Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PurpleHaze Western Kentucky Game of the Week: Owensboro (3-0) vs. Bowling Green (2-1

Who wins this contest? 34 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this contest?

    • Bowling Green
      88%
    • Owensboro
      11%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This is the Inaugural PurpleHaze Western Kentucky Game of the Week! The Owensboro Red Devils, undefeated on the season, travel down the Old Green River Parkway to take on rival Bowling Green. Who wins this 5A West battle and why?

I'm a huge Owensboro fan so as much as it pains me to say it, I think Bowling Green continues the W streak vs the Devils this week. I think OHS has the tools but still lacks the execution at this point in the season. Still never know until the buzzer sounds so we shall see.

  • Author
I'm a huge Owensboro fan so as much as it pains me to say it, I think Bowling Green continues the W streak vs the Devils this week. I think OHS has the tools but still lacks the execution at this point in the season. Still never know until the buzzer sounds so we shall see.
Congrats on your first post JCrowe! And welcome to BGP!

This is going to be a great game! I cant wait!

Purples should be OK. Last time BG got kicked in the gut like they did last week, my kids were not even born! Although it hurt to watch last Friday it could be great motivation for the kids.

 

Everyone knew (I said before season, that if you beat them it better be this year) that they probably wasn't going to run the table.

 

Hang on to the ball, shore up special teams and they will be OK. Although it is now apparent they are "beatable" no coach wants to align their team up against them come November.

 

Purples play angry Friday night. 35 to 14 over the Red Devils.

How much different is Owensboro from last season to this one? They are top 3 in 5A so I imagine they are a lot like last year's team. Is that safe to assume?

Pride. Red Devils are good again. New QB, but 0 losses is hard to overlook. Opponents so far has been lacking but their confidence is high. They had the Purples last year until Carruthers opened up a can of Barry Sanders on them. Make no mistake, no one Devils want to beat more is BG. Should be another great game and great atmosphere.

If only our boys were off this week...I would love to watch this game!!!

OHS has to play error free to have a chance. They had a ton of penalties last week and I think 5 turnovers and still won. That can't happen this week. I think these 2 meet again, but hopefully at Rash. OHS returns a ton of starters and skill players. Greer has moved from primarily a guard to full time Def Line. I think this will be more of a defensive battle than some think. I'm not sure if James is hurt or not for

OHS. Should be a great game. Didn't BG lose a lot?

 

If the QB plays a decent game and hits some deep passes, OHS can win this game.

I honestly don't get the hype around Owensboro. I guess it really doesn't matter since BG and Owensboro play this week, but I watched Owensboro play against Warren Central and I was not impressed. I just didn't think they look very good. BG should have no problem with them if BG plays well.

You didn't watch BG play last week against St X. This will be a tight one!

Actually was I at the St. X/BG. And I have seen Owensboro play. Which is why I am dumbfounded Owensboro is ranked above BG and Highlands. But I guess we will see Friday night. Owensboro is not St. X. BG by 17.

Owensboro returned 9 starters on the defense. I think they're much better against the run this year. I did think Owensboro Catholic exposed their safety's a little in the pass game. Haven't seen Bowling Green this year but if the Red Devils can stop the run(They couldn't last year against BG.) I think this one will be close 21-14 Purples.

Right now, Owensboro is their own worst enemy. The Devils keep having untimely penalties and turnovers. I think Bowling Green wins this game, but the outcome could come down to the turnover battle. BG was plagued against St. X with some costly turnovers and the Tigers made them pay. OHS probably should've lost against OCath because of the turnovers, but the Aces just weren't talented enough to make OHS pay for their mistakes. I think both teams will play hard and with a lot of fire. BG will be looking to show they haven't lost their swag, and OHS is flat tired of losing to BG. In the end, I think the Purples win at home, but this is the first of 2 games these teams will play this year.

 

Bowling Green 42,

Owensboro 21

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.