Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nkysportsblog

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nkysportsblog

  1. That'd be great, but if Koz is really willing to utilize Walker out of a shotgun then why wouldn't we have seen that this year. They would make a heck of a tandem though out of the all of a sudden extremely popular "wildcat" formation.
  2. It will be interesting to see how they handle the Walker/Roenker situation.
  3. That's what I'm hearing as well.
  4. Just heard today that SK's Miles Simpson has received a scholarship offer from UK. I apologize if this is old news. I haven't seen a thread on it. Thoughts? Will he play RB at UK?
  5. Amazing isn't it? I witnessed a few parents involved in all of this last night at Beechwood/Highlands, and it was on both sides. People need to grow up and enjoy these kids/athletes. I also had a parent by me who was very complimentary of both teams, and was commenting on how great of a game it was. There are obviously people on both sides of the fence. I just think a lot more people need to appreciate this game and these athletes and quit getting caught up in petty bickering.
  6. I agree 100%. I am by no means saying it's a bad win for Scott... In fact it's the opposite, I thought Brossart would have a good chance at winning this because of their defense. Winning the close ones are what good teams do, but the fact that it was close wasn't because Scott played ugly. Scott played ugly because they ran into a good defense.
  7. My point is, I agree Highlands didn't look that good, but I don't think that's because it was an off night. I think off nights can usually be attributed to the other team, and I would definitely say last night's performance was due to playing Beechwood. I thought the zone was a bad idea for Willie, but it was probably to keep Romes from getting to the basket as no one was quick enough to stay in front of him and it resulted in Steve K and others getting fouls. If you go zone then you don't rebound as well, but you slow Romes down a little bit from driving to the basket every possession. Kowolonek was shut down by a good defender. It happens. The offensive problems are some of the same ones I saw against NewCath and Brossart... Two teams that are known for tough halfcourt defense.
  8. Lol that's why I'm really glad I don't have to vote. There is no way to rank the teams cause they have all beaten each other. I honestly think I'd just have to go with who won this week against who, and even then it's still hard.
  9. It pretty much falls right in line with what they did against Holy Cross. A team who is extremely similar to Brossart, and plays great defense like the 'Stangs.
  10. It also had Highlands and Beechwood listed as a tie 57-57. Lol kind of interesting as that game went into overtime tonight. Also has Holy Cross winning 55-38 over Lloyd... Of course the real final was 57-37
  11. Another interesting thing is if you check their ratings and use the different categories it breaks it down by overall ranking, strength of schedule, offense, defense, power. The defensive rankings are interesting. 1. Holmes 2. Brossart 5. Mason County 6. Holy Cross Those are those teams defensive rankings for the state.
  12. I disagree. They were maybe more capable scorers, but as all around basketball players I don't think so. I would take this Beechwood team over that one any day.
  13. Really? I didn't think they looked thaaat bad. They looked pretty much typical of what I've seen from them this year. They did the things they do well... well and they did the things they do poorly... poorly. I just thought Beechwood exploited weaknesses, and made a few key plays they really needed. I don't think this game hurts Highlands much. They didn't play horrible, and they found some things out about themselves. Good one to learn from and make them better.
  14. I've never been high on Highlands. They were pretty hot though reeling off seven straight before this game. It's all about matchups and who is playing well at the time anyway. As I've said many times, 2-13 is anyone's guess. If I had to pick a team right now between Campbell and BWood... I'd have to take Beechwood.
  15. I'm not very impressed with Scott, so a 2 point LOSS to them doesn't really do anything for me.
  16. You know it's a bad year for CovCath when the thread doesn't get started until ten til midnight.
  17. Lol does Newport have any halfcourt sets?
  18. Oh haha I know, I was just right there in the corner getting ready to leave when it happened and the one official was really emphatic while doing what I thought was waving the layup off. I guess I was confused he must have been waving his arms to say gameover as they sometimes do.
  19. I could have swore the ref waved that reverse by Watson off.
  20. I agree the key is having all four of those guys filling their roles at the same time.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.