Owensboro 35 Owensboro Catholic 28

Randy Parker

OHS had way to many turnovers tonight,it will get you beat most of the time.I think the team took a step back tonight.The Gross kid i am not impressed at all,QB is everything to an offence.They better get it together they team are going to be facing a angry BG team next week.

4 fumbles by OHS, many chances squandered. QB waiting too long to throw bombs cost 3 more TD's gotta get rid of it. James was hurt in 1st half he played mostly defense in 2nd. Number 10 Tinsley carted off hope he is alright. On the Catholic side great effort they made it a great game. Way too many penalties on OHS. Board looked good in relief of James. Owensboro didn't blitz enough IMO. I'm surprised how well catholic played. Nice team

I was quite impressed with OC effort. I think their D played a very good game. THey had very poor field position all night and 2 poor special teams play. I saw OHS aid the runner on one play and a Catholic Defender tackled him and they called aiding the runner and unsportsmanlike on the defender for tackling him. OC was up 14-0 on that and it was 3rd down. That could of pinned OHS back, but the refs helped them out again. If OC goes up 21-0 they would of taken the wind out of OHS.

IF teams make OHS throw like OC did. OHS will struggle.

Homers show Board with 120 yds and 2 TD's...nice game, great yds for 2nd stringer on limited carries. I loved some of the pass plays, Gardner with a nice catch and run for a TD. Have to cut out penalties...way too many for OHS

Gross 12-16 for 132 1 TD and 1 int

I guess I'm too hard on gross but 3 of his misses should have been TD's. He waited too long on each one. One was barely tipped away in the end zone, another was barely tipped away and behind the defense, and the 3rd was intercepted win the end zone when the WR had them beat and thrown late. QB needs to take off running more.

OHS stuffed the run most of the night except when Zuber got loose a time or 2...

Zuber looked good for Ocath, Boarman with some great hits.

This was a much better game than most expected and a fantastic one to call. I expected an Edge coached team to come out and play much more focused after a tough loss a week ago. Catholic was locked in from the opening kick. The Aces game plan worked well and their quick passes were able to slow down that OHS front 7 a little bit. As good as their offense was most of the way, you cant say enough about their defense. John Mark Boarman and Nick Blair had HUGE games for the Aces. I didnt think there was any chance OC could slow down the Devils run game, but they did a pretty good job. Boarman was a man possessed. I dont know how many tackles he ended up with but it was a lot. His strip sack, fumble recovery late in the 4th to give Catholic a shot to tie was the most impressive play ive seen all season.

On the OHS side, Jalil Barrett is a jack of all trades and he is pretty good at all of them. He made great tackles and had a big INT on defense, made some nice plays on offense and broke the game open on special teams. His 2nd return touchdown was the play you have to look back on with regret if you are Owensboro Catholic. I think the kicker tried to kick it away from him, but a series of bad bounces and a heads up play by the up man for Owensboro, put the ball right in Barretts hands. That was a back breaker after a big score for Catholic, just before half. After TJ James went down to injury, i thought Board did a great job for the Devils, single handedly leading a touchdown drive in the 3rd quarter. Lastly, TJ James stepped up huge on the Aces last offensive series of the night. Zuberer had Weston Jacob in the back of the endzone but James made a great play to break up what could have been the game tying TD. A few plays later, James broke Aces fans hearts when he picked off a ball intended for Shamari Morton to pretty much seal the win for OHS.

OHS did not look real sharp in this one at times. They will need to remedy that quickly as they head to Bowling Green next week. I still think the Devils have the tools to be one of the states best teams. As for Catholic, these two losses in a row are going to do nothing but give Coach Edge some things to work on as the Aces go forward. I think losses like this week and last will go a long way in making Catholic better.

This was a fantastic game. Ray Zuberer played as well as I've ever seen him play. The kid took some big shot but kept dropping precision passes time after time. The offensive line for OCath held up much better than any one of us could've predicted. On defense, John Mark Boarman was a man possessed. Not only does he make seemingly every tackle, but he does it in textbook fashion. If OCath can play at this level, they'll have a shot vs Murray and Mayfield. Yes, OCath dropped a few passes but when you throw the ball 48 times in the game, that's gonna happen. All in all, there is no way any Aces fan could be disappointed.

OHS used their team speed and overall talent to get the job done. As Apollofan98 said, Jahlil Barret was the jack of all trades. The kid is 5-6 at best but plays much bigger with his speed and heart.

OHS has to find a way to quit getting silly penalties and be sharper in their execution. OHS qb Zach Gross completed most of his passes but missed the big play passes that could've blown this open. I do have full faith in Gross. Most folks don't know he banged his hand up pretty good against Madisonville and it's still healing. He's struggling to throw the deep ball right now because of but he'll be fine going forward.

OHS has all the tools to make a run deep in the playoffs. Win or lose next week, they'll find out where they are against BG. I think when OHS puts it together, they are going to be special. It just may take till playoff time to see it.

I thought OC looked like a totally different team than against Daviess Co. Their defense made enough plays to win this game and so did the offense. Give credit to OHS defense for making stops at the end but Catholic's kicking game is awful. I'm pretty sure if Catholic had any sort of a kicking game they would be 3-0 instead of 1-2.