Boyle County at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates

Boyle County at Frederick Douglass  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya With?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2023 at 11:36 PM

Boyle County Logovs. FD.png.0ffd039d3f532eb22c15a4a8ad38fcad.png

The Rebels (9-0) travel to "The Farm" to take on the Broncos (5-3) the kickoff is scheduled for 7:30. This should be one of the better end of season games. The Rebels of Boyle Co. many think may very well be the best team in the state no matter of class. (as a thread here on BGP addresses) The Broncos have played one of the best schedules in the state this season and are starting to show much improvement especially on the offensive side of the ball.

This will mark the 3rd time the teams have played. They have both won convincedly on each other's field. The first time they played in 2021 the Rebels came to Douglass and defeated the Broncos 34-7 on their way to a 14-1 and state championship season. The Broncos returned the favor last year in their 15-0 state championship season by defeating the Rebels 37-6. 

That 37-6 loss last season at home to Douglass is the last game that Boyle has lost they went on after that game to roll to the 2022 state championship by an average of over 22 points per game. They currently have the state's longest winning streak at 14 having not lost since the game vs. Douglass at home last season.

The game will can be seen on for sure I believe on the NFHS Network and on Gilcod and I'm not sure if it will be on the Boyle Co. network I would assume so. The Broncos will have to bring their "A" game to beat the Rebels, but I think it will be a good game for both programs going into their respective playoffs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Did you notice how I phased the question in a poll as a shout out to you and @the guru. 

As soon as I saw this thread I ran away.  I am hoping this is an informative thread and we can all figure out who is going to win this game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

As soon as I saw this thread I ran away.  I am hoping this is an informative thread and we can all figure out who is going to win this game. 

I don't know about that I am a FD guy through and through but Boyle looks very, very good this year. They have beat a possible 2A State Champ and thumped a team I think could very well win the 5A title. It will be tough for my Broncos.

• Like 1

If Boyle loses I think they go on the road to Corbin in round 3, if they win they will host Corbin in round 3. I hope the Rebels pull this one out. I will say this Frederick Douglass has the athletes that can go toe to toe with the Boyle athletes. Should be a great game and environment. 

• Like 1

This years game has a lot more on the line for RPI than the other meetings.  Last 2 years Boyle was RPI locked in for the playoffs.  The game Friday will decide pretty much where the Corbin game will be played on November 17th.  High stakes!  Pretty much a playoff game for Boyle and a game that will set both teams up for a post season run.      

No doubt the biggest game in the State next week! 

• Like 4

Finally! Been looking forward to this one! I like my Broncos at home, to have all 3 phases in sync. It's not just bragging rights this year, the RPI implications make this a very important game for FDHS. 

A win here likely prevents a 3rd round trip to Male, and instead sends Bryan Station to the Farm for a 3rd round game.

• Like 3