Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Timmy Knipp Dunk

Featured Replies

Good stuff....nice 1st step off dribble, aggressive taking it to the rim, and nice double clutch dunk finish. A lot to like.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule 13

Yea some good dunks for sure from both players Timmy throwing it down on them players. Now them are some dunks. Jackson from Lafayette is pretty impressive to. Anybody have any stats on Jackson? Seems like Lafayette is having a pretty good year to. Good luck to both kids for sure.

Its amazing at how common dunking is becoming at the high school level. I remember when I was in school (80's) if you had a kid on your team that could dunk it was a big deal. Now we have middle school and freshman kids dunking. The athleticism of these kids today is unbelievable.:notworthy:

Its amazing at how common dunking is becoming at the high school level. I remember when I was in school (80's) if you had a kid on your team that could dunk it was a big deal. Now we have middle school and freshman kids dunking. The athleticism of these kids today is unbelievable.:notworthy:

 

Good point...dunkers in the mountains in the early- to mid-90s were like a freak show or something.

 

I was happy that I could consistently get the ball over the front of the rim and then "break" the rim down to make a big noise :lol:

 

Now, we have kids doing a slam dunk contest in warmups...

It seems kids are taller than they were back in the 50" and 60". I know back in the 50's ,I played center on our team at 6'1" and for the exception of 2 schools on our schedule , I was as big as any. I watched a high school team warm up last week and they had 7 kids that could dunk and dunk easily but they were all over 6'2". But there's one thing I have found out about dunking, every kid that dunks can't play.

I was at the game and saw the Timmy Knipp dunk this past week and it was impressive. Timmy is a nice ball player and is a good kid. Wish him the best.:taz:

Back in the day, we always had to use a mini trampoline to dunk. Times have changed for sure. Dicky Beal was one of the few that could "throw it down", and he was a little guy.

Its amazing at how common dunking is becoming at the high school level. I remember when I was in school (80's) if you had a kid on your team that could dunk it was a big deal. Now we have middle school and freshman kids dunking. The athleticism of these kids today is unbelievable.:notworthy:

It is also amazing to me how many of these kids who can dunk, can not shoot the basketball because dunking is all they practice.

Highlights from Elliott county junior Timmy Knipp. More season highlights to come.

 

Lynn Camp dunk

Here is a video of 8th grader Shane Hall dunking in warmups for Johnson Central. The quality is not that good. He is 6'5".

How many good mid-range shooters have you seen this year? It seems it's either a dunk or a three.

Awesome guys keep the videos coming. Quality good enough to tell that its a good dunk. I like to check out all the players around the state. Some good 8th graders. That is true have not seen many if any mid range shooters this year.

If Timmy has a big summer I think he will move up into the conversation with the high D-1 schools, he is a great talent doing things at his size that are unreal!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.