Everything posted by Nkysportsblog
-
Scott 48 Bishop Brossart 44
I would agree. I think Scott played ugly is some folks way at a backhand compliment. There's no doubt about it... Scott struggles against a good defense who doesn't give Gligorevic easy inside baskets.
-
Beechwood 58 Highlands 54 (OT)
Lother really struggled tonight for the Birds.
-
Beechwood 58 Highlands 54 (OT)
Yup. That was honestly my first thought. Really early in the game Grote had a wide open look... second guessed himself tried to drive and picked up a charge. Willie yelled at him and after that he was fine. He just had to be aggressive looking for his shot. After he hit a two with his feet on the line and a three for his first two baskets all of a sudden it opened up the lanes to the baskets for him to drive. It's amazing how that works.
-
Beechwood 58 Highlands 54 (OT)
I was surprised by how well they look in the halfcourt set.
-
Beechwood 58 Highlands 54 (OT)
So who was it that picked up Grubbs minutes? Would you say Dill who played most of the game?
-
Beechwood 58 Highlands 54 (OT)
Grote and Romes both had 16. Buettel had 10.
-
Beechwood 58 Highlands 54 (OT)
Smith and Snyder combined for 17 points. If they are able to do that every night this Beechwood team is tough to stop.
-
Beechwood 58 Highlands 54 (OT)
Smith had 9 and he was HUGE!
-
Beechwood 58 Highlands 54 (OT)
I would say you are right not being able to keep up and having to foul was a problem in this game for Highlands. I would also attribute that to not being that great on defense.
-
Beechwood 58 Highlands 54 (OT)
Yup that's what I said. :idunno:
-
Beechwood 58 Highlands 54 (OT)
Yeah it's a catch 22 if Holmes wasn't ridiculously good then it would be probably the most exciting year of basketball in NKy in a long time. However, it'd be awesome to see a state championship and Holmes has a great shot at doing it. Plus it's fun to watch such talent right here in our hometown.
-
Beechwood 58 Highlands 54 (OT)
They pass the ball in the interior so well... it's an absolute pleasure to watch. I agree that they are definitely legit. I'll also say I was somewhat unimpressed with Highlands D tonight.
-
Beechwood 58 Highlands 54 (OT)
Yeah I wouldn't worry about being ranked honestly. It means absolutely nothing this year, and it's a job I wouldn't want.
-
Scott 48 Bishop Brossart 44
Good defense has a way of making you look ugly.
-
Beechwood 58 Highlands 54 (OT)
Highlands did solve the issue of who their go to guy is though. Grote was it the whole way, and there wasn't any question. The whole team was lookin to him, and Willie was callin his number the entire game.
-
Beechwood 58 Highlands 54 (OT)
That sure sounds familiar....:thumb::sssh:
-
Beechwood 58 Highlands 54 (OT)
No it was 58-52, but it did go into OT.
-
Highlands vs. Beechwood (1/16)
Thanks..:thumb:
-
Highlands vs. Beechwood (1/16)
That is what I meant more when I made that statement about his shot being non existent. I didn't know if he was a good or bad outside shooter... I just hadn't seen him even look at the basket from out there. You are correct I did not see the last few games of there's. Again I'm not bashing the kid by any means, in fact it's the opposite, I like his game a lot. I just had yet to see him prove himself as an outside threat.
-
Highlands vs. Beechwood (1/16)
He does play outstanding defense.
-
Highlands vs. Beechwood (1/16)
Well I guess you can serve me some crow then. I just have yet to see him make an outside jumper in the games I've attended. I really like his game though. He drives aggressively and goes strong to the basket, and also has a great midrange jumpshot that he pulls up for.
-
Highlands vs. Beechwood (1/16)
I would agree with that. Grote is a tough kid, and he seems to be the one who wants to step up. His biggest problem, like the rest of the team, is his nonexistent outside shot.
-
9th Region Division 3 P.O.Y
I'd say this year matches up with any of those, and possibly is more talented.
-
Highlands vs. Beechwood (1/16)
I think he has the ability to become one. I don't think he is yet. Which is fine considering he is only a junior. After watching them in the games where they struggled, I felt like he disappeared when they needed someone to step up and get a basket. Again Highlands is great against teams like Boone and I think they'll beat Beechwood because those teams aren't as defense oriented and like to get out and run and play uptempo. They struggle against the teams that slow it down and don't allow easy drives to the baskets and easy buckets in the post.
-
Highlands vs. Beechwood (1/16)
Right I pretty much agree with what you're saying except for the verbage. Clear cut would mean hands down no questions asked they are the second best team, and I just don't believe that. They are deserving of that No.2 ranking right now. They are who I would pick as the No.2 team right now, but I would never say they are the clear cut second best team. As for them not losing to Brossart or NewCath again, while I won't say that they would I will say I don't think those were fluke wins by any means. Those teams have something in common... tough defense... especially on the interior. Highlands struggles sometimes to score when you are able to play tough half court man and keep them from getting inside to the rim. If they are on from the outside then they can beat almost anyone. The problem is they really don't have a great outside threat, and it seems like noone wants to step up when they go through those scoring droughts.