Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 47 Covington Catholic 38

Featured Replies

Surprised nobody has mentioned Ives in this thread.

 

Box Score:

 

Covington Catholic (4-12): Maschinot 1 0 2, Ives 4 3 15, Wellbrock 2 1 5, Thelen 3 3 9, Isler 0 3 3, Counts 2 0 4. Totals 12 10 38.

 

Newport Central Catholic (7-7): Meyer 1 0 2, Pangallo 3 4 11, J. Giesler 2 2 6, Connor 1 5 8, Schmidt 2 0 6, Gish 2 0 5, M. Giesler 3 0 7, Ollberding 1 0 2. Totals 15 11 47.

 

Covcath 7 9 9 13- 47

Newcath 11 11 9 16- 38

 

3-pointers: CC 4 (Ives 4), NCC 6 (Schmidt 2, Gish, M. Giesler, Connor, Pangallo).

 

Sounds like Ives had his best game of the year.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know, from the looks of the picture in the paper this morning that Jordan Counts kid sure has some PIPES. :eek:

 

Counts reminds me of Ball from Highlands last year...only taller and not as big.

The Christian Awakening / Senior retreat is NOT mandatory. It is highly recommended (by everybody) and it was THE best experience over my 4 years at Covington Catholic. And I had some great ones. There are less than a handful of seniors who do not participate with a retreat -- there are typically either 3 or 4 different times you can go.

 

I'm surprised that Maile didn't go on the 1st retreat, but maybe that's because he wasn't planning on playing basketball when sign ups occurred. I don't know, but I do know that retreat scheduling is usually set in stone once it's done...

 

Horrible news about Thelen. It sounded like he was turning the corner and I was hoping he'd get some more experience.

 

I do not know if Covington Catholic has ever not won 10 games in a year...

Nice win New Cath none the less. Listerman :idunno:

Can we stop talking about this retreat thing and Maile? Seriously, so lets say he skips it and plays and they win. So what? Its a game and I doubt Luke will remember the NCC game 20 yrs from now but will probably remember the retreat for a lifetime like Oldguy said.

 

I am more interested in hearing about the game and matchups, etc.

 

 

Eta asked and I answered. Now we can stop talking about it. And to be honest I think Luke's going to be forgetting about basketball not long from now. :thumb:

Of course sports are just for fun when the football and basketball teams are way down. I wonder if Brossart was having fun before he was ran out.

 

Haha.:notworthy:

Of course sports are just for fun when the football and basketball teams are way down. I wonder if Brossart was having fun before he was ran out.

 

I doubt he was having fun. Hard to have fun when your whole team can't respect you due to the treatment they recieved. :) I'm sure it uncomfortable for all involved.

 

Sports ARE for fun, education is obviously the most important thing stressed by schools. However, there ARE kids who look at sports for more than just fun [scholarships] even in down years.

I doubt the 10 wins.

 

Tates Creek L

@ Boone Co L

v Daviess Co W

@ Scott L

v Holy Cross W

@ St Henry L

@ Dixie L

v Simon Kenton W

v Pendleton Co W

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

i doubt the 10 wins

 

Tates Creek L

@ Boone Co L

v Daviess Co W

@ Scott L

v Holy Cross W

@ St Henry L

@ Dixie L

v Simon Kenton W

v Pendleton Co W

 

 

Dont know about St Henry and Dixie, thats a toss up. Neither are very good. They may be playing decent as of late, but they still arent that outstanding.

 

The rest I pretty much agree with.

I doubt the 10 wins.

 

Tates Creek L

@ Boone Co L

v Daviess Co W

@ Scott L

v Holy Cross W

@ St Henry L

@ Dixie L

v Simon Kenton W

v Pendleton Co W

 

I see Holy Cross beating them, and maybe either St. Henry or Dixie losing to them but other then that it looks pretty good.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.