Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 67 St. Xavier 46

Featured Replies

  • Replies 61
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X played tough but not playing same game as Trinity. Sad thing is Trinity's recent "emphasis" on basketball talent could spell dome for private schools playing in Khsaa... We will see what happens.

SMH....

 

Congrats Rocks....

X played tough but not playing same game as Trinity. Sad thing is Trinity's recent "emphasis" on basketball talent could spell dome for private schools playing in Khsaa... We will see what happens.

 

Congratulations would be fine!

 

Maybe X should have some of their "emphasized" athletes who play football also play on the Bball team?

X played tough but not playing same game as Trinity. Sad thing is Trinity's recent "emphasis" on basketball talent could spell dome for private schools playing in Khsaa... We will see what happens.

 

So we should follow the X formula and strive for also ran status to appease the public schools?

SMH....

 

Congrats Rocks....

 

I'll admit that I had to go to an acronym website. Here are some possibilities:

 

So Much Hate

Shaking My Head

St. Michael's Hospital

Sanitary ManHole

Sydney Morning Herald

Spherical Microwave Holography

Systems Materials Handling

 

My astute guess is that you mean either the first or second option.biggrin.gif

So we should follow the X formula and strive for also ran status to appease the public schools?

 

Yes...that is exactly what we should do. (we need a font for sarcasm)

 

Congrats Rocks!

I'll admit that I had to go to an acronym website. Here are some possibilities:

 

So Much Hate

Shaking My Head

St. Michael's Hospital

Sanitary ManHole

Sydney Morning Herald

Spherical Microwave Holography

Systems Materials Handling

 

My astute guess is that you mean either the first or second option.biggrin.gif

#2....but #4 sounds quite interesting as well.

X played tough but not playing same game as Trinity. Sad thing is Trinity's recent "emphasis" on basketball talent could spell dome for private schools playing in Khsaa... We will see what happens.

Wow. I guess that is why the publics like X better - because they are content to not achieve beyond a certain level? I don't know if I am reading this correctly or not (though I assume "dome" meant "doom"), but are we saying in order to make they teams that are inferior to you happy, a school should water their team down? I remember my coaches always telling me to be the best you can be. I guess I will just remain confused on the issue.

As for comments on the game:

First, thank goodness I was lucky enough to get a ticket - this was only the 4th time I saw T play all season and I missed the first T/X game. The Rocks had spurts where they were just flat playing on a different level. X was tough in the first quarter, but the big T spurt in the second quarter was too much to overcome. I thought both coaches had outstanding games. #41 for X & #22 for T was a great matchup down low. T athleticism was just too much. Both student sections were a hoot to listen to, but some X cheers went over the line especially when it was obvious they were going to lose. I was sincerely surprised that the X administration let it go on. To their credit the T administration circled their student section the entire game (like the Gestapo!) and kept the kids more or less in line. I am sure, however, that T would have responded with equally inappropriate chants had their faculty been as lax as X's.

X was every bit as tough (maybe tougher) than T, but T had a big size advantage with all 3 guards. The game was well officiated as there were a few times when it looked like tempers might flare, but the refs took very good control. X fought hard until it was obvious that it was over and then both coaches emptied their benches.

Best of luck to T in Lexington!

X played tough but not playing same game as Trinity. Sd thing is Trinity's recent "emphasis" on basketball talent could spell dome for private schools playing in Khsaa... We will see what happens.[/QUg boitz/

 

What in God's name are you talking about? Please don't be so cryptic. Say what you mean in clear terms.

I have a real strong feeling we won't be seeing the aforementioned poster any time in the near future.

As for comments on the game:

First, thank goodness I was lucky enough to get a ticket - this was only the 4th time I saw T play all season and I missed the first T/X game. The Rocks had spurts where they were just flat playing on a different level. X was tough in the first quarter, but the big T spurt in the second quarter was too much to overcome. I thought both coaches had outstanding games. #41 for X & #22 for T was a great matchup down low. T athleticism was just too much. Both student sections were a hoot to listen to, but some X cheers went over the line especially when it was obvious they were going to lose. I was sincerely surprised that the X administration let it go on. To their credit the T administration circled their student section the entire game (like the Gestapo!) and kept the kids more or less in line. I am sure, however, that T would have responded with equally inappropriate chants had their faculty been as lax as X's.

X was every bit as tough (maybe tougher) than T, but T had a big size advantage with all 3 guards. The game was well officiated as there were a few times when it looked like tempers might flare, but the refs took very good control. X fought hard until it was obvious that it was over and then both coaches emptied their benches.

Best of luck to T in Lexington!

 

I was more than a little disappointed that the X administration did NOTHING to slow the really out of line cheers from their students. Maybe they think that was appropriate behavior. Congrats to the Trinity team, students and administration for a job well done.

Honestly, I didn't understand most of the chants to begin with. The X students clearly had a lot of information.

Great game Rocks. Congrats and on to RUPP.

 

Thought the X student section crossed the line. Pretty classless attacking a player's "parentage."

Thought they taught and attempted to instill values better than that.

Maybe that is why some of the X students stayed on and cheered for Ballard last week.

 

Good win. Next.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.