Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RetiredCoach1968

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RetiredCoach1968

  1. Your right Boyle would run away from both these teams but they laid an egg and it’s PT night. It’s what makes sports great.. unexpected major upsets gives others opportunities, it happens every year at all levels.
  2. I feel this one is over, I’m not overly impressed with either team…
  3. Watching the game Boyle had opportunities and didn't succeed, sure the last play may have not been the correct call, but I think the biggest play was prior to that when Cov Catholic was down 28-24 and it was 4th and 8, QB scramble for the first down late in the 4th. Boyle had two other occasions 4th and distance, and Boyle had Pass interference called both times to give CC the first down. I coached a lot of years and turnovers and penalties along with giving up chunks of yardage on first down is the recipe for a loss...A coaching gem by CC coaches and limited defensive adjustments for Boyle. Boyle really missed the Crowe kid at Linebacker this game...
  4. I'm heading out to this game, I'm going Pikeville, but you never know. It could come down to like most games who takes care of the football, a couple turnovers from either team could end in a loss... Pikeville 28-21
  5. I coached a lot of years at all levels. Size doesn't matter that much in High School (it does in college), most big kids in High School can't move well. Boyle, I have watched in person, they are not big at all up front but very athletic and physically strong with great technique. Boyle's lineman all can move; the Kelly kid isn't huge #73 but special on both sides. Haddix pulls and moves him the entire game and runs behind him off the scout about 60 percent of the time. McClure is also a solid lineman for them on both sides. Also, 6'7 Driver will be one of the bigger recruits from KY in a long time in a couple years, he can fly also. Boyle won't past the eye test with the exception of Driver if you haven't seen them in person, but man they are fast all over, to me their speed is what makes Boyle extra special.
  6. I think this could go either way, I'm leaning a bit in favor of Ashland 42-35 in a shoot-out.
  7. Danville has been on the decline for some time and the program is at a low, it started in Clevenger's last years. Clevenger 5-8,3-7, and 5-3 in the covid year. 13-18 his last three years-fired Peach was 13-11 the next two years, decided to leave, probably seen the writing on the wall Parks 0-22 nothing more to say Danville 26-51 over the last 7 years, there may be no recovery at this point. They must hire the right person that can keep kids there. Hopefully things turn around for them.
  8. Centrals defense may allow them to stay close, just not enough offense, I'm going Manual. I know the Coach at Manual and he is excited about this year's team.
  9. I remember the older brother from hearing his name, I remember Smith saying at a Clinic one time he was the most dominant lineman he had ever coached, and that was saying something.
  10. This will be a good one, my nephew plays for Pikeville and is excited about the challenge. Can't wait to watch this one.
  11. Boyle is loaded with talent, you have to include Colt Kelly on your list who is the younger brother of Wilson Kelly, that has started every game since his freshman year at the varsity level on the line. Kelly is probably their best lineman on both sides of the ball from what I hear coaches say and has D1 interest from several schools, just a bit undersized. I also have heard good things about the 320-pound nose guard Yocum.
  12. Boyle won't show much and play everyone, still should not get much of a challenge. I heard at Jabez Boyle dominated Pulaski and Rockcastle in controlled situations. One of Pulaski's coaches told me Boyle's oline is really good and also the Dline, he said Kelly on both lines and of course Quisenberry really stood out.
  13. Boyle will be as good as they were last year may be even better on defense. Several transfers that didn’t get to play last year from Danville. Jakeem Ray is special who could only play JV last year along with Clifton Yocum. You have Driver and Kelly who will play both ways who also are D1 players along with McClure.
  14. Corbin will be solid,may be the second best team again in 4A, unfortunately they have to Play Boyle at some point.
  15. This is going to be a long night for the Bobcats. I would love to see Bell pull off a miracle, but it's not going to happen. The only chance could be heavy rain, turnovers and ball control. You know the Bell County kids will fight their tail off, and achieved a great accomplishment to get there, but I'm going Cal 35-7...
  16. I don't think this game will be as close as some suspect, I look for Boyle to pull away in the second half. To Arns earlier point, Size in high school up front rarely matters much, most high school kids with great size don't move the best quite yet, the ones that do are special. Boyle's line is not big on either side of the ball from watching them a few times including against Corbin. Boyle will run behind the Kelly kid #73, who they move around on both sides of the ball, he looks about 6'1 240 but as a former coach, he is special off the ball and like all their lineman have great technique. Boyle from watching is very well coached on the line, they run a complicated blocking scheme upfront no one talks about or understands, that is difficult to prepare for in High School and hard to execute. They have other lineman upfront also that are solid also, just not much size, but quick. Cov Catholic will have to throw the ball to stay in the game, I just don't see them moving the ball on the ground especially since Douglas couldn't do anything. Boyle 42-21
  17. The twins were not dominant(solid but not dominant) in the game. 99 the DEnd. I thought for the first time got moved by the Kelly kid a few times. The other was solid at LB and Dline. Neither could tackle Quisenberry, he was the best player and athlete on the field.
  18. That's a good point, I remember the Kelly Kid starting at center last year, I looked him up and he was a freshman against us and BC running behind him in the championship game. I have heard he starts both ways and has been out, so that could be a factor if he doesn't play or plays only one way. I went down to the FD game, and he was pancaking their dlineman and making numerous plays on Defense... That's the fun part of a game like this, the matchups within the game...of course we all probably remember his brother, not sure where he went but it was a big school if I remember correctly.
  19. Game stays close early and Boyle pulls away late to a 42-21 win. Of course, games can totally change when you factor in turnovers and explosive plays. If Boyle doesn't turn the ball over and doesn't let Corbin get behind them, I see Boyle winning. However, these are young men in front of a lot of people in a big game, you never know, it's the type of game the players will always remember, regardless the outcome...
  20. They looked at a couple of other schools also when they moved back, even toured Boyle, but this deal was put in place, then they decided to go to Corbin. This is old news that is just coming out. More power to the kids, can't blame them...
  21. That wasn’t Quisenberry that was another kid for Boyle that run the 44yd td. Another speedster they must have.
  22. Agreed, this one could easily (and should have)been 21-0 at the half….
  23. Big stop by Douglas, I made the trip over Boyle is the superior team. Douglas one first down on a Pass interference and one pass that looked like a pic in the end zone, that’s about it for their offense. I Wouldn't be surprised if Boyle pulls away 2nd half….
  24. As far as overall number one, to be determined, yes... they could beat anyone, but Boyle needs work on the back end on defense, which is surprising, their secondary has to be the fastest in the state. Boyle for some reason seems to play all zone when I watched them a couple times and no man to man. I have also heard Boyle's best lineman on both sides of the ball Kelly is out for an extended period with an injury, which hurts Boyle significantly in the coming weeks.
  25. Boyle just has too much speed/talent. You have those kids and then your Driver at LB with a D1 offer, Kelly who recently ranked by Rivals as #3 lineman in 2026 Class in KY. Crowe at linebacker is as good as any linebacker in the State. Just a lot of talent on that squad. I'm making the trip down for this one BC 42-21

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.