Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 47 Covington Catholic 38

Featured Replies

Final. Shocked not to see a thread on this one; if I missed it I apologize.

Edited by mcpapa
Fat fingers

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it's a bad year for CovCath when the thread doesn't get started until ten til midnight.

Maile didn't play - retreat weekend.

 

Thelen played well until he hurt his elbow.

 

No one stepped into the scorer's role with Luke gone. Disappointing.

Maile didn't play - retreat weekend.

 

Thelen played well until he hurt his elbow.

 

No one stepped into the scorer's role with Luke gone. Disappointing.

 

Though not surprising.

With no Maile, I will be interested in seeing the box score on this one in the paper tomorrow.

With no Maile, I will be interested in seeing the box score on this one in the paper tomorrow.

 

I didn't hear all of the numbers but I believe Thelen had about 8, Isler 3, Wellbrock 2. Not sure about the rest.

Whats the jv results

Without Maile there and to hold it within 9, that's pretty good for CCH. Good rebound win for the Bred's.

Whats the jv results

 

I believe NC won.

Colonels abysmal season continues. Impressive they were able to keep it within 9 without Maile though.

You take Maile off the CovCath squad and I dont think they win more than 10 games the entire year. He is that important to them not only offensively but defensively as well. I am not that impressed with NCC only winning this one by 9 at home against the Maile-less Colonels. A win is a win though.

You take Maile off the CovCath squad and I dont think they win more than 10 games the entire year. He is that important to them not only offensively but defensively as well. I am not that impressed with NCC only winning this one by 9 at home against the Maile-less Colonels. A win is a win though.

 

Unless the Colonels go 6-3 over their last nine games, they won't be winning 10 games with Maile as it stands.

sure wasn't Luke at the batting cage????:lol:

 

Must have been a good game any stats?

Maile didn't play - retreat weekend.

 

Thelen played well until he hurt his elbow.

 

No one stepped into the scorer's role with Luke gone. Disappointing.

 

At CovCath, the Senior Retreat is a requirement of graduation, meaning you don't attend your Senior Retreat, you don't graduate! You can choose from a list of three or four retreats during the school year (if I remember correctly) but you have to attend one of them or as I wrote earlier you don't graduate period and "no excuse" is good enough to miss it!

 

As many of us posters on BGP's have tried to explain to some who have never attended CovCath, or had a son attend there, CovCath is a whole lot more than a jock school! Believe it or not sports at CovCath comes in a distant third to Academics and Religious Education. Yes sports are for fun, but the outstanding education you receive at CovCath lasts a lifetime and the Senior Retreat is very, very important part of that education. I still clearly remember mine, all those many, many years ago...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.