Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana All Stars 88 Kentucky All Stars 77

Featured Replies

Final from Indy.

 

Holman led KY with 21 & 8.

Sutton 13 & 9

Bolden 12 & 4

Spalding 11 & 5

Perry 9 pts

Sounds like they really needed a shooter like Justice or Hagen Tyler

  • Author

6,533 in attendance tonight...largest crowd in 10 years.

 

Not that it matters, but Bolden finished with 14, not 12.

  • Author
Sounds like they really needed a shooter like Justice or Hagen Tyler

 

Kentucky badly missed having no knock down shooters . Bolden and Perry can be streaky from outside, along with Woods, but having Justice to just spot up and shoot would have really helped.

 

And while this may not be popular amongst some on here...give me Drew Mcdonald in this game over Miller all day. I hate to bash the kid but he needs to learn the art of passing before he gets to the next level. Did some really nice things but was also very easy to defend once Indiana realized if he touched the ball he wasn't giving it up, so just double and put bodies in him.

 

Was also disappointed to see Spalding not play more. He was pretty good when he was actually on the floor by himseld.

 

Holman did it all both inside and out. Nice bounce back after a rough showing last night.

 

As much as I wanted to see those two play together, they really do play much better without one another on the floor at the same time.

 

Hopefully the current juniors can end the streak next year. Kentucky definitely had the team to this year but simply couldn't get it done.

  • Author

Kentucky – Bolden 14, Woods 0, Hall 2, Sutton 13, Holman 21, Perry 9, Simmons 4, Patterson 0, Spalding 10, Miller 4. Totals: 26 21-30 77.

 

Indiana – Okafor 5, Cline 11, Sanford 6, Holba 16, Teague 8, Brown 0, Cannady 17, Walton 9, McDermott 0, Welage 8, Smits 8. Totals: 28 25-33 88.

 

Halftime: Kentucky 33-32. 3-point goals: Kentucky 4 (Holman 2, Bolden, Perry), Indiana 7 (Cline 3, Cannady 3, Sanford).

I didn't get to see the 2nd game but Miller had 4 assists in the 1st game. When they used him in the high low it worked great. He's an above average passer.

  • Author
I didn't get to see the 2nd game but Miller had 4 assists in the 1st game. When they used him in the high low it worked great. He's an above average passer.

 

I saw him both games and I'm still taking Drew Mcdonald all day. Better passer, better low post game, and stretches the defense more with his shooting ability. Miller isn't a jump shooter and too often he tried to be one.

 

I also think Hagen Tyler should have been on the team..

 

Kentucky is going to continue to lose these games if they don't put the best players on the team.

The team could have used McDonald and Miller. And Hagen and Jeremiah Bell as well. And Justice.

One of the cost savings moves they made this year was to eliminate tryouts. I am not sure who was on the selection committee, but there were some interesting choices made.

 

I worry that this series cannot be salvaged, which is too bad because I have been enjoying it since the 1970's. It has become one-sided in Indiana's favor. I thought Kentucky had a decent shot this year, but when you play without some of your best players and have no real practices before the games, the task becomes even more difficult. I know Indiana was without some of its players, but they were practicing and scrimmaging all week.

 

But the real killer is the attendance when the game is in Kentucky. This year, substantially fewer than 1000 people attended the game in Lexington Friday night. They have moved the game around to different locations, but things continue to get worse. Perhaps moving it closer to the end of basketball season will help, but I'm not sure that will make much difference. I hope the series continues, but I don't have much hope.

Kentucky – Bolden 14, Woods 0, Hall 2, Sutton 13, Holman 21, Perry 9, Simmons 4, Patterson 0, Spalding 10, Miller 4. Totals: 26 21-30 77.

 

Indiana – Okafor 5, Cline 11, Sanford 6, Holba 16, Teague 8, Brown 0, Cannady 17, Walton 9, McDermott 0, Welage 8, Smits 8. Totals: 28 25-33 88.

 

Halftime: Kentucky 33-32. 3-point goals: Kentucky 4 (Holman 2, Bolden, Perry), Indiana 7 (Cline 3, Cannady 3, Sanford).

 

Smits for Indy? PLEASE tell me this kid is related to the Dunking Dutchman.

Smits for Indy? PLEASE tell me this kid is related to the Dunking Dutchman.

 

His son. Nice player. Went up against his teams last 2 years of AAU. Not as tall as his dad though.

Smits for Indy? PLEASE tell me this kid is related to the Dunking Dutchman.

 

It is indeed.

 

Going to Valpo. I'd say he's about 6'10. Solid player.

  • Author
His son. Nice player. Went up against his teams last 2 years of AAU. Not as tall as his dad though.

 

It is indeed.

 

Going to Valpo. I'd say he's about 6'10. Solid player.

 

Listed at 7'0 but I'd say 6'10 might be more accurate.

 

Ran in to his dad at Transy. Dude is TALL.

Why not just one game in Indiana since no one wants to attend in KY?

 

I think the outrageous prices have something to do with low attendance in ky. It cost 25$ for a ticket here but u can get a ticket there for 5$.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.