Boyle County at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates

Boyle County at Frederick Douglass  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya With?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2023 at 11:36 PM

17 hours ago, Rebel said:

Looking through my Gold glasses of course I'm going to pick my Rebels.  I wonder just how much that has affected my decision on this game.  I know Boyle is good but are they that good to knock off a team that won at Trinity on the road?  Last years Frederick Douglas team was the best high school football team I have ever seen in person. Defense, Offense, special teams they had it all and have players playing this Friday night from last year.  

Boyle manhandled Scott County but just how good is Scott County who's only loss was to Boyle?    Are they really a 5A title threat?  How good is LCA?  I know they're 2A but they have played a gauntlet of a schedule with all classes and their only loss was to Boyle.  How good is this Boyle team?

I'm bias as I bleed Black and Gold and will be a #Rebel4Life but I am really shocked to see the pole at 75.82% to 24.18% in favor of Boyle.   First and foremost we need to get through this game injury free.  A win would be better and would give Boyle a 3rd. round home game and even possible a 4th. round home game with Tilghman taking a RPI hit with playing a bottom 1A team.  Franklin County has really tighten up lately on RPI and GRC is a lot lower in RPI points than FD.   All 3 are pretty close now. 

Is it Friday yet?   

I agree, I really thought this was more of a toss-up. I do think BC is better this year than last and FD is not as good, so that may be all the difference there. I had read that 18 players from last years FD team are playing at the next level, but I am sure they reload every year just like Boyle. Should be a good one. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 111 said:

I imagine this game warrants a 7 person officiating crew. Anyone know?  Chippyness could be the order of the day. 

I think the schools (cities) are far enough apart to where there's not much interaction between players for them to build that kind of "bad blood". So I don't think we'll see the chippyness in this game that we saw from the Douglas vs Woodford game from last season. 

I do think the match up of future P5 commits Quisinberry and Brown vs current Big 10 commits Hicks (Northwestern) and Lowe (Michigan) will be real interesting.

• Like 2

As much as I want Douglass to pull this off, I don't think Douglass has enough fire power to keep up with Boyle. Give me Boyle by 17...10 point game and Boyle scores late in the 4th to make it look worse 

On 10/24/2023 at 9:50 PM, Rebel said:

A win would be better and would give Boyle a 3rd. round home game and even possible a 4th. round home game with Tilghman taking a RPI hit with playing a bottom 1A team.  Franklin County has really tighten up lately on RPI and GRC is a lot lower in RPI points than FD.   All 3 are pretty close now. 

Paducah Tilghman dropped from 2nd. to 3rd. last night with only one game in the state as South Warren beat Logan County.  A Boyle win tonight and Corbin will be at home.  They also would pass Paducah Tilghman as 1A Russellville would killed them in RPI points and that would set them up with Franklin County in round 4 with a slight chance it could be at home with a 3rd. round win.  Boyle needs this W tonight along with all teams that Boyle has played this season to also win tonight. Go Rebels!       

2 Franklin County 4A 4 9 - 0     9 1.10509 .54106 .57055 .74732
3 Paducah Tilghman 4A 1 9 - 0     9 1.08840 .57820 .54586 .74707
4 Boyle County 4A 7 9 - 0     9 1.00221 .61785 .57404 .73923