated in another thread that I think they are both very comparable to Aaron Dunaway/Henry Clay who is in everyones top 5 players statewide. Dunaway may have a slight edge on these 2 but the margin is very small. They are all very similiar in size and will play on the wing in college. They all can do everything on the court shoot ,handle, pass, rebound etc... Lowe avgs close to 30pts a game and is at the top of the state in 3pt shooting. May avgs 20pts and 10rbs and hits between 2 to 3 trifectas a game and is a very strong and physical player. I know alot of the kids from the mtns have inflated stats because of the competition they play w/ and against but these 2 would start and avg 20pts a game for anyone. In one poll they are ranked in the 70's of the top seniors in the state and in another including underclassmen May is ranked 87th and Lowe isn't even ranked in the top 100, Are you kidding me? I just think that these guys should get some credit where it is due. They are 2 outstanding players and they should be recognized across the state for it and not punished because they play in a weak region and don't get to be seen across the state very often.

It dosen't matter how good you are in the 15th, it's not meant for you to be recongnized. The thing Dunaway has over these guys is he plays top notch in state competition night in and out. On the otherhand the 15th Region is filled with a bunch of teams that can basically only play with themselves and teams from the 16th and 14th's. It hurts to say but the athleticism in the mountains just dosen't compare to that outside. True they are very good players in the mountains, but their upsides aren't that great compared to those in the cities because they are no where near as athletic. Pretty much meaning players such as Dunaway only have room to get better as while most players in the mountains will continue to peak out in high school.

It dosen't matter how good you are in the 15th, it's not meant for you to be recongnized. The thing Dunaway has over these guys is he plays top notch in state competition night in and out. On the otherhand the 15th Region is filled with a bunch of teams that can basically only play with themselves and teams from the 16th and 14th's. It hurts to say but the athleticism in the mountains just dosen't compare to that outside. True they are very good players in the mountains, but their upsides aren't that great compared to those in the cities because they are no where near as athletic. Pretty much meaning players such as Dunaway only have room to get better as while most players in the mountains will continue to peak out in high school.

That's a stupid post or should I say YOU ARE VERY INEXPERIENCED IN HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL !!!!!

You also have the thinking that kids from the mountains don't go and stay e.g. Thompson, May, Tackett, Hall, Jenkins, Ratliff, Hylton.

All those guys and more have left, and came back. All super talented but couldn't cut the work needed to play big time ball on the court or in the classroom, or they were just plain momma's boys and couldn't take being away from home.

You also have the thinking that kids from the mountains don't go and stay e.g. Thompson, May, Tackett, Hall, Jenkins, Ratliff, Hylton.

All those guys and more have left, and came back. All super talented but couldn't cut the work needed to play big time ball on the court or in the classroom, or they were just plain momma's boys and couldn't take being away from home.

O.K. THE 2nd STUPID POST OF THE DAY !!!!!!!!!!

That's a stupid post or should I say YOU ARE VERY INEXPERIENCED IN HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL !!!!!

Who are you to call me inexperienced in high school basketball, apparently you are not familiar with mountain basketball vs. city basketball. How can I be inexperienced when I live it the mountains and admit what is the truth. How many 6'3'' white boys from the mountains (without hops) make it to a good or even decent D-1 school? Like JD said, furthermore, how many have went to a big school and actually stayed? Not many because they soon realized they were out of place and would never make it off the end of the bench. Players like Jody Thompson and Todd "Heff" Conley were two of the best not only to come from the mountains, but the entire state. Two of the best in Kentucky "High School" basketball history, but what happened? And where did they go to? Correct me if im wrong but Thompson left UK for Pikeville and Conley, what Georgetown to ???????? My point exactly, so quit hating. I admited Lowe and May are nice players, but comparing them to Dunaway and others is absurd. Nice players in this area, but good luck to them at Alice Lloyd, Cumberland, or if they get lucky enough Cambellsville. They are mountain players and if they have any future after their senior years, it will continue to be in the mountains. :thumb:

It isn't absurd at all, they are both athletic enough to jump right in Dunaway's spot at HC and put up similiar numbers. I havn't seen anyone Brandon played against this year that could actually stop him from getting his shot including Bryan Station who is one of the most athletic teams in the state. He doesn't lift weights, he's never done any drills to try and improve his quickness and leaping yet he is still pretty athletic. Put him in a college program where he actually has to hit the gym everyday and he'd be a very impressive physically. Lowe looks as if he lifts but I'm not sure. PCC has played down state a couple times and I can't recall one time this year anyone saying they shut him down. Again I'm not saying they are as good but there is not nearly as big of a gap as most think.