Brad Lowe from Pike Central and Brandon May from Sheldon Clark

Who are you to call me inexperienced in high school basketball, apparently you are not familiar with mountain basketball vs. city basketball. How can I be inexperienced when I live it the mountains and admit what is the truth. How many 6'3'' white boys from the mountains (without hops) make it to a good or even decent D-1 school? Like JD said, furthermore, how many have went to a big school and actually stayed? Not many because they soon realized they were out of place and would never make it off the end of the bench. Players like Jody Thompson and Todd "Heff" Conley were two of the best not only to come from the mountains, but the entire state. Two of the best in Kentucky "High School" basketball history, but what happened? And where did they go to? Correct me if im wrong but Thompson left UK for Pikeville and Conley, what Georgetown to ???????? My point exactly, so quit hating. I admited Lowe and May are nice players, but comparing them to Dunaway and others is absurd. Nice players in this area, but good luck to them at Alice Lloyd, Cumberland, or if they get lucky enough Cambellsville. They are mountain players and if they have any future after their senior years, it will continue to be in the mountains. :thumb:

Im not saying either one of you two are wrong, but last year in the state championship game, I beleive one of those slow white kids that can't jump dropped 30 points on Warren Central in route to a state championship(Walt Allen). Also, he is a frontrunner for Mr. Basketball this year. Not to mention, another one of those slow white kids, is thought to be a the be the best player in the class of 2007(Ty Proffitt). So, the kids from the moutains are just as good as the city boys, because like I said earlier, lets not forget where our raining state champions are from. And I know you only mentioned the 14th, 15th, and 16th regions are moutain schools, but South Laurel is from the moutains, and they have a bunch of those slow white kids your talking about. I just thought I would throw that in the discussion.:thumb:

For any player from the mountains to receive national attention they have to do pretty much all of the following:

A: average about 30 points a game for more than 1 season

B: make it to the state tourny at least twice and still average 30ppg

C: have size that is relative to their position in college

D: maintain a 3.0 GPA

E: score over a 20 on the ACT

For any player from the mountains to receive national attention they have to do pretty much all of the following:

A: average about 30 points a game for more than 1 season

B: make it to the state tourny at least twice and still average 30ppg

C: have size that is relative to their position in college

D: maintain a 3.0 GPA

E: score over a 20 on the ACT

:thumb:

I beleive one of those slow white kids that can't jump dropped 30 points on Warren Central in route to a state championship(Walt Allen).

Todd "Heff" Conley also dumped over 30 against Kevin Garnett's Maulden High team and still didn't get anywhere. Granted good high school players can score and put up good numbers, but like I said tend to reach their peak or climax around high school. Not too many do much in college if they make a big program, thats why most generally end up at schools such as ALC, Cumberland, Union, Centre, Cambellsville, etc. Furthermore mountain teams can be good, even great and win state championships. See Paintsville/SL for example. But my point is not many mountain players (although great players in high school) do much after their high school careers are over.