Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Texas Leaguer

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Texas Leaguer

  1. Last time I checked, Elijah Pittman put quite the beatdown on him in the State Tournament last year at Rupp and he is still around. At this point I just don't see, as others will agree with me, that Knipp as being the best player in the state. He is one of the best in the state but not THE best. Alot of the time what determines the best player in the state is what kind of offers they are recieving from schools as they get closer and closer to college. For right now, I just don't see it but I've been wrong before.
  2. ^The way it is printed it is a little misleading so I was a little flabberghasted when I saw that stat! :lol: But I understand it now :thumb:
  3. Knipp has been the equivalent of Elliott's team all year from what I have followed of them.
  4. Zollo must have been running the point in the 1st half! :lol:
  5. Would this be an upset this year? I know Elliott lost alot from the past year and I'm unfamiliar with the district other than the fact I know they comprise of Elliott, West Carter, Easter Carter, among other teams.
  6. Lowering the boom for sure on Bourbon...
  7. I'm not a 100% sure on his record but I can try to dig it up for you. However, Sowder has done a great job and has proven he is one of the top pitchers in the region by far. His only loss last season, if I remember correctly, was to Harrison in the regional finals and he did a great job on them for most of the game. Sowder is really #2 IMO behind Dailey but thats just my opinion.
  8. In all honesty, I'd imagine they would rather win the 10th Region tournament as that is the one they have to win in order to make it to Rupp down the road 2-3 years from now. I understand they are more familiar with the kids in the NKY tournament and that may make it a little more special to them, however, I'd think most would have them win the 10th because those are the players and teams they will have to beat to win the Region as they mature...
  9. Scott has won handily both times and thus I don't expect anything different in this one until proven otherwise. Eagles by 13. Scott 68 Campbell County 55
  10. I'd change the class system and switch from the 6 class system back to the 4 class one. The competition is too watered down with the increase in classes and thus we won't see as many interesting games. Less classes = more competition = better games.
  11. Look at the date of the post. At that current time, Scott and Campbell County had yet to play. Since then, we know how it has played out.
  12. In all honesty, I really don't think there is one. Holmes has hardly been dominate over 9th region teams his year. I think Newport, NCC, Holmes, Boone County, Highlands (among others) all have viable shots at winning it.
  13. At this point, I really doubt that Holmes makes it out of Region this year.
  14. Scott's starting 5 is very solid from top to bottom, but they don't have much depth beyond that. So if they get into foul trouble and have to go to the bench, they may struggle a bit. So from the sounds of this game, it appears Scott did get into foul trouble and that was their undoing. Congrats GRC! P.S. Sunrise, you might tell your boys to give us a game or two occassionally :lol: Can't have a rivalry if we don't win one, even if its close! Same way for the other sports too like Baseball. We always play GRC close but are never able to get over the top.
  15. Wow... Anyone know what specific schools Tibbs is looking at?
  16. Anybody know who is interested in his services?
  17. This will be similar to the games like last year when Boone played stall ball for the entirety of both games...
  18. Nothing really. You are what you are... a walk-on.
  19. Zach Sowder (Scott) commited to play for Georgetown for Football but it appears he will be joining the baseball team down there as well...
  20. Meyerhoff knows how to work with what he's got and this year will be no exception. If you ever get a chance to talk with the man, you should take it. A great guy on and off the field. He probably had the biggest influence on my son of any coach when he played with the Lions. Knows the game really well and emphasizes fundamentals. Beechwood should be just fine this year...
  21. Yes they did but if you look at their overall schedule and see how they have faired, I think most people would be disappointed with them. However, its easy to say that as I know they are still in the running to compete for a State Title.
  22. I don't think Holmes will really ever get it going this year. They have been a real disappoint to me thus far.
  23. The next practice is most likely going on right now after Scott's performance against Holmes tonight if I know Coach Carr...
  24. I bet Coach Carr was out for blood from halftime on out. I won't be a surprised a bit if he held them after the game for a practice at Scott (once they got back from Holmes) the way they played tonight.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.