Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 47 Covington Catholic 38

Featured Replies

sure wasn't Luke at the batting cage????:lol:

 

Must have been a good game any stats?

 

It was not a good game, both teams played lousy, the JV game was way more entertaining.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At CovCath, the Senior Retreat is a requirement of graduation, meaning you don't attend your Senior Retreat, you don't graduate! You can choose from a list of three or four retreats during the school year (if I remember correctly) but you have to attend one of them or as I wrote earlier you don't graduate period and "no excuse" is good enough to miss it!

 

As many of us posters on BGP's have tried to explain to some who have never attended CovCath, or had a son attend there, CovCath is a whole lot more than a jock school! Believe it or not sports at CovCath comes in a distant third to Academics and Religious Education. Yes sports are for fun, but the outstanding education you receive at CovCath lasts a lifetime and the Senior Retreat is very, very important part of that education. I still clearly remember mine, all those many, many years ago...

 

There are a lot of schools out there that are more than just jock schools. I guess when you've had the kinda sports year Covington Catholic has had you gotta fall back on something.

There are a lot of schools out there that are more than just jock schools. I guess when you've had the kinda sports year Covington Catholic has had you gotta fall back on something.

 

Not at all! :irked: During the great years (and CovCath has had many of them) or the not so great years (and CovCath has had those too) I have always said this about CovCath. Go ahead, go through my over 4,600 posts or so, and you will see that I have always posted that Sports are for fun, but a education last a lifetime.

At CovCath, the Senior Retreat is a requirement of graduation, meaning you don't attend your Senior Retreat, you don't graduate!

 

FWIW, unless policy has changed since 2007, this is not true.

 

But retreat was an awesome experience- and I second what you said about the role that sports play at CovCath.

Not at all! :irked: During the great years (and CovCath has had many of them) or the not so great years (and CovCath has had those too) I have always said this about CovCath. Go ahead, go through my over 4,600 posts or so, and you will see that I have always posted that Sports are for fun, but a education last a lifetime.

Little touchy here. CCH is a great school, I don't think anyone has a problem with Luke missing a game for his retreat. As far as sports being for fun you should take to your fellow CCH fans and parents and see if they believe this before trying to convince the rest of us.

FWIW, unless policy has changed since 2007, this is not true.

 

But retreat was an awesome experience- and I second what you said about the role that sports play at CovCath.

From what I heard in the stands last night, the retreat is not mandatory.
From what I heard in the stands last night, the retreat is not mandatory.

 

Just curious, but since when?

Just curious, but since when?

 

It was mandatory last year. I know that for a fact. Why did Maile go on this date, instead of going on an earlier date? Thats the only question I have.

Unless the Colonels go 6-3 over their last nine games, they won't be winning 10 games with Maile as it stands.

 

I think Covcath will hit the ten win mark. I see the rest of their season playing out like this:

 

v Tates Creek L

@ Boone Co L

v Daviess Co W

@ Scott L

v Holy Cross W

@ St Henry W

@ Dixie W

v Simon Kenton W

v Pendleton Co W

It was mandatory last year. I know that for a fact. Why did Maile go on this date, instead of going on an earlier date? Thats the only question I have.

 

I think it answers a question by some that questioned whether Maile was really going to sit out the basketball season or not. I believe the young man had no intentions of playing Basketball this season, then at the last minute changed his mind and thus CovCath didn't have a spot open for the Senior Retreat for him in the early Fall.

Little touchy here. CCH is a great school, I don't think anyone has a problem with Luke missing a game for his retreat. As far as sports being for fun you should take to your fellow CCH fans and parents and see if they believe this before trying to convince the rest of us.

 

I think that if you talk to the wide majority of the Alums, the wide majority of the Parents (past and present), if you talk to the current administration, if you even talk to the coaches like Coach L or Coach Krumps you will find that academics and religious education comes first, second, third etc. before sports. Parents don't spend thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars in tuition, just to have their sons play sports.... Yes sports are for fun, but how many kids actucally make a living playing them?

 

Sorry for getting off the topic mods.....

At CovCath, the Senior Retreat is a requirement of graduation, meaning you don't attend your Senior Retreat, you don't graduate! You can choose from a list of three or four retreats during the school year (if I remember correctly) but you have to attend one of them or as I wrote earlier you don't graduate period and "no excuse" is good enough to miss it!

 

As many of us posters on BGP's have tried to explain to some who have never attended CovCath, or had a son attend there, CovCath is a whole lot more than a jock school! Believe it or not sports at CovCath comes in a distant third to Academics and Religious Education. Yes sports are for fun, but the outstanding education you receive at CovCath lasts a lifetime and the Senior Retreat is very, very important part of that education. I still clearly remember mine, all those many, many years ago...

 

:lol::lol: Really? I think just about every catholic school in the region is that way not just the one and only Cov Cath.

 

As for sports being third at Cov Cath. I think just about every catholic school in the region put Religion and Education first not just the one and only Cov Cath.

It was mandatory last year. I know that for a fact.

 

You might want to check your facts because I am sure it was NOT mandatory.

:lol::lol: Really? I think just about every catholic school in the region is that way not just the one and only Cov Cath.

 

As for sports being third at Cov Cath. I think just about every catholic school in the region put Religion and Education first not just the one and only Cov Cath.

 

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to be the one to say it...

You might want to check your facts because I am sure it was NOT mandatory.

 

If it's not mandatory why did he miss the game then? Can't say that I understand it. I know Isler, Ives, Counts, and Sorrell are all seniors as well and none of those missed last night's game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.