Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Canes5Bluedevil

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Canes5Bluedevil

  1. It is mere speculation all the way around as to what the future holds for Nathan Davis from Grant County. If you choose to focus on facts, then note he has started on the varsity level since his fresman season. The combination of arm strength and football IQ is off the chart for a kid who will be a junior. If he lands at a program that traditionally runs, runs, runs, and runs some more then his arrival would prompt a deviation in the offensive scheme of things. He is that solid period!!!
  2. Guys, the personnel returning on the offensive side of the ball WILL NOT be able to run the type of offense that was ran at Washington County last year period! There will have to be a plan B offense that will become plan A immediately. Unless a triggerman enrolls at Grant County between now and opening kickoff 2011, that type of offense will not be successful against air!!!
  3. I think long time Warren Central football coach Joe P. Hood should be in there. He coached at Butler High School prior to coming to Bowling Green, Kentucky to put Warren Central on the state high-school football map.
  4. The best athlete was Antonio Andrews The best football player was Austin Collinsworth
  5. I would have to mention Coach Joe Hood, who coached at Louisville Butler and then came to Warren Central and put the program at Warren Central on the KHSAA radar map. At that time when there were only 4 football classes, when it came to 4A ball, the big 3 from Louisville (Trinity, St. X, Male) were all that were in the discussion year in and year out. Coach Hood created a rough, hard nosed environment in Bowling Green and the feeder system grew and the success stories grew as the program took its place among the elite in Class 4A during the late 1980's going into the 90's.
  6. I played for coaches on both sides of the ball in this contest while at Warren Central. While being a true fan of high school football, I am just glad to see this rivalry game regain some luster that has people in Northern Kentucky, Central Kentucky and even over in Eastern Kentucky talking about. It is a true indication to the impact of the coaching tree of Joe Hood. It is long time assistant running the show in Glasgow and his nephew calling the shots in Scottsville. Makes me proud to say I know all parties involved and wish both teams success on the season regardless of what happens out there tonight.
  7. Who all is playing who tomorrow?
  8. I think a good place to start would be with the former Mr. Football's because missing from the lists I saw were two former UK Wildcats: 1989 Mr. Football, Robert "Pookie"Jones, Calloway County 1990 Mr. Football, Damon Hood, Warren Central
  9. Which teams are going to be participating in this scrimmage this coming weekend?
  10. New Castle is one of those communities that is small and produces some good quality talent. Now that the basketball coach has moved onto Oldham County, maybe this basketball coach can work with the football coach and the both of them can provide support to players who are talented enough to play both sports, but in the past that may have been discouraged because of the coaches. I hate seeing kids that are talented enough to help both programs but sometimes are put in the crossfire and made to choose due to coaches. I know there are some studs on the football field that could definitely boost the inside presence, and outside quickness on the basketball court. It will be interesting to see if they somehow can make this work there with new blood coming in from the outside to lead the basketball program.
  11. I have not seen or heard of this taking place anywhere in the central Kentucky area.
  12. Wow, that is amazing and sets the stage up for an all or nothing game three.
  13. I played for Coach Flynn during his time in Bowling Green at Warren Central. While we never won a regional title under his leadership, we were very competitive in a very difficult district that included Warren East, Bowling Green and Franklin-Simpson at that particular time. Warren East was led by Tommy Compton and won two 4th region titles and Bowling Green was led by Ernie Simpson and they won another regional title. He is an excellent X's and O's coach and will push the players both on and off the court. He is a stand up guy, and if you mess up in school, YOU WILL NOT PLAY NO MATTER IF YOUR PARENTS ARE BIG BOOSTERS OR THE SON IS ALL-STATE PLAYER IN THE MAKING!!! Please believe that and best of luck to Mike and Highlands Basketball.
  14. Congratulations to Grant County in winning this championship.
  15. I played for the ole ball coach at Warren Central and his love for each individual player, pride in the installation of the fundamentals of smash mouth football is absolutely unparalled. He made each player want to run through a brick wall for him and his talents will be greatly appreciated in Scottsville. He is a perfect mentor and will help his nephew's program greatly. Best of Luck to them this coming season.
  16. In the 8th region, there are quite a few good men like the following: Cedric Coleman, Manny Gonzalez, Terry Coldiron, Marcus Camacho, Lynn Gritton, Hilton Isable, Michael Rash, Jerry Mulberry
  17. Coach Frye and Coach Howard have an excellent team over there and will be fine as the season goes on.
  18. Cedric Gumm and Rico Banks from Warren Central......Gumm went on to play at Murray State and Banks went on to play at Oakland City Community College.
  19. I played for him under Coach Hood at Warren Central. He is an excellent ball coach, motivater, and will have an excellent chance to do good things at a school and community that historically has produced talent year after year.
  20. I agree with some of the last threads, even though Corbin was across the state from me growing up in Bowling Green and playing for Warren Central. I knew of the "studs" that Corbin had back in the early 90's. I remember watching Brent Canady compete for a state championship, just like myself. Having known Brent personally, I would put everyone on notice to some relatives of his that will be coming up through the Corbin program. I think they are his nephews of his and based on tape that I saw of them, I'd be surprised if you all have a future Mr. Football on your hands. I now coach at a school in a small community and we would be so much better if we could get some players to play multi-sports. So I understand the viewpoints as a former 3 sport letterman in high-school, 2 sport letterman in college, and as high-school coach now.
  21. Sorry to hear this coach was let go, I ref'd his team this past year when they came into the 8th region to play. His team was well coached and played hard. Best of luck to him in the future.
  22. Where is Nancy Ryan going? What is she doing now? She is the standard for athletic directors in the 8th Region and ALWAYS made trips to Walton enjoyable for me as an official in basketball and baseball.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.