Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

laniganfan29

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by laniganfan29

  1. Congrats to St. Henry for advancing to the semi-finals and also a BIG congrats goes out to Villa Madonna for their first appearance in the 9th Region Tourney and a heck of a gameplan.
  2. It is getting harder & harder to find a high school game on the radio, I can remember Dale McMillan & Gary Ball doing a whole bunch of games in Northern KY. We need to make sure that we support the folks that still do them and let the sponsors of the shows know that you really appreciate them stepping up and sponsoring high scholl sports in our communities.
  3. I think that they just need some time and they will a strong football program, They don't need to try to reinvent the wheel just put a lot of time in the weight room, conditioning and play disciplined football is what seperates the top teams from the rest of the crowd. I heard the were looking for some donors to pay for lights up at the sports complex, if you know of any contact Woody at Walton Verona High School.
  4. Was there any conversation about moving the tourney site in the future, I know no other gym can hold as many but I would think that Carroll County or Gallatin County would be a nice change to host the event at.
  5. St. Henry wins by 19, starters will get plenty of rest in this one.
  6. My understanding is that every school in each region is invited to the draw for their region, they do not have to be one of the 8 teams that will be playing in the regional tournament.
  7. If Scott can pull the upset tomorrow each of the 3 Kenton County schools will have won a district championship this year, wow what a crazy year for sports.
  8. Congrats goes out to the players that made that team but I'm kinda of surprised that the none of the following did not make it: Thompson from Grant County Jones or Ponzer from Walton Verona Shelton from Owen County No love for the teams in the northern side of the region I guess.
  9. Congrats to Coach Faust and his Crusaders, proving once again that he is one of the best in the state.
  10. I would like to see the Colonels from Cov. Cath draw the Bluebirds from Highlands with Cov. Cath winning that game but getting knocked off by one the best in the state Dave Faust and his Crusaders.
  11. I agree with you that 03/04 team was one of the more talented teams to come thru Walton in a while, no personal shots were taken toward you from me. You are the one that took shots at Ponzer, all I did was explain what that reaction was for. Enough said on this matter, lets all get behind the 2 teams from the 32nd district and root them on in the regional tournament.
  12. Exactly, I have been around basketball for a very long time and that is my first time ever witnessing those actions from a coach during a game. Like I said in an earlier post, Kyle Bennett was the last person that I would have every expected to do what he did. I am done saying anything else about the situation.
  13. Some people react differently to defeat than what others do but his reaction had to do more than the defeat if you watched & heard what was said from the coach. That type of behavior from a coach should never be tolerated and I was totally shocked that it took place. You have to give Ponzer credit for being talented and able to lead his team to a tie for 1st place in the district and a berth in the regional tournament next week. Something your Walton team was not able to do.
  14. This game was a :eek:shocker:eek: when I read about it. It seems that everybody has hit the nail on the head with if you want to make a deep run into post season play then you have got to play as team.
  15. Title IX is why these games are being played at the dates & times we are experiencing in todays world.
  16. Not to surprised with Conner getting the victory, Coach Hicks is a great coach this time of the year.
  17. As the season winds down and everybody is starting to find out the teams that will be competing for the regional championships, I would like to know if any other school sytems in the state of KY have 3 teams from the same school system competing for 3 different region championships? The 3 Kenton County schools are Simon Kenton in the 8th Region, Dixie Heights in the 9th Region and Scott in the 10 Region.
  18. The Cru wins by 8 and advance on to the 9th Region.
  19. Game was 12- 14 with 20 seconds to go so we loaded up & left. Grant had just cleared their bench. Grant County will be a handfull next season for a bunch of teams, it will be a very athletic senior class.
  20. Grant County looked totally gassed, Thompson & Sharp played really hard & came up short.
  21. If you watched that game from start to finish you and a whole lot of W-town fans would understand that the Walton Verona players had finally had enough of the cheap shots. I'm not saying what the Martin kid did was right by any means but after the beating he took most of the night I cannot fault him. My prediction for this game is Walton Verona will win by 16.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.