Everything posted by HAMMERMAN
-
Officials for Regional Tournaments... Trading Regions
I think they should let the kids call their own. You would get a much better game. The officials calling most of these games are horrible. In the last 20 years the quality of officiating has gone from pretty good to horrible.I remember when Rex Chapman played Henry Clay at Memorial. Kent Wade was one of the officials. I watched that game on tape a few times and I remember saying to a guy with me there wasnt a call missed. The game was called perfect. In the games now the officials dont get 25% of the calls correct and there is no consistency, the majority of these guys have never been on a court and I assume just trying to get a little extra money I guess (maybe a ego boost from being in charge). The games are not even worth watching because the officials ruin it. If I didnt know better I would think they were betting on them. I could even take that over just being horrible.
-
Highlands Offseason Football Thread
Great thread! Shows exactly what this site is. A Highlands chat room. You guys have ran everyone off the site. I dont see any Trinity post anymore or St X. They at least gave the site some Louisville opinion. No Boyle Co. people, I wont re-up my membership when it runs out. All the mods are pro N. Ky. Its to bad this could have been a great way to discuss Ky H.S. Athletics now its nothing but Highlands fans telling everyone my dad can whip yours like a bunch of kids.
-
Rowan County 59 Ashland 56
If the high school officials were any good they would be calling somewhere else. I watched several games this year and didnt see one game,again one game that was even close to being called well. They must get the credentials from a cracker jack box.I was sitting with a KHSAA officials judge courtside at one of the games in a holiday tourny. One official came over during a time out and laughed and he said he was going to T a certain coach up. This was in the 4th quarter, just as he said he would,he did. The call came at a time that completely changed the game and led to a 2 point loss.The coach didnt do anything to deserve the T. I watched the official and the bench after he said that. I couldnt believe it,dont know the guys name but im sure he never played before. He is a short guy with slicked backed, dyed black hair and calls around Lexington.Oh and who asked Trivette to come back,my goodness.
-
The State of Kentucky has 7 players 3-Stars or Better
I agree great player.He should get a four star just because UK offered!
-
Trinity 67 St. Xavier 46
If Trinity wins the state in basketball this year I have a prediction. Within 3 years the public and privates will be split and play for separate state titles. Football has been dominated for so long by the privates it has been over looked. With the basketball its a different story. When you have guys like Hicks leaving Shelby County for T thats not going to stand.Im not saying T is the only one, I think Scott Co. is heads and tails above anyone else in recruiting ,Billy Hicks maybe a good as Calapari but that is a public school and it will be tolerated. Just a prediction. I think every kid Lex Cath had on the team,I know all the starters have been in the catholic system since 1st grade and they still get hammered in public for recruiting.
-
Greg Brohm named Thomas Nelson coach
3 schools in Nelson County wow. Maybe they will ad a new school in Scott County when it becomes as big as Nelson.
-
Highlands Austin Sheehan offered Preferred Walk on by...
That is priceless!!!!! Those were the days!
-
Dennis Johnson
Rebel where have you been? I know the season didnt go as you Boyle Co. boys wanted it but dang dont jump of the BP ship. We need your post to offset some of the Highland fans blather.
-
Dennis Johnson
Coaching middle school football in Lexington at Jessie Clark I believe.
-
Whats wrong with Highlands basketball
Highlands is a football school.The good athletes go the football route instead of basketball,same with Trinity,yes even though they are ranked 1 (New kids came in only take 1 or 2) The BB state powers do the opposite LC, Scott Co Madison Central. If Flynn could get athletes that spend time playing basketball he would win the state every other year.I am no Highlands fan you can see by my post but there is not a better basketball coach in the state,hands down than Flynn. I have watched him for years,excellent excellent bb coach
-
Montgomery County 60 Male 49
This Prewitt boy must be a player.
-
Who Are the Candidates for Mr. Ky Football 2012 season?
The state has bought the Trinity hype. I for one believe they are by far the best team in the state with the best O-Line this year. I think they will be the best next year aswell. That being said Quick had great numbers but is he the only one that could have put those numbers up? Could Timmons or maybe another receiver in the state given that surrounding cast? I think its silly to say Quick walks away with it,but he will. Look at the AP All State team that should tell you its all hype.Wright is a good manager of a team with exceptional talent,he throws a great ball in the flats or 20 yards down the field.Does that make him the best QB? There are guys throughout the state next year that will carry their team on their backs and be in the running for a state championship. The AP will not look in SE KY at any players .The AP guys are Journalist and hanger ons that just want to parrot what the next guy says and go from there because they dont know anything. You cant find 1 voter I will wager that knows diddly squat about football and they are voting on this? AP-4 or more players from Scott Co, are you kidding me? I saw them play. Look at the stats and I bet not 1 are legit HM They played nobody and didnt lead the state stats in anything. Im not knocking the kids at Scott but they dont deserve the award anymore than the other kids across the state because they were Lexingtons media darling. This is a big award and should be taken seriously with a little more insight than just he said she said.
-
AP All-State Team Announced
Skinner Did you see Jeff Canady from Knox or Kyle bolin from Catholic? If not where have you been
-
Lexington Catholic vs. Boyle County Predictions
This is a tough game to pick. I saw the first game and either team could have won it. Thats football though, last 3 LC games starting with Bowlingreen, Boling hasnt had alot of time in the pocket but the running has picked up.Chess match between these 2 excellent coaches. Both teams have had great seasons and will continue an exciting rivalry. My heart and support goes to LC.
-
Eastern / Scott County predictions
Wow Last game was a little closer than what I expected. I hope SC shores it up it would be horrible for them to have a team shut that offense down after having such a good year. Good luck Cardinals.
-
JJ Jude Sets State Rushing Record
First of all any kid that runs for 8000 yards is getting alot of yards against lesser opponents. Essentially the score of these games would have to be 72 to 65 for you to say this record is legit? I think maybe you havnt been close enough to any record to be able to comment on one. Trinity has blown teams out all year,Maybe we should discount every stat that any player has put up after being ahead by 28 points and just take them off the books. Would you be in agreement with that? Even better every team that trinity has played has been a lessor opponent so maybe we should just throw the whole season out.
-
Lexington Catholic/Clay County Predictions
Go Knights
-
Bowling Green 30 Lexington Catholic 12
BG in very very quick and extremely athletic on the defensive side of the ball. They were in LC backfield when Bolin recieved the snap. They came from everywhere,spread the defense out and came through the gaps unmolested every play it seemed. Offensively they are a good team. 3 or 4 3rd and long conversions and a 4th and long led to scores. JH and BG is a pick game to me. I think JH will take away the long conversions they have to much speed in th DB's to let that happen. LC cant cover quick guys and has shown that all year, nothing against the kids they just arnt fast enough. I think the BG JH game can go either way.
-
Bowling Green vs. Lexington Catholic
Im not sure how I feel about this game. I think Catholic had a great game against John Hardin and could have beaten them. I have been told that in several games they have won, they really didnt look that good.The defense is the key for Catholic, if they dont give up the big play its a game, if they do well it may not be a long night for the Knights..Good Luck LC
-
Scott County / Simon Kenton predictions
I would think this would be a big win for Scott Co. I guess my problem with Scott County is when they stopped playing Lex Cath. When my sons played at Catholic in the Sphire era that was a nice game every year. It was an easy travel day for the fans. I just think that game was dropped because Cath won a few years in a row. But the tide can change yearly in High school I dont like seeing a good rival go down the drain. I mean the last few years Boyle has owned Lex Cath until this year, prime example. Call me selfish but I like the games that are within 20 miles. The distance has kept me from seeing several games this year and the past few years and I always looked forward to the Scott Co. games and McKee.
-
Trinity could be on the verge of something really big...
Yes Trinity has a good offense. What Trinty has is a great O line! Wright has 10 sec to throw every play.
-
Scott County / Simon Kenton predictions
Dont say that you will break Jack99 heart..He is at home waiting to find out what BCS bowl the cards are going too.
-
Scott County 41 Bryan Station 13
Yes you are correct. Good luck to Scott County I hope you prove me wrong and go all the way!
-
Scott County 41 Bryan Station 13
Sorry I have seen you play and your not playing anybody. 100 yards passing against defense that cant cover is not an efficient passing game.You have played some middle school teams. Im sorry but lexington is down,way down. Bryan Station is the only team in lex that has anything. Lafayette will play a decent game and then lay an egg.Scott County Has had a good year but to dominate also rans does not make a great team. I do wish you well and hope I am wrong. I just dont see it. Catholic would put up 40 against you. I saw them play John Hardin and if the officials had shown up they would have beat them. You may beat Boyle but Cath? no way. They would get up for that game. Opinions are what make this site what it is and I respect yours.
-
Scott County 41 Bryan Station 13
Thats great Jack. Im Happy for any kids that win. That being said Scott County hasnt played anybody and wont play anybody the rest of the season. Compare your schedule to what Trinity has played John Hardin, Lexington Catholic,Boyle County and the list goes on. You have not played a team that you shouldnt have beat by 30 or 40. Half or more of the teams you have played couldnt win in a JV state tourny. I understand that the kids dont make the schedule and I am not knocking them. They have taken care of business. When you get on here and start talking about how dominate the Cardinals are you need to look at strengh of schedule. I have seen Scott Co play and a team that can pass will cause you serious problems.Your run defense is good,your run game is good,Your passing game is non existant.I do wish you well your a central Ky team. I think when you have the biggest HS in the state you should be able to field a team that can compete every year,we will see what happens.