Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Timmy Knipp Dunk

Featured Replies

6'7 Junior and 35 points a game should have his name being mentioned at some big schools already I would think.

:thumb:

6'7 Junior and 35 points a game should have his name being mentioned at some big schools already I would think.

Both kids are very athletic. Knipp is impressive, lanky but also very athletic. I like the double clutch and still a flush. Most impressive thing though was the first step beating the guy baseline. At 6'7 if he can continue to do that and also knock down the 3 ball he will be a Div 1 talent.

 

Davis is just a freak. 6'7 at 14 yrs old, wow. Jonathan Davis, his pops, is 6'10 I beleive and was part of that early 90's kid n play haircut group at UK. If that kid gets to 6'10 in HS he will be a major Div 1 prospect.

I'm totally with you, in my book he is already a "high" D-1 prospect but for whatever reason it seems people are slow to give him that credit or recognition! Many people I feel have bias towards eastern Kentucky basketball and want to find anything and everything to pick at Timmy about. Fact is he is the state's number 1 player and I'm glad to see people are finally (slowly) giving him the deserved credit for the talent he is!

Looks like the Kids have GAME!!!:dancingpa

I'm totally with you, in my book he is already a "high" D-1 prospect but for whatever reason it seems people are slow to give him that credit or recognition! Many people I feel have bias towards eastern Kentucky basketball and want to find anything and everything to pick at Timmy about. Fact is he is the state's number 1 player and I'm glad to see people are finally (slowly) giving him the deserved credit for the talent he is!

 

I saw Knipp last year at the Sweet 16. At first I thought that he was lethargic, but then I realized that he moves at a smooth pace. He was a big part of their win v. Shelby Valley. I didn't realize that he could jump as well as he does as he mostly either posted or shot from a standing position. I would like to see his release get a little quicker, but other than that he looks like he really has improved his all-around game.

6'7 Junior and 35 points a game should have his name being mentioned at some big schools already I would think.

 

Can he defend on the wing? I doubt he gets many opportunities to do so, especially playing in the 16th. At 6'7, he could score 50 points a game and it wouldn't matter one bit to any "big schools" if he can't defend. While 6'7 sounds big to you or me, in D-I college that's standard size for shooting guards and small forwards.

 

I don't know that he can't, just that in the half-dozen times I've seen him play, he wasn't asked to step out and defend on the wing (which is understandable).

Can he defend on the wing? I doubt he gets many opportunities to do so, especially playing in the 16th. At 6'7, he could score 50 points a game and it wouldn't matter one bit to any "big schools" if he can't defend. While 6'7 sounds big to you or me, in D-I college that's standard size for shooting guards and small forwards.

 

I don't know that he can't, just that in the half-dozen times I've seen him play, he wasn't asked to step out and defend on the wing (which is understandable).

 

I wonder about that as well. He has pretty good athleticism but I wonder about his speed. He really isn't challenged too often in a 1 on 1 matchup in EKY so it's difficult to get a read on it. But I think if the kid would just realize how much potential he has it would go along way for him. He's averaging a ton of points and still has alot of room for improvement. I want to see him become a little more efficient on the offensive end. With some polish on his game I don't know if EC would be beat in EKY:thumb:.

I thought Colt Barnhills dunk over Timmy at Elliot was just as nice of a dunk.

Timmy has sufficient speed for the next level in my opinion. What he needs to work on is just polishing his game, for example having a strong jump stop before shooting in the paint. Sometimes he gets hurried and is off balance in the lane and that contributes to the misses he has for the most part. Saying that though I think the kid has had a great season for going from a fifth option to the number one option along with scoring off the dribble.

Timmy Knipp scored 45 points in 62nd district tourney tonight against West Carter. Congrats to Timmy and the Lions in advancing one step closer to 16th Region action.:clap:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.