Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nkysportsblog

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nkysportsblog

  1. How many presale tickets are going to be sold? Are there going to be left over seats?
  2. :rolleyes: You can't be serious....
  3. Wow that was completely random and out of the blue. This is one of those situations where the coach has a heck of a lot of credibility coming in.
  4. This should be a great one. It's making me tempted to skip the good boys games and come watch this one.
  5. Wow I'm surprised by the score of this one. I thought Dayton was the better team, but I didn't expect this. Also impressive that they held Young to only 6 points.
  6. Holmes pulls their varsity would be my guess as to how and when HC will score.
  7. It's just a different style. I think it's tough to score and shoot well when you can never get into a rhythm due to the tough defense and other team taking a minute off of the clock at the other end. These teams didn't get many open shots off of their designed sets, which forces you to take other shots that aren't always open and a lot of times not in rhythm. I agree 22 points is ridiculous, but you live or die by that style of play. If you give up several baskets on consecutive possessions you're going to be in trouble, and if you don't make the easy shots that you do get(layups) then you aren't going to win either.
  8. I think your a bad coach if you don't, which after watching the HC/Ryle game you could be right.
  9. I don't get why no one can appreciate a good defensive battle. I wouldn't even say either of these teams played poorly. I thought it was a great game and extremely exciting to watch. It's fun to watch a game where every possession is critical. The game was tight the entire way until the last 4 minutes or so like Mustang mentioned. I was very impressed with Drew Kremer tonight. He's come a long way, and if he continues to be that aggressive it will definitely make the Mustangs a lot tougher. Both teams looked for high percentage shots, and they just weren't there due to the stingy sagging defenses. I wouldn't say either team stalled, but both were very patient.
  10. Except the part where he shoots 9-of-15 from three on you. I wouldn't exactly say that's all he does.
  11. I don't see how you don't think he would start over Ahearn? Also, Pangallo is good and I'm a big fan, but I can't see him starting over Bryan either.
  12. Is he really only 5'8"? He looked a little bit taller than that last night. I was thinkin at least 5'10?
  13. There is no doubt that he takes most of their shots. Why wouldn't he? I talked to one of their coaches last night, and they said he's not selfish at all. They had to make him take those shots. He would be a great pure point guard IMO if he had a team like Holmes or Boone around him. He threw two beautiful behind the back passes to teammates last night for layups. The only team he might not start on is Holmes, but that's even questionable because from what I hear Henley thinks extremely high of him.
  14. I have a feeling Boone isn't a whole lot better than all the other teams (other than Holmes of course) in the area. They will probably be more consistent, but I see them losing a couple games to local teams.
  15. As mentioned in the thread that got closed Bryan went off for 48. He had 21 in the first quarter, and 27 at the half on 6 of 10 shooting from 3-point range. Anyone who said he wouldn't start on other teams in the area is flat out wrong. Bryan would be so much better with other good players around him.
  16. Kowolonek just isn't a go to scorer. I think that's why it seems so quiet. As someone else mentioned he is always in the right place at the right time, and moves well without the ball. He is pretty good at penetrating as well, but just not a go to guy. I think he could develop into that role though.
  17. This game will be closer than the last time these teams met. It will be a much better atmosphere to. I'm looking for a few things...1) Does CovCath defend the post at all tonight? (this includes getting back in transition) 2) Is Highlands able to hit some outside shots to open things up on offense? 3) How do CovCath's guards handle the pressure? Can they get them into their offense? 4) Is Luke on? Can Highlands stop him? I think this one is going down to the wire... Highlands 51 CovCath 48
  18. Home court advantage (mainly which region is reffing) has played a big role in this game, but this year I don't know if it will be as big of a factor. These teams will play similar styles. I'm anxious to see the Rieger/Egan matchup. I still think the big difference in this game is the same as last year... Giwa. Brossart still doesn't have a guard that can handle his pressure nor guard him one on one. The thing Brossart does do well is play great team defense, so that should limit Giwa in the halfcourt. I'm taking the Indians 41-37.
  19. Lol I was thinking the exact same thing.
  20. LOL exactly, let's let him get used to being a varsity player first before we say he needs to have this and that added to his repertoire. Remember he really didn't even play much varsity last year til toward the end of the season.
  21. Remember Pittman has grown a lot since last year, and I'm sure a lot in those first two years of high school also. He has never been a post player.
  22. It's a shame that there aren't a few more players on this Villa team to go with Bryan. It'd be neat to see him with some of the teams that had some decent role players, but lacked that star. Thinking back to the days of like Matt Ford, Matt Meier, Billy Kopp, Matt Love, those kind of guys. It'd be cool to see Villa have a real nice season and upset some of the big names.
  23. Good to see Rieger and Kremer have big nights as those are the leaders, but they have to be there against Campbell when it counts. If they don't back down against Campbell then this team can definitely play with them.
  24. Oh by the way... Giwa is about a head taller than Ahern.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.