Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands Offseason Football Thread

Featured Replies

I know we are not able to preview the next season, but I wanted to start a thread where everyone can discuss various Highlands football issues NOT pertaining to next season.

 

One topic for discussion: will Highlands consider retiring Towles' jersey number?

  • Replies 222
  • Views 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we are not able to preview the next season, but I wanted to start a thread where everyone can discuss various Highlands football issues NOT pertaining to next season.

 

One topic for discussion: will Highlands consider retiring Towles' jersey number?

 

As for the #, I don't know that Highlands retires #'s anymore. If they do, this guy should be right up at the top of the list.

  • Author

I believe Highlands has retired two jersey numbers, those of Marty Moore (43) and John Burt (40).

I was in the gym recently for basketball game and noticed the retired numbers of, I believe, Derek Smith, Jared Lorenzen, Jamie Walz, Tara Boothe, & Scott Draud.

I was in the gym recently for basketball game and noticed the retired numbers of, I believe, Derek Smith, Jared Lorenzen, Jamie Walz, Tara Boothe, & Scott Draud.

 

they retire for basketball, but not for football.

they retire for basketball, but not for football.

 

Marty Moore's jersey was retired in 1998......I think! #43....

  • Author

The jerseys hanging in Highlands' basketball stadium are for the basketball players whose jerseys have been retired, not the football players. I am almost positive that Moore and Burt have had their football jersey numbers retired.

 

Here is another question: is there any chance Collinsworth will remain as an assistant coach next year?

I believe Highlands has retired two jersey numbers, those of Marty Moore (43) and John Burt (40).

 

I believe you are right . My question is what is the criteria for having a number retired at Highlands ? I was thinking if you made the NFL , then it was retired . There have been several players from HHS that have been or are playing in the pros and there numbers have not been retired (yet ?).

 

If this was the case and they would start retiring numbers for all the great players , eventially they would start using 00 and 101 and so forth . Austin Collinsworth was an all american and his number hasn't been retired. How about those players that were voted on Ft. Thomas Living Magazine to be voted "the best of their position " in two different age groups ? Should those numbers also be retired ?

 

In my opinion , I like to see the players wearing jerseys of the great players before them .It brings back fond memories , and reminds me of the ongoing tradition instilled in the minds of the present players . I have seen many of the numbers "handed down " through generations of familys.

 

Patrick Towles is a very special player , but I wouldn't want his number retired . I want to go to next years game and watch a different QB wear number 8 , and at the same time and remember just how great PT was as a Bluebird. Didn't mean to ramble , sorry.

I believe you are right . My question is what is the criteria for having a number retired at Highlands ? I was thinking if you made the NFL , then it was retired . There have been several players from HHS that have been or are playing in the pros and there numbers have not been retired (yet ?).

 

If this was the case and they would start retiring numbers for all the great players , eventially they would start using 00 and 101 and so forth . Austin Collinsworth was an all american and his number hasn't been retired. How about those players that were voted on Ft. Thomas Living Magazine to be voted "the best of their position " in two different age groups ? Should those numbers also be retired ?

 

In my opinion , I like to see the players wearing jerseys of the great players before them .It brings back fond memories , and reminds me of the ongoing tradition instilled in the minds of the present players . I have seen many of the numbers "handed down " through generations of familys.

 

Patrick Towles is a very special player , but I wouldn't want his number retired . I want to go to next years game and watch a different QB wear number 8 , and at the same time and remember just how great PT was as a Bluebird. Didn't mean to ramble , sorry.

 

Lots of teams have jerseys retired but the numbers are still able to be used. I think it would be cool to retire jerseys and have the numbers with the names somewhere in the stadium.

Lots of teams have jerseys retired but the numbers are still able to be used. I think it would be cool to retire jerseys and have the numbers with the names somewhere in the stadium.

 

I think this idea is in the works. Its part of the "Highlands Football Walk of Fame" which will be included in the new Athletic Center Arena when its built. I think this is Phase 23 of the re-build at HHS. I think we are on Phase 3B as we speak........................Might be a few more yrs before we see something like this idea. I like it though.

I think this idea is in the works. Its part of the "Highlands Football Walk of Fame" which will be included in the new Athletic Center Arena when its built. I think this is Phase 23 of the re-build at HHS. I think we are on Phase 3B as we speak........................Might be a few more yrs before we see something like this idea. I like it though.
That sounds so cool!!

 

As for the retiring numbers idea, maybe they could give #8 to the starting QB every year, as a symbol of passing down the tradition.

That sounds so cool!!

 

As for the retiring numbers idea, maybe they could give #8 to the starting QB every year, as a symbol of passing down the tradition.

 

You would have to start by "handing down" Roger Walz' number. (did they HAVE numbers waaaa-y back then?) :lol:

You would have to start by "handing down" Roger Walz' number. (did they HAVE numbers waaaa-y back then?) :lol:
Yes, I think he was number XXVII :cool:

EKU has offered Devon Bruns.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.