Everything posted by devils advocate
-
Owensboro 49 Daviess County 21
There are some fans in Owensboro who believe Board may have been the best back on the team last year. He ran up and down the field in the Hopkinsville scrimmage last year. But then,for whatever reason,wasn't given very many chances to prove himself in the regular season. He's a nice looking running back thgh. As far as the game goes. It kinda went like I thought. The Red Devils broke a few big plays that just took the fight out of Daviess Co. in the 2nd half.
-
5A Owensboro @ 6A Daviess County/ Predictions
This game will come down to what it normally does. Can Daviess Co. contain Owensboro's speed. Many years the Panthers have come in to this game flying high. Only to have Owensboro break a long run and heads start to hang. Almost like "Here we go again!" Do the Panthers truly believe they can win this year?!?! Should be a good one. I like the Red Devils 35-17.
- NCAA Division I FBS Players From Kentucky High Schools
-
NCAA Division I FBS Players From Kentucky High Schools
Madisonville has had around 4 kids that went D1 in the last 4-5 years. One I think went to Ball State. One went to Michigan. And another one went to a service academy. They also had a kid signed by WKU last year. As well as Blake Boyd who signed with Louisville then transferred to WKU in the early 2000's.
-
Is the GCL the best high school conference in America?
Yes the GCL is one of probably the five best conferences in the country 9 out of 10 years. Check their record against other states teams threw the years. It is an absolute grind!
-
Bowling Green 17 Owensboro 14
I predicted a 21-14 BG win before the game. And it played out about how I thought. I was really convinced OHS had improved on defense from last year. And it showed tonight. Unfortunately right now they miss Locher(QB) & Collier(WR) from last year on offense. I,as most do,expect these two to meet again in the playoffs. If both teams are as healthy as tonight,and the game is at Rash Stadium, I like Owensboro 28-17.
-
PurpleHaze Western Kentucky Game of the Week: Owensboro (3-0) vs. Bowling Green (2-1
Owensboro returned 9 starters on the defense. I think they're much better against the run this year. I did think Owensboro Catholic exposed their safety's a little in the pass game. Haven't seen Bowling Green this year but if the Red Devils can stop the run(They couldn't last year against BG.) I think this one will be close 21-14 Purples.
-
Owensboro 35 Owensboro Catholic 28
Pre-season concerns about Owensboro's back end on D reared their head against Owensboro Catholic. Red Devils have to get that fixed before playing the Purples.
-
Owensboro 36 Madisonville-North Hopkins 0
First time seeing the Owensboro Red Devils tonight and I was pretty impressed considering the changes within the program. I thght the defense was stout in the front 7. Although I do have to say, IMO, Madisonvilles offense wasn't very good. The Maroons skill kids were nowhere near what they've been the last 5-6 years. On a positive note for Madisonville their defense wasn't just terrible. They had some pretty big physical kids along their D-line. Anyway Owensboro's offense was solid. I like the offense and the things they're trying to do. The QB Gross is going to get better the more he plays. (He looked great tonight.) And the RB's are a really nice tandem. Owensboro probably needs to develope a little more of a down field passing game to loosen up the "D" thgh. 95% of the passes were screens or passes to the flats. Oh and it is of the utmost importance Owensboro improve's their kicking game. That could be the difference in a win & a loss in a close game. There was a missed XP,a blocked FG,& a missed FG that hit the goal post. Overall it was a pretty good showing for the Red Devils thgh and I'm looking fwd to the upcoming games.
-
Justin Miller Withdraws From Kentucky Wesleyan
Justin Miller dropped a ton of weight this summer. I mean he physically looked like a totally different player from the state championship game. I think you combine that with the fact the other Owensboro area kids seem to be headed to D1 schools and Miller wanted to see what he could do at the highest level. I personally think KWC was a great fit for him and he would've been a D2 AA level player eventually. (And it's messed up he left the Panthers in a bad position roster wise.). Anyway I hope Miller lands where he can be successful.
-
3rd region
Owensboro will be better then folks think this season but should be the regional fav in 2016-2017.
-
3rd region
Stewart Currie & Jacoby Harris(Owensboro) will probably be the top players in the region. Cameron O'bryan(O'boro Catholic) too.
-
Pure Prospects Top 33 2017 Class
Jacoby Harris-(PG)Owensboro
-
Eli Wright - Apollo (2016)
Mmmm! If Wright & Young leave Apollo the 9th District/3rd Region will be wide open!
-
Eli Wright - Apollo (2016)
Uh oh
-
Greatest High School Football Players You Played On The Field With
Miguel Merriett-(RB/LB/WR;Hop-Twn) Athlete that played all over the field. Went to Alabama after playing Juco ball. Chad Spencer-(WR/TE;Franklin Simpson) Big Receiver that ended up on the All SEC FR team at UK. Antwan Floyd(RB;Apollo) Big strong RB that was recovering from a torn ACL. Had he not been injured he was a major recruit IMO. Ended up at WKU where he set the one time rushing record. Deontae Kenner-(QB;Hop-Twn) Long athlete with a strong arm. Ended up being one of the best QB's to ever play at the University of Cincinnati. Tyrone Hopson-(OL/DL;Daviess Co.) Big lineman that was a load on both sides of the ball. Went to EKU(I-AA All American) then the NFL .
-
JaQualis Matlock Commits To
Good luck to Mr. Matlock. If he gets in there and works on his grades & perimeter skills he'll play D1 ball.
-
The Top Five Gameday Stadiums In Kentucky
Owensboro's Rash Stadium. It combines the old(brick/concrete stands on home and visitor side. With brick/concrete wall around half the stadium.) while also incorporating the new(Field turf). Field has no track around it either so you're right on top of the field. They need to bring back the red & black shack(concession stand) near the north end zone to help with the refreshment lines.
-
The Ten Best Uniforms In Kentucky High School Football
I really like those Frankfort all blue uni's.
-
The Ten Best Uniforms In Kentucky High School Football
I liked Bowling Greens uni's from the early to mid 90's. Always reminded me of the fighting Irish.
-
Indiana All Stars 88 Kentucky All Stars 77
The games can't be played at the Yum or Rupp because of an NCAA rule.
-
Indiana All Stars 88 Kentucky All Stars 77
I didn't get to see the 2nd game but Miller had 4 assists in the 1st game. When they used him in the high low it worked great. He's an above average passer.
-
KY/IN All-Star game....
Will it be live online?
-
Ballard & Fern Creek do well in Cincy on Sat
I heard a group of kids from Owensboro was in Cincy playing over the wkend. Anybody know if they were at this same event?
-
Mr Basketball?
Why didn't Justice play with the KY JR All Stars?!?!