Everything posted by Nkysportsblog
-
Holy Cross 38 Ryle 36
Almost the same game, but different outcome. 10-8 at halftime HC led. I think the final score was 26-22 Ryle won. HC slowed it down most of the game, and Joe Allen did an outstanding job D'in up Perkins. Ryle just made a couple big buckets down the stretch, and HC blew it at the free throw line.
-
Dixie Heights 84 Villa Madonna 52
To me it looks more like St. Henry doesn't have any competition.
-
Holy Cross 38 Ryle 36
I agree HC did take a minute or two off the clock with some of their possessions though in the first half.
-
Holy Cross 38 Ryle 36
Missed shots. They tried to work it in and HC would double team, then they'd kick out and they tried to drive and HC cut them off with help D, and then they'd finally usually shoot a three or the bigs would put up a contested shot out of their comfort zone. Also, there were some possessions where it just resulted in Giwa or Trimpe getting a steal in the halfcourt.
-
Dixie Heights 84 Villa Madonna 52
Final... Thought this one would be much closer.
-
Lexington Lafayette 54 Covington Catholic 51
That's pretty cool. I saw a few weeks ago where he had got in and snatched a rebound.
-
Holy Cross 38 Ryle 36
Yeah I'd say Goetz completely outcoached Mullins.
-
Holmes 63 St. Henry 45
I think he's better on D than either of those you mentioned.
-
Holy Cross 38 Ryle 36
I think some of us just get too caught up in the matchups. It seems like every game HC is going to lose because they will get dominated inside. Yes HC is small but the reality of it is they rarely get dominated inside even when they lose. HC has a system that works for them right now, and they are going to keep most of their games low scoring and close. As for HC being better than predicted, maybe they are for some, but for me I still say it's Holmes with a lot of distance between them and second which is Boone. After that I say it is completely up in there with the next 6 to 7 teams. Most of those teams have a chance of knocking off Boone as well, but I think Boone will be more consistent than the rest of them.
-
Holy Cross 38 Ryle 36
Giwa had a big game... HC got layup after layup inside towards the end.
-
Holy Cross 38 Ryle 36
Final... Score was Holy Cross 9 Ryle 6 at halftime.
-
Ryle vs. Holy Cross (01/02)
Andy Ahern Height: 5' 8" Weight: 160 Giwa is right around 5'11-6'0 and weighs 175.
-
Ryle vs. Holy Cross (01/02)
Not knocking Ahern. I think he is a decent guard and a leader, but Giwa thrives against smaller guards. I also thought Ahern looked somewhat shaky when pressured during the CCH game. That is Giwa's strength. I think Ryle will win by about 7-9, but I just don't think they will dominate HC inside as much as most think. They definitely have the advantage inside against the Indians, but HC seems to find a way to slow down other team's bigs most games.
-
Ryle vs. Holy Cross (01/02)
I don't think you'll see Sullivan in this one. I agree that he scored because of the attention Nikola received, but neither Russell nor Nichols can step out and knock down the jumper the way he did. HC won't give up too many easy interior baskets I wouldn't think. However, I think McLeish will be the one to really create problems for the Indians. If they have to help off of him to defend the post he will kill them from the outside.
-
Ryle vs. Holy Cross (01/02)
Lol yes I guess you could say that, but point being I don't think Nichols has the jumpshot that O' Connor had.
-
Ryle vs. Holy Cross (01/02)
O'Connor scored half or more of his points from jumpshots. You are right about Giwa, but I think he'll have a good chance of generating turnovers and getting in transition against Ahern.
-
Ryle vs. Holy Cross (01/02)
I do think Giwa will dominate Ahern.
-
Ryle vs. Holy Cross (01/02)
They have Tate Nichols who is about 6'7" give or take an inch.
-
Holmes 59 Oldham County 36
I don't mean he is actually feeling pressure from you. I'm just saying your comment was ridiculous. I really don't see him making any type of impact at the varsity level at all this year. But I am glad I could give you a laugh.
-
Holmes 59 Oldham County 36
Well IDK I must have missed him in those games that I saw, or he just didn't have good games because I didn't remember him at all. I know Herndon ran the point most of the game for them.
-
Holmes 59 Oldham County 36
I'm in complete agreement with your thoughts on this matter. I didn't say that too much pressure is being put on him by playing in blowouts. I said that the people who are saying he should be a secret weapon of sorts for this team this year are being unfair to him. He is going to be fine under Henley's guidance.:thumb:
-
Holmes 59 Oldham County 36
FTR, I have absolutely no problem with them letting him play varsity today. That was not the point of my post at all.
-
Holmes 59 Oldham County 36
Just wondering ETA, because I haven't seen a whole lot of Holmes' JV squad, but I have yet to see McClendon or Arnold play JV?
-
Holmes 59 Oldham County 36
Wow ... Sensitive much? Not burying him... Said he will be a stud. I was saying it was completely off base for people to say he was Holmes secret weapon for the end of the year. There is a big difference... I was not burying the kid at all. It was the people on here who were making those comments.
-
Holmes 59 Oldham County 36
I was somewhat impressed with his size and athleticism for an eighth grader, but as far as his game and bball IQ... not so much.