Everything posted by REALSPORT
-
Is the SEC's Dominance in College Ended?
-
Is the SEC's Dominance in College Ended?
For those curious about the numbers. Championships in the 16 years of the BCS era SEC - 8; ACC - 3; Big 12 - 2; Big 10 - 1; Pac 10 - 1 plus a tie in 2003 with LSU and USC Championships in the 10 years of the CFP era SEC - 6; Big 10 - 2; ACC - 2 In the Big 10 and ACC the championships were won by 2 teams in each conference. In the SEC a total of 6 teams won over the past 16 years.
-
BluegrassPreps.com College Football Playoffs Contest Round 3
15 point game - Notre Dame 9 point game - Ohio State
-
Texas 39 Arizona State 31 (2 OT) (2024-25 CFP)
I think the key thing for officials to look for is the launch angle of the defender. If he is launching upward with no attempt to make a play on the ball, and makes contact close to the head/neck, then it's targeting. I think they are looking at the point of contact first when they should be looking at the launch angle first.
-
Notre Dame vs. Georgia Predictions/Updates (2024-25 CFP)
The Domers win by 2 scores. Their defense will make it tough on the new QB for the Dawgs. It's setting up as an all B1G final and SEC homers will advocate for a return to the 2 team, anointed final.
-
Ohio State 41 Oregon 21 (2024-25 CFP)
Correct. When they keep their foot on the gas they are difficult to stop. When they get conservative they are vulnerable.
-
Texas 39 Arizona State 31 (2 OT) (2024-25 CFP)
Not sure of the rule either but I THINK that since it wasn't called on the field the only penalty would have been a disqualification. I don't believe a flag and yardage penalty can be added after the fact. If that is the case then it would not have mattered a great deal in the context of this game.
-
Covington Holy Cross 48 Bishop Brossart 45 (OT)
I agree 100%. I will point out that the Dixie game was their 3rd game in 4 days that week. Fatigue may have played into the result. They led early in that one I believe. The CC game on Saturday will be after 5 days off and should tell us a lot. I noticed the Meyers girl did not play Sunday after barely playing Saturday. Have you heard if there was an injury?
-
Bengals 30 Broncos 24 (OT)
When Taylor trots out the FG kicker on 4th and short, people go nuts. When they go for it on 4th and short and miss, people go nuts. It's just how coaching goes. Regarding the Brown run, it was a simple dive play that he bounced outside. Yes, they could have taken a knee but you can't make calls because you are afraid someone will get hurt. Every second matters and running the ball gave them a better opportunity to get the clock down to seconds left. Also, earlier in that drive Brown went out of bounds. That's on him not Taylor. These guys are pros and need to understand situational football. The coach can't pull them aside every play and explain it.
-
Covington Holy Cross 48 Bishop Brossart 45 (OT)
What was the status of HC players in the Berea game against Brossart? The results of 1 game could be an outlier, the same result in 2 games starts to show a pattern. Maybe Brossart is better than many are giving them credit for?
-
Outside of playoffs, are bowl games dead?
If I see a bowl game on I might watch for a bit. I'm not making plans to watch any that's for sure. As for the portal window, they need to be admitted and enrolled prior to spring semester. I suppose they could push it back a bit, but schools have different semester start times.
-
BluegrassPreps.com College Football Playoffs Contest Round 2
7 point game - Ohio State 5 point game - Texas 3 point game - Notre Dame 1 point game - Penn State
-
Chiefs 29 Steelers 10
It sure is looking like the Chiefs and Ravens in the AFC Championship.
-
Newport Central Catholic 61 Campbell County 59
Mildly shocked by this one. Did Eaglin have 50?
-
North Carolina names Bill Belichick next head coach
Obviously, the deal includes free tuition for his girlfriend. Go Tarheels!
-
Kentucky 78 Colgate 67
The more I see Robinson with the ball, the more I like him. The young man might be making himself a lot of money at the next level by proving he can play the 1. He sees the court really well and seems fearless throwing cross-court.
-
Bengals 27 Cowboys 20
The Fins have 3 games on the road and get SF at home. It's possible. The Colts can lose to anyone at any time. It's possible. The Broncos have the Chargers, Bengals and Chiefs. Possible, but unlikely. The least likely scenario is the hometown guys winning out. But again, with Burrow you never know.
-
Covington Holy Cross 62 Bishop Brossart 31
I think it's a learning experience for Ben as much as it is the players. At a small school especially, you have to adapt to the players you have. It's difficult to run a system when the type of player you have changes year to year. The consistent thing about the Schlarman and Code eras was the in-your-face defense that they played. Sometimes that defense came at the expense of offense, but they were ok with that. Ben seems to want to run an offensive system first. I'm confident he will learn to adapt.
-
2024-25 College Football Playoffs
Any power ranking that has Alabama ahead of Oregon is flawed. I'm not opposed to some type of ranking but the parameters have to make it make sense.
-
Trinity vs. Ryle Predictions/Updates (6A State Championship)
Trinity's O line is huge. They finally got the run game started and that opened up their pass game. The Ryle OB looked confused in the 2nd quarter.
- 2024 Pick 5 Contest: Playoff Edition (Week 5) *10 Bonus Points Available, Tiebreaker, & Early Deadline*
-
Highlands at Cooper Predictions/Updates
Sounds like Coach Borchers and the Jags understand it's a 4 quarter game but some people on here forgot that.
- 2024 Pick 5 Contest: Playoff Edition (Week 4)
-
Covington Catholic at Boyle County Predictions/Updates
I just rewatched. You are correct.
-
Newport Central Catholic at Campbellsville Predictions/Updates
If I hadn't seen it I wouldn't believe it. 27-24 Campbellsville with 12 seconds to go.