Regional Tournament Dates

Looking at 2007 Regional brackets here is what I found. Nine (9) of the 16 Regions played their S/F on Monday night and the final on Tuesday night. Format the same this year as last because the Girl's Sweet Sixteen is up first and all Boy's Regionals have to be completed by Tuesday March 11th, 2008 (day before the Girl's Sweet Sixteen begins). Some regionals play S/F on Saturday and then the final on Monday night. 11th Region played S/F on Saturday and then didn't play the final until Tuesday last year.

Advantage of Sat/Mon: Both teams get one day rest before the final

Disadvantage of Sat/Mon final: Teams must wait at least 9 days before their first round state tourney game vs. 8 days if they played on Tuesday evening.

Seems like the Sat/Mon arrangement has the bigger immediate advantage. Then why so many regions doing the Mon SF and Tue Final with back to back nights??

Any thoughts or reasons??

I don't know why the girls and boys regionals are played during the same weeks. This happened last year because of the NCAA being at Rupp but I don't know why it is like that this year. It is silly. In the past the girls would play region one weekend and the boys would play the next or vice versa. Now the boys are stuck playing their big games during non primetime slots such as Sunday afternoon, Saturday afternoon, Monday night and Tuesday night.