Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ChickenWyngz

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ChickenWyngz

  1. And somehow they kept Randy Bullock over Jake Elliott
  2. This is a solid question. Seems that CovCath, Highlands, Elder, St. X, etc. could each play once every year or so and give a quality game close to home for each of them. Yeah, NKY would take some whippings, but they'd hand a few back too.
  3. Spot on... I still remember the pushback vs Cincinnati's response with the Over the Rhine cleanup. Crazy to watch in my more formative years. Cincinnati offered programs (or said they were going to) to help extend education, find better paying employment, acquire financial literacy skills, etc, but the truth remains that there will always be crime and poverty somewhere. They just moved it to other parts of the Greater Cincinnati area.
  4. You pretty well hit it on the head there. When the school went there, most children had to walk to school, so it was built in the town many lived in. At the time, Price Hill was a thriving and growing part of Cincinnati where wealthy businessmen, etc. could live on the "outskirts" of the city. Since then you have continued to see the urban sprawl take out more and more farmland and the "outskirts" move further and further out. Price Hill was also easily accessible at this time by the cities Incline, which allowed children from other neighborhoods to attend as well. Top that with the well rooted Catholic culture in most of Cincinnati (which still exist today) and it was the perfect place for the school. In the early days of the school, Price Hill was the place to move and also boasted a great city/river view in many parts.
  5. That monster hail! @TheDeuce, remind me when I'm supposed to seek shelter again?
  6. Pretty standard for a day game in April.
  7. Sully is tenured in his current position of teaching. Unless he wants to be in the building with his players (and I'd 100% get that) there would be no reason to leave his teaching position to coach there.
  8. Sadly, I can confirm this lol. When the tornado touched down in CVG last month, I spent the next day saying it would have been great to have a warning. I had no idea that is now the warning lol.
  9. Hmmm.... I guess your point is correct, but I can confirm as recently as last week that when I see the Severe Thunderstorm Warning with the tornado possible tag, I go back to sleep. I always waited for the alarm for a tornado warning. I guess I need to adjust my ways lol.
  10. You'd be shocked and saddened at how little site based councils actually matter in school decisions these days. Most districts have found plenty of work around and the votes are just a formality. They are also usually made up of "yes men/women" these days.
  11. I think that's covered in the quote where he says, "they probably don't have the option to come back"
  12. This is where I'm at. With the portal and NIL rules, I'd hop in every year. Yeah you have coaches like Cal saying they wouldn't be welcomed back, but I bet they would...
  13. Not too worried about the bullpen in that scenario. They're throwing fastballs and just recording outs at that point. Suter there is much different than using him in a tie ballgame.
  14. That should help with the physicality of next years team.
  15. Does D3 still not offer athletic scholarships? May be exactly why if NIL and money was the driving force.
  16. I'm not sure I can go for this one. Campbell County scheduling all 10th region teams shouldn't carry more weight than CovCath scheduling all of the 9th.
  17. Pat Kelsey not being on this list makes it a farce.
  18. I have been, but I might be in the minority on this side. I haven't heard much about it from anyone one way or the other.
  19. Kentucky needs to morph to more of the Ohio or Indiana timeline on seasons. Condense them, less games, and have less overlapping into other sports seasons. This isn't just basketball, but is something that MUST happen.
  20. We're correct, you can't win without talent... but turning around a double digit game in your favor by closing out with a 14-1 run points to doing something right with in-game adjustments.
  21. I don't feel like this is that odd of a situation. Often, I see principals take the team pictures for social media and then let the team and coaches have their time before congratulating them as they exit the field/court. I have no idea if that congrats happened or no,t though.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.